Amtrak--Anyone got a quick answer?

Amtrak is government owned....does that make them a "federal facility"? :pleasantry:

Terms of Transportation Agreement when you ride Amtrack:

"All travel on, and transactions with, Amtrak is governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, United States of America, without regards to its principles of conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any Federal court located in the District of Columbia, United States of America, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts."

Link Removed

Looks to me that you are agreeing not only to be bound by Federal Law, but more specifically the laws of the District of Columbia! :fie:

Well, thanks for the info, even if it isn't happy.

She'll probably make the trip unarmed. That is, if she manages to unsnarl the incredible SNAFU (billed the amount of the Amtrak trip to our Amex FIVE times -- first time went through, next four bounced -- and it turns out she billed charges to an airline, not Amtrak) caused by a AAA travel agent in Everett. BTW, don't use them; they farm out the job to Travelocity, then charge you a $30 service fee.

Personally, I have no desire to visit California, particularly the "Mexifornia" southern part, and no interest at all in riding Amtrak. We have cars and motorcycles so we can go where we want to, when we want to.

My beloved Kathleen and her Mama decided on this trip, but recent experiences pretty much guarantee they won't do it again.

Personally, I would have driven. I can get in a car, go where I want to go, when I want to go and carry what I want to carry.

As far as I'm concerend, so long as they treat decent Americans like criminals, Amtrak and the airlines can go to hell.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back