Anger At God Common, Even Among Athiests

God gave us a free will to make our own decisions. Some times our decisions and the decisions of others get us in trouble. It's just easy to blame god.

It is ok to get mad at God, just do not abandon him because he will not abandon you.

Atheist don't believe in any gods. Claiming atheist get angry with someone else's imaginary supernatural being is nonsense. It would be the equivalent of a Christian claiming he is angry with one of the Hindu gods that the Christian doesn't even believe exists. I'm amazed at what people will swallow without thinking.

Neither do atheists get angry with Superman or Casper the Ghost or Santa Clause or the Tooth Fairy. Atheist don't shake their fists at things that don't exists.

Atheist don't believe in any gods. Claiming atheist get angry with someone else's imaginary supernatural being is nonsense. It would be the equivalent of a Christian claiming he is angry with one of the Hindu gods that the Christian doesn't even believe exists. I'm amazed at what people will swallow without thinking.

Neither do atheists get angry with Superman or Casper the Ghost or Santa Clause or the Tooth Fairy. Atheist don't shake their fists at things that don't exists.
But I have seen Atheists Say G.D. it, or J.C. when they hit their thumb with a hammer..
I've never seen one say Superman or Casper or Buddha Damn..
I wonder why that is? I wonder if, in the orient, they say Buddha Damn it???
OR in India do they say Krishna Damn it??? Hummm

But I have seen Atheists Say G.D. it, or J.C. when they hit their thumb with a hammer..

What leads you to think that a person who says "god damn it" is referring to your particular version of a god?

What leads you to think that a person who says "god damn it" is referring to your particular version of a god?

Because its the only one, duh.. Saying god damn is no different than any of the other expletives..

Why does it need to refer to any particular God/gods??
An Atheist by definition doesn't believe in ANY God/gods, so why would they ask God/gods to damn anything??

I would think the use of the GD word by an Atheist is just a swear word with no meaning but an expression of frustration and any word made up such as (example) frizle paz or the more known adjectives are equally interchangable...
Analogy: Just as young children all too often learn and use profanities long before they understand their meaning, a word is just that a word unless you give it the power of meaning..

I've said "F*&$ Me!" after hitting my thumb, but certainly wasn't asking anyone around me to perform such an act. Also said "Holy Moly" and "Googly Moogly", but to tell the truth I don't believe in Mr. Moly or Mr. Moogly. :rolleyes:

bored.jpg

Because its the only one, duh.. .

You'd have to grow up in a cave on a deserted island with no contact with any other human being not to know that there are more than 10,000 gods claimed to exist.

Even the bibles mention about 28 different gods.

So when you hear someone say "god damn it" ask them "which of the 10,000 gods were you referring to."

You'd have to grow up in a cave on a deserted island with no contact with any other human being not to know that there are more than 10,000 gods claimed to exist.

Even the bibles mention about 28 different gods.

So when you hear someone say "god damn it" ask them "which of the 10,000 gods were you referring to."

Was being sarcastic..

I can't say that I have ever heard an atheist say any of those things because I have never known a professing atheist, There may be some but they didn't say anything to me about it and if for some reason religion was ever brought up they joined in the conversation. Therefore I am no expert on what atheist do or say. At the same time I have never had anyone tell me that they were gay even though I knew some were, we just ignored any discussion of that topic and talked about other important things such as how bad Obama is screwing up or who is going to be the next "American Idol". :eek:fftopic::wink:

It should be noted that this blog does not speak of swearing but of actual anger towards God. Cursing doesn't necessarily show anger against God but is usually pointed at someone else or a situation. The question I asked was rhetorical in nature.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back