Ammo Shortage ?

Debray

My brother and I were talking Sunday and I mentioned I wanted to attend an advanced CC class on April 16th at the local gun club.
The class requires 200 rounds of ammo, and he asked where will you get the ammo there isn't any out there.
At work yesterday one of my co-workers said Dick's had some aultimax reloads that worked well in his Sig 45 and they came in 500 round containers.
After work I ran out to Dicks and found they had no 9mm, 40cal, nor 45cal, the salesman said they have had an order in for a couple weeks but nothing is available.
I left there and went to a new gun shop that opened two weeks ago, I had attended their grand opening and there shelves loaded with ammo.
The shelves were now bare and the owner said they had tried to order but there nothing available.
I told him I would have to start reloading, he said you can't even buy components.
What is going on?
Debray

Yep I'm in the same boat. I'm taking a 500 round advanced tac class at the end of next month. I also reload and it is hard to find components right now. I've already started picking up ammo as I run across it so I have enough for class.

I think a lot of it is because of panic buying. There are a lot more people buying more ammo.

Every time I see a box of what I can use...

I buy it. You may have to stockpile the 500 rounds you need. I buy a box here and a box there just to keep up with what I shoot. When you find suitable defensive ammo...set it aside for real world use and not for training. There is plenty of stuff with the same weight and velocity that is FMJ for training.

The only thing Obama and the Dems have been good for has been firearms and ammunition sales.

Here in Montana there has been a real run on firearms, ammo and reloading components. I am kicking myself for not gradually stocking up on reloading stuff since inheriting my dad's reloading equipment 3 1/2 years ago.:cray:

I was in the Salt Lake/Provo area last month and found lots of supplies there. Either they saw it coming and the sellers stocked up or there hasn't been a big rush like we've had.

It isn't just the ammo, either. There has been a real run on the pocket guns like P3AT's, LCP's and P-9's. Get the 9mm subcompacts, though, twice the power and you might find ammo... or find it for less than a buck a round like .380 is now.

I was able to buy all I want this time the small store I have to purchase at. american eagle 150 rounds for 45.00 + tax:biggrin:

People are scared. I know personaly I don't put too much faith in the NOBAMA administration to protect me and my family, thats my job. I went out and bought some stuff in fear and I am sure many others did the same thing. Here in PRMA, I see more and more females turning to firearm purchases. I happened to ask a few in my local store one day why they are buying now if they never shot before? (I did this in a nice way not blunt and jerk sounding, just too long to type the actual convo). Their response was "we may not be able to protect ourselfs under current administrations". They were scared that with the economy being so low, that people would start to turn to crime and they didn't want to be defense-less. GOD that may me so happy to hear. If I was rich, I probably would of paid for their order. Its good to see that Holder and NOBAMA can't pull the wool over everyones eyes. The brave will fight for their rights.

obama is what happened to the ammo supply.. he has the most anti gun administration in usa history. every time I go to wally world I check the ammo. they are out of it 90 percent of the time. but I do find some there from time to time.. and when I see it.. I buy it.

You know S/C that is not a bad plan to pick up something every time you can. I was talking to a couple LEO's at a range tonight and this supply issue came up. Even the LEO's are complaining about the lack of supply. The one department was using Frangible becasue it is easier to get and the general public has not accepted its use yet. :fie:

guys if you want brass Scharch Mfg Inc. has once fired and new brass in stock reasonably priced as well. i bought some last years. i checked every case for length before loading and they were all cut and sized perfectly. all you have to do is add primers powedr and bullet and you are ready to go!!!!!!!!!

One of my co-workers gave me the phone number of Cast Master a wholesaler of ammo in Pa.

I called Friday but got a recording that they would get back to me as soon as possible, it was my last chance of purchaseing 9mm ammo for the advanced CC class next Saturday.

They returned my call yesterday and I got the same story I received at Dicks, Tactical Weapon Supply, and several other suppliers, "We are expecting a shipment in a couple weeks.

I have a little more than the 200 rounds I need for the class but I am going to hang on to them untill I can get more.

Debray

Ammo

The shortage, is as far as I can tell is nation wide and it is all demand driven. The Ammo makers are cranking as fast as they can. This is a problem that should not be a problem. The common sense laws of being prepared should have been at work here.We all know (or should have) that the ammo supply will be the first acts of a corrupt government. Without the ammo your weapons are useless. (Easy)
My whole family knew this about the time Clinton was elected and we all acted. For every weapon we own we have stockpiled ammo for them. I will only say that 10.000 rds for each weapon is set as a minimum.
It is not rocket science here. I am glad me and my brothers stockpiled when we did. When we all get together to shoot we do not use the reserve. This is for emergency"s only.
I am not trying to be an alarmest, just practical. If you own firearms, have on hand a supply of ammo for them that will help to protect your family,s safety in case of a national emergency or a Global one. A couple of boxes is NOT going to cut it here.
Get Ready.

I don't know if there's as much of an ammo shortage or not . I think you just have to be first in line when it comes in because of the attention of the whole thing with the new administration. Kind of like Harley Davidson's, 5 years ago you had two wait 2 years for a new one now you can pick one up anywhere. Hopefully it will settle down soon and it won't be so hard to purchase what you want. A local gun and accessory store in my area has most everything you want but they have always been Little higher priced than most places to. They have been saying 380 is on country back order but I have been able to still order from certain places.

04/12/2008

No common hand gun or rifle ammo on any shelves for more then a few hours here in Vegas...

I was at the gun show last weekend, first guy in line and it was the first gun show I have been to in my life that had NO AMMO...

guy in line behind me beat me to a table selling powder, I bought all the primers from the same guy... that was it for reloading supplies as well...

Way to go Gun Ban Obama & Company...

04/12/2008

No common hand gun or rifle ammo on any shelves for more then a few hours here in Vegas...

I was at the gun show last weekend, first guy in line and it was the first gun show I have been to in my life that had NO AMMO...

guy in line behind me beat me to a table selling powder, I bought all the primers from the same guy... that was it for reloading supplies as well...

Way to go Gun Ban Obama & Company...

Be glad you can get to a gun show, I think the closest one to me is 200 miles or so. The last gun show I attended was in Phoenix AZ a year or so ago. What primers did you buy? Im still searching for small pistol primers so I can reload for my 40sw carry

I never thought i'd see the day when you have to "know" someone at WalMart for the inside scoop on when ammunition is delivered to the store, but it's came to that in eastern kentucky and probably most other places too. Some independent gun stores keep it in stock ok but forget WalMart. The Sporting Good clerk at my local WalMart told me the last time they got a shipment of 9mm, they got 15 boxes of 50 rounds each and one guy bought every box. Why they are not limiting how much one customer can buy in order to make it more available to others, i'm not sure. I'm literally down to one mag of 9 mm and that is what my carry weapon uses. I'm going out of town on some business in a couple of days and hopefully i can find some then.

Blue

I drove to Wheeling WVa. yesterday, I thought Cabelas would have 9mm. Not a box, the shelves were empty.

They had tons of 22's, some 38 special, 357, and the only aultramax they had were 45-70. I wanted to get some aultramax lead bullets to shoot steel spin targets.

The clerk said all 9mm are gone as soon as they arrive.

I talked to friend on the way home, he told me he was at the range Saturday and even after the Concealed Carry Class that fiininished that morning there wasn't any brass laying around.

Debray

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back