ammo supply

blacksharkL82

too old to run.
Spring Hill, FL. State Rd. 19
Went to my local wally world, to get some bread. Stopped in at the gun section and asked for 45 ACP ammo.
"Haven't had any in three weeks".
Under the counter, I saw at least a case. Asked if I could buy that case. "No, they have been ordered for someone."
I asked if I could order some.
"No, just certain people can order this stuff."
I have a phone meeting with the regional manager, Monday, PM. to complain about that.
Will let you know what takes place, if and when I speak with him.

Spring Hill, FL. State Rd. 19
Went to my local wally world, to get some bread. Stopped in at the gun section and asked for 45 ACP ammo.
"Haven't had any in three weeks".
Under the counter, I saw at least a case. Asked if I could buy that case. "No, they have been ordered for someone."
I asked if I could order some.
"No, just certain people can order this stuff."
I have a phone meeting with the regional manager, Monday, PM. to complain about that.
Will let you know what takes place, if and when I speak with him.

That's outrageous. Keep us posted.

-Seawolf

That is ridiculous to say the least...

I would like to know the requirements to order ammo slip the guy some cash or something I bet.

Yes, please keep us posted. The "China Mart in our area, has NO handgun ammo, except a few 22 shorts. Rifle ammo, is not plentiful, but there are some sizes available. I talked to the clerk, to see if they were getting ammo/re-loading supplies in, and he indicated NONE were coming in, at least in this store. Wondering if this is a company wide policy, or maybe because we are in the "Bible Belt" that may have something to do with it? :mad::mad:

You should have immeadiately got a hold of the store manager and complained. That guy was probably doing something he shouldn't.

Just got off the phone with the regional manager of wally world, about the ammo not being sold to the public, last week.
He's sorry about the incident and will call me back, when he investigated the matter.
bla bla bla. More BS.
I'll keep you all posted.

As far as 45 supply, I don't know what your primary vendor is for 45, Winchester, Remington or Federal/Blazer in that area. Up here I haven't seen Remington in months. In fact overall Remington stuff, particularly UMC has been nearly impossible to get. I think the Yellow boxed stuff is a different factory and you can get it more regularly, we just got a good supply of 222, 223 and 22-250 for the first time in ages. Winchester comes in every so often. WInchester seems to be mostly hard to get in .22s though we finally started to build a good supply. It took a good two months to get a huge order of .22 mags too. The Federals we got like 50 boxes in last week out of an order of 65. We have orders placed directly to the manufacturers but aside from Remington 22s and some oddball steel shot we never get, nothing much except some 9mm has come in however we screwed up the order too and forgot to put the number of cases we need of some stuff so I think they just bypassed sending it all. As it stands we really don't have any 380, 30-30 or 38 special or 308, but most other calibers we got from someone in a fairly decent quantity. Again, astute managers can, with some work, build a supply of something, but it requires a bit of work and some familiarity with the ordering system. Due to the fact that the stuff is so regionalized there may be area specific shortages of certain calibers that other areas might have.

A local WalMart tried to put a 6 box limit on ammo and someone complained and there is no limit on ammo now. I know they special order long guns but I don't think they can special order ammo.

ammo in charlotte, nc walmarts are two box max per day. if they have it. and they don't. i started reloading. sizable investment, but what the heck.

A local WalMart tried to put a 6 box limit on ammo and someone complained and there is no limit on ammo now. I know they special order long guns but I don't think they can special order ammo.

was at walmart yesterday and they also had a sign with a 6 item per day per customer limit. they got in 6 boxes of .45 wwb 100 count value packs and some one came in the morning and bought them all. I did get some .22 550 count remington at least. first time seeing those in a few months.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back