Ammo prices..Best deal you have found..

Jim101

Where are the best prices on 9mm and 380? Both range rounds and personal protection? Has anyone found any deals on the net? Three of us want to put in an order for ~1000 rounds..

Thanks,

Jim

Cheapest I have seen is on "Cheaper than Dirt." They have a web site just do a google search but it is up to you to know if they can legally ship to you in your area.

cheapest I have seen is at wal-mart. just started buying the blazer brass there. 8.97 for 50 9mm. just heard that as of april 15th the price of ammo is going up another 8 percent though. really getting sick of these prices!

Gunny,

Cheaper Than Dirt is about 45 minutes from me and theri prices are not the best in the area. Two guys broke ento the store last week and stold $30,000 worth of "High End" pistols......By now they are "On the street"..Just another reason to carry around here....

Walmart does have the best prices around here, but, we are looking for a internet deal. If I fiind a good one, I'll post it..

Thanks,

Jim

You might talk to the wallmart manager of sporting and see if he will order a 1000 rounds for you. He might

Here is a deal I found on another board.
"1000 rounds of the Speer 124gr 9mm +p's for $270 delivered to your door. This same ammo is $20.49 +shipping for a box of 20 at Midway USA. At the $270.00 per case of 1000 price it is $5.40 delivered for a box of 20! That's a 74% savings without including the savings on shipping."

This is the place, they only take money orders.
Chesters Hunting and Fishing Supplies, Inc.
232 Ronkonkoma Avenue, New York 11779
call (631) 738-6991 for details 10AM-6PM E.S.T.

I'm going to check into it..

Jim

Someone passed this one over to me........from the "internet".

Link Removed

Once and awhile you MAY find a good deal from other sites selling ammo, etc., BUT they get you in the shipping.
WallyWorld mart over here has the WWB 100/9 $18.+ and a few weeks ago they were $15.+. I went in last week and they are out of the 9's. Said their warehouse has none, and to check back.
STOCK UP!!! Going to keep going up like the oil!

cheaper than dirt

Gunny,

Cheaper Than Dirt is about 45 minutes from me and theri prices are not the best in the area. Two guys broke ento the store last week and stold $30,000 worth of "High End" pistols......By now they are "On the street"..Just another reason to carry around here....

Walmart does have the best prices around here, but, we are looking for a internet deal. If I fiind a good one, I'll post it..

Thanks,

Jim

I go in that store quite often. I have noticed that on some things they have pretty good prices and others not so good.

Right now Wal Mart is selling winchester below current cost. Everybody got a price increase 1/3/08. They are selling their inventory based on what they bought it for. Their sell price is cheaper than current cost.

Generally, your best prices are going to be at a local or neighboring gun show; as when you buy over the internet you are adding 25-50 dollars per 1000 minimum to the price if you would have bought it local... AS FAR AS AMMO and POWDER AND PRIMERS GOES...
Due to BATFE regulations and the ORM-D Premium, over and above what just the shipping costs you...

It is almost always cost prohibitive to buy Ammo, Primer or Powder over the internet...

Retail, hands down its Walmart, any where USA; but if you can wait and find a gun show, you can save at least 10-20% over Walmart...

Here are two that hit the western United States and I can personally vouch for...

http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/
http://lasvegasgunshow.com/

If the internet is your only option then go no further then http://www.gunbroker.com/

Last edited:
Here is a deal I found on another board.
"1000 rounds of the Speer 124gr 9mm +p's for $270 delivered to your door. This same ammo is $20.49 +shipping for a box of 20 at Midway USA. At the $270.00 per case of 1000 price it is $5.40 delivered for a box of 20! That's a 74% savings without including the savings on shipping."

This is the place, they only take money orders.
Chesters Hunting and Fishing Supplies, Inc.
232 Ronkonkoma Avenue, New York 11779
call (631) 738-6991 for details 10AM-6PM E.S.T.

I'm going to check into it..

Jim

FYI:

Walmart $184.20 for 1000 Rounds Winchester 115 Grain FMJ out the door...

Yesterday 3/29/2008

Try it before buying in bulk!

I bought a case of Speer for my Sig P226. In five years and about 8000 rounds I'd never had one double stack jam using Walmart Winchester ammo. Always kept my pistol clean, always cleaned it the day it was fired, took real good care of it. I bought a case of Speer at my local gun range and stared shooting it, the first box of 50 ran fine, into the second box I started to get double stacks and a lot of them. Switched back to the Winchester and problem solved. My friends 9 mm XD ran the Speer just fine--my Sig 226 just didn't like them. The gun range exchanged the Speer for me and away I went.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back