ammo store news

bellyfat

i have a freind who owns an ammo store.
he said march 18th is a date the ammo company;s are going to release alot of ammo.
they have ben holding it back to stop the hoarders.
he gets his info from the distributors and the mfgs.
he said after that date, we will be swimming in .22 ammo and many others.
i certainly hope it pans out to be true.....im not out of anything that i shoot but, havent been shooting much at all exept for my shotgun

Holding it back to stop the hoarders? That seems counter intuitive. The absence of ammo is what drives the frenzied buying. Get the ammo out into the marketplace and the perceived need for hoarding will decrease.

But what do I know...I just want MORE AMMO! :)

Holding it back to stop the hoarders? That seems counter intuitive. The absence of ammo is what drives the frenzied buying. Get the ammo out into the marketplace and the perceived need for hoarding will decrease.

But what do I know...I just want MORE AMMO! :)

Man I hope this is accurate... I really need some 9mm. It really does make one think about a 'true' disaster situation and how it would be. Not sayin' this whole deal isn't a disaster but that's for another forum.

:stop:

Well, if this is true, they were probably holding it back so they could create an illusion of a shortage. Thus, jacking up the prices. Voila, more profit! My hope is that the gun stores sit on an overstock for a while. Prices are absolutely ridiculous. I'm already seeing a slow down at the shops. Up until a week or so ago,it was sometimes difficult to just find a parking place at most shops. Maybe everyone's credit cards are maxed out. Either that or the wives intercepted the cc bill...... lol

How does that make any sense?? To stop hoarding, they limit supply? They release it all at once. Seems to me that would cause the hoarding, not help stop it.

I would think releasing ammo lots to keep up with demand as best as they can would make for a better economical plan on a monthly basis. Manufacturers of other goods usually push as many orders as they can before EOM to better their "numbers". Maybe the ammo industry is different.

he said march 18th is a date the ammo company;s are going to release alot of ammo.
they have ben holding it back to stop the hoarders.

So on March 18th and 19th, all the ammo will be bought up again by the hoarders who want to increase their closet supply from 10,000 to 20,000 rounds... And then we will be back in the same situation we are now. And then people will blame the government for the ammo shortage.

I just hope that the businesses who are price gouging us go out of business. Once normal supply and demand resumes, I know exactly which companies I will not be buying from anymore.

Well, if this is true, they were probably holding it back so they could create an illusion of a shortage. Thus, jacking up the prices. Voila, more profit! My hope is that the gun stores sit on an overstock for a while. Prices are absolutely ridiculous. I'm already seeing a slow down at the shops. Up until a week or so ago,it was sometimes difficult to just find a parking place at most shops. Maybe everyone's credit cards are maxed out. Either that or the wives intercepted the cc bill...... lol

Looks like the ammo companies are learning tricks from the oil companies.

I to am seeing some slow downs in stores however, .22, 9mm, .40, .223, 5.56 has still been is short supply and what gets delivered is usually in small ammounts and doesn't last long on the shelves. Our local gunshops I have to say have been reasonable when ammo is available. As a matter of fact picked up some .45 auto yesterday for $22.00/ per 50 rnd box. Cheapest i've seen it in 4 or five months. Our largest local retailer whom I will not mention is selling the same thing for $29.00. I have been able to stock up on a fairly decent amount of pistol and rifle ammo so will sit back and watch for a while, maybe give some of the other guys a chance to get some, OK....yeh, and my wife finally saw how much I have accumulated and what I had spent and requested I refrain from additional spending for the time being. Swimming in ammo will make a lot of folks happy, I guess we will see if it's true and what it does.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back