Amusing OC encounter

RugerP345

I stopped by my Local Food Lion in Pikeville to grab a few items. I had my stainless Sig on my hip in a bianchi carrylok holster. I was standing in the checkout line and this old geezer with a Vietnam Vet hat walks up ..."Sheriffs Office?" I said no, just an American, then he proceeded to tell me he had a CHP and he pulls this little 22 stainless revolver outta his shirt breast pocket with a big old grin. Then he proceeds to tell me about his .38 in the car outside and his 9mm at home..... Sensing a L-o-n-g story coming up I talk with his a second or two and then head for the door.

I couldn't help but grin at the old guy. As I'm going thru the door some old blue-haird lady in the checkout points at me and yells "I WANT ONE OF THEM!"

...only in the North Carolina sticks :biggrin:

OLD GEEZERS??!! You young whippersnapper! :biggrin:

I had a similar thing happen years ago in southern Indiana. Old farmer-type comes into the store I"m clerking with my Colt .38 spl on my hip, opens his coat to show me the .44 mag hawg belted to his coveralls and says something like "you aint' gonna have no problem here tonite, son, you're on my watch". Guys down there had it together. Gotta love it.

I couldn't help but grin at the old guy. As I'm going thru the door some old blue-haird lady in the checkout points at me and yells "I WANT ONE OF THEM!"

.[/QUOTE]

Was she talking about you or your pistol?:laugh:

One day I was carrying my G20 and some old geezer walked up and asked about it. He then pulled his Glock out of a fanny pack to show me. Ack! Dude, don't be pulling your piece out in the middle of a store. Besides, it's a Glock; they all look the same. :fie:

I don't know what people are thinking when they do that. I have been asked by total strangers if they could hold my openly carried handgun. Seriously?!

Do you let them?:laugh:

My usual reply is "You'd want YOUR fingerprints all over a strangers gun!?"
The smart ones understand. The numb ones spend enough time with the confused look trying to figure it out that I can just walk away.

Had a similar incident at Sports Academy... standing at the gun counter I was talking to an older gentlemen and we got on the subject of concealed carry. I lifted up the front of my sweat shirt to show him my Glock 27 holstered in my belly band rig. He then proceeded to pull out a Browning Hi-Power from beneath his coat! Completely removed it from it's holster to show me!! I was impressed but also a tad bit alarmed. I'm not paranoid, I just hear it really hurts!!

I also carry open sometimes in my store. I've been asked by some to let them handle my pistol but I usually answer, "There are only two people who have that privilege, my father, and my commanding officer. My dad is dead and I mustered out in 1976." :no:

It always amazes me that people think I am just going to hand them my loaded gun to "look at" and I don't even know them. The sad part is that these are the same people that are ALLOWED TO VOTE.

I stopped by my Local Food Lion in Pikeville to grab a few items. I had my stainless Sig on my hip in a bianchi carrylok holster. I was standing in the checkout line and this old geezer with a Vietnam Vet hat walks up ..."Sheriffs Office?" I said no, just an American, then he proceeded to tell me he had a CHP and he pulls this little 22 stainless revolver outta his shirt breast pocket with a big old grin. Then he proceeds to tell me about his .38 in the car outside and his 9mm at home..... Sensing a L-o-n-g story coming up I talk with his a second or two and then head for the door.

You're window of opportunity is gone ...... you should of made a date with that Lady LOL

To help her purchase a handgun that is ............:sarcastic:

I may have to move in the near future. Try that here in MA and they yell "GUN!!!" then drop to the floor and start dialing 911...

The local guy that I buy my stuff from here has his shop on the 2nd floor of a local bank building. We all make sure they are hidden.:fie:

I'm Jealous...

It always amazes me that people think I am just going to hand them my loaded gun to "look at" and I don't even know them. The sad part is that these are the same people that are ALLOWED TO VOTE.

Who said you had to give it to them loaded, if you let them hold it at all.

That's one of the things I like about when I open carried in GA.
My open carry was my revolver, my conceal was my pistol.
I could easily unload, share and socialize, but always armed.

Living in a no OC state now and I do miss it.

And boy were the North GA mountains full of people who want to share gun and war stories.:laugh:

One day I was carrying my G20 and some old geezer walked up and asked about it. He then pulled his Glock out of a fanny pack to show me. Ack! Dude, don't be pulling your piece out in the middle of a store. Besides, it's a Glock; they all look the same. :fie:

I don't know what people are thinking when they do that. I have been asked by total strangers if they could hold my openly carried handgun. Seriously?!

Honestly! Someone is really that tweaked to ask that? They have got to be kidding! No frolicking way is anyone's prints gonna be on my pistol! :sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back