An idea I had . . . any suggestions?

The ARRL website has a link to help you locate a nearby club. Also, pick up a copy of The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual Level 1, Technician it's a big help. I'm studying for my Technician exam in March.

I was visiting with another mom this morning and discussing the election results, etc. She's very concerned and not feeling at all prepared for any trouble that might be coming (doesn't know how to make bread, has very little emergency food stores, etc.). So I suggested we get together every other week or monthly or whatever she wants while the kids are at school and practice or learn some skill that will help us better provide for our families. I'm inviting a couple of other moms to join us. Should be fun. I told her to make a list of the things she wanted to learn and we'd start with those. We'll see what she comes up with. Any suggestions on what to practice? She's really a novice, I'm not so much. I'll keep you posted on how things progress . . . the more I share preparedness now the fewer people who will be sending their kids knocking at my door in the event we ever need to use our skills . . .

That's a great idea! Better than a ladies Bridge Club or something like that. Great way to teach and build skills. I'm a guy. Can I join,too?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back