American civics literacy quiz

A & d

Both A & D were written fine, but I like questions like that.

33)Says: If taxes equal government spending, then:
A. For example:I owe $238,000 on MY home and MY business. That is MY debt. MY paycheck is $3,000 take home for the month. MY house payment is x$, MY business payment is x$, MY utilities etc are x$... In fact, my BILLS come to EXACTLY $3,000 for the month. MY income (taxes) equaled my bills (spending) EXACTLY.

I STILL have $238,000 worth of DEBT (minus this months payment on the house and business)

IF taxes equal government spending this WEEK, MONTH or YEAR, that is GREAT!! BUT, our government debt is STILL TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS, NOT zero

D. tax per person equals government spending per person

Same with "D." We are an INDIVIDUAL who pays taxes. Person #1 pays $1,000 in taxes, #2 pays $3,500, #3 pays $543 and on and on until everyone has paid their taxes who pays taxes.

Now, let's make a picture you can see in your mind:

It is ALL laid on the table in front of the people (taxpayers) who paid the taxes. And they (the government) spend and spend until it is all gone. At table #1 they pick up $1,000 and spend it, at table #2 they pick up $3,500 and spend it, at table #3 they pick up $543 and spend it. They spend $543 EXACTLY because that is EXACTLY how much #3 paid in taxes and because answer "D." says the amount you spend EQUALS the amount of tax you collect from THAT person.

At that time, their spending (per person #3 in this example) equaled taxes collected per person(collected from #3 in this example).

"D." does NOT mean they collect x$ from #z and give it to someone else (one individual). They spend EXACTLY (it is equal) the amount they collected from each person.

There are all kinds of DEBT, but for this example I used DEBT that most of us are familiar with, our house mortgage and the governments TRILLIONS of $ worth of DEBT.

Now, if I could just make $241,000 one month, then, THEN!! I could pay that stuff off and be DEBT FREE. Yeeehaw. I would like that.

The problem is... making that EXTRA $238,000 in ONE month to go with my paycheck.

The problem is taxing each and every ONE of us taxpayers (using 3 trillion DEBT and 150 million taxpayers) an EXTRA $20,000 in taxes this year. A hundred million of those taxpayers probably only make $20,000 take home for the whole year. So that isn't going to happen soon!

Does that help some of you understand the two options? Some of you seem to have forgotten the TRILLIONS in DEBT the USA has.

Both A & D were written fine, but I like questions like that.

33)Says: If taxes equal government spending, then:
A. For example:I owe $238,000 on MY home and MY business. That is MY debt. MY paycheck is $3,000 take home for the month. MY house payment is x$, MY business payment is x$, MY utilities etc are x$... In fact, my BILLS come to EXACTLY $3,000 for the month. MY income (taxes) equaled my bills (spending) EXACTLY.

I STILL have $238,000 worth of DEBT (minus this months payment on the house and business)

IF taxes equal government spending this WEEK, MONTH or YEAR, that is GREAT!! BUT, our government debt is STILL TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS, NOT zero

D. tax per person equals government spending per person

Same with "D." We are an INDIVIDUAL who pays taxes. Person #1 pays $1,000 in taxes, #2 pays $3,500, #3 pays $543 and on and on until everyone has paid their taxes who pays taxes.

Now, let's make a picture you can see in your mind:

It is ALL laid on the table in front of the people (taxpayers) who paid the taxes. And they (the government) spend and spend until it is all gone. At table #1 they pick up $1,000 and spend it, at table #2 they pick up $3,500 and spend it, at table #3 they pick up $543 and spend it. They spend $543 EXACTLY because that is EXACTLY how much #3 paid in taxes and because answer "D." says the amount you spend EQUALS the amount of tax you collect from THAT person.

At that time, their spending (per person #3 in this example) equaled taxes collected per person(collected from #3 in this example).

"D." does NOT mean they collect x$ from #z and give it to someone else (one individual). They spend EXACTLY (it is equal) the amount they collected from each person.

There are all kinds of DEBT, but for this example I used DEBT that most of us are familiar with, our house mortgage and the governments TRILLIONS of $ worth of DEBT.

Now, if I could just make $241,000 one month, then, THEN!! I could pay that stuff off and be DEBT FREE. Yeeehaw. I would like that.

The problem is... making that EXTRA $238,000 in ONE month to go with my paycheck.

The problem is taxing each and every ONE of us taxpayers (using 3 trillion DEBT and 150 million taxpayers) an EXTRA $20,000 in taxes this year. A hundred million of those taxpayers probably only make $20,000 take home for the whole year. So that isn't going to happen soon!

Does that help some of you understand the two options? Some of you seem to have forgotten the TRILLIONS in DEBT the USA has.

It's still subject to interpretation, and that's why it's poorly worded.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back