Americans have a right to own guns!

Canis-Lupus

Post removed.

Last edited:

HK4U

It is obvious to all of us how this should go. But of course we are talking about the Supreme Court and we know what Thomas Jefferson had to say about them.

mom of 3 angels

"To consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions [is] a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy. Our judges are as honest as other men and not more so. They have with others the same passions for party, for power, and the privilege of their corps. Their maxim is boni judicis est ampliare jurisdictionem [good justice is broad jurisdiction], and their power the more dangerous as they are in office for life and not responsible, as the other functionaries are, to the elective control."--Thomas Jefferson

Cooter

Liberty or Death
I was watching the discussion on C-span. I was getting frustrated at these 'brilliant' people trying to 'decipher the great mystery of the SA.' If it's such a great concern as to what the framers of the amendment meant by it, then why don't they look at some of the speaches our founding fathers made at other times. I'm sure everyone on this forum knows what I'm talking about. There are hundreds of quotes from Jefferson, Madison, Washington, Adams, Franklin, etc. promoting the necessity of the people to own firearms.
I am really blown away that so many people don't get this obvious fact that is right in front of them. I can print out pages of quotes, and sit down man to man with any one of those justices, and they would see what I'm talking about. I really can't believe the arguments about the interpretation of the SA.

HK4U

judges

"To consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions [is] a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy. Our judges are as honest as other men and not more so. They have with others the same passions for party, for power, and the privilege of their corps. Their maxim is boni judicis est ampliare jurisdictionem [good justice is broad jurisdiction], and their power the more dangerous as they are in office for life and not responsible, as the other functionaries are, to the elective control."--Thomas Jefferson

Good quote. Thanks for posting this.

HK4U

I was watching the discussion on C-span. I was getting frustrated at these 'brilliant' people trying to 'decipher the great mystery of the SA.' If it's such a great concern as to what the framers of the amendment meant by it, then why don't they look at some of the speaches our founding fathers made at other times. I'm sure everyone on this forum knows what I'm talking about. There are hundreds of quotes from Jefferson, Madison, Washington, Adams, Franklin, etc. promoting the necessity of the people to own firearms.
I am really blown away that so many people don't get this obvious fact that is right in front of them. I can print out pages of quotes, and sit down man to man with any one of those justices, and they would see what I'm talking about. I really can't believe the arguments about the interpretation of the SA.

Obvious is right. You have to wonder how anyone with the ability to read and think could miss it.

HenryJackson

Many people don't think or read anymore

There are so many who don't read or think. Also the Constitution is not understood by many. In my opinion, I think this is largely due to the dumbing down of our population as a result of the "Politically Correct" public school system. Our great history is not being taught, and when it is taught, it is for the purpose of condemning our ancestors. People only know what they see and hear on the TV. As long as the populace is ignorant of what we should be as Country, they will believe whatever they are told by those in power and we will lose what little freedom we have left.

kwo51

The liberals have tried to discredit our fore fathers as women loving, land steeling murdering thugs. Or was that the Vickings.

The Gunny

There are so many who don't read or think. Also the Constitution is not understood by many. In my opinion, I think this is largely due to the dumbing down of our population as a result of the "Politically Correct" public school system. Our great history is not being taught, and when it is taught, it is for the purpose of condemning our ancestors. People only know what they see and hear on the TV. As long as the populace is ignorant of what we should be as Country, they will believe whatever they are told by those in power and we will lose what little freedom we have left.

Amen brother! 1+

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamike