America Makes the BEST 1911's

spf159753

Delete this post please !!!!!

Delete post please !!!!
Sorry !!!!

Last edited:
Please double check your info. Charles Daly is a brand name for an IMPORTER of foriegn-made firearms, KBI, Inc. Their shotguns typically are Turkish, their 1911's are from the Phillipines, the double-stack, poly-framed M-5 is Israeli.

I find my Charles Daly 1911 EFS to be as good as any 1911 I've fired, but it is NOT made in the US.

Please double check your info. Charles Daly is a brand name for an IMPORTER of foriegn-made firearms, KBI, Inc. Their shotguns typically are Turkish, their 1911's are from the Phillipines, the double-stack, poly-framed M-5 is Israeli.

I find my Charles Daly 1911 EFS to be as good as any 1911 I've fired, but it is NOT made in the US.

okay,correction of one company noted.
But I think You get what I mean.
Oh,and I don't own a Charles Daly,sorry.
I have only owned Colt,Kimber,and Wilson Combat 1911's,which are all American made.
Not to say those other guys are bad,just not a American 1911.
I am just giving my opinion as to who makes the best 1911's(USA)!!!!!

Last edited:
America makes the best 1911's and there a quiet a few company's (Kimber,Springfield Armory,)

John M. Browning was born in Ogden,Utah on Nov,26th 1926,in the USA,and he is the one who invented
1911's.

Steve......

John Moses Browning was born in 1855 he dided in 1926 the 1911 was developed and accepted by the US army in 1911 after the failure of the 1907 browning

The origanal specs called for a handgun that would drop a horse at 10 paces (according to legend) in order to more effectively deal with some very bad dudes in the phillipines and replace the .38 caliber revolver

While I do apply the "buy American" strategy in a lot of situations, my 1911 isn't one of them. I have the Taurus PT1911. I have had no "reliability issues" and the pistol is loaded with extra features that cost a lot from other manufacturers.

I would never bust anyone's chops for advocating "made in America" purchases, but I don't use it as the major determining factor in a purchase. If there was an American made 1911 with the features of the Taurus at a reasonable price point, I'd have bought it.

I do agree for the most part. I have a serious affection for John Brownings 45 Pistol. I own numerous Colts, Kimbers and Springfield Armory's. One note on Springfield Armory 1911's. THEY ARE MADE IN BRAZIL.
However many of their custom shop guns are built of the Brazilizan Slides, Frames, and parts and are hand fitted and customized in the USA. I have never found any quality problems with the Brazilian guns of Springfield. They do them right. Problem is, today there is very little that is strictly USA made. Many parts and even certain work is done over seas. There are American knife companies and gun companies that make the initial cuts, forges or castings of the frames, slides, etc, then ship them overseas to be final cut, polish and sometimes basic fit. They are then shipped back to the US for final fit and finish. Some are given the basics here and assembled and fit over seas to cut expenses.

Even though I've always been a Colt 1911 fan, I remember back in the 70's when it was an accepted thing, that when you bought a new Colt 1911, it "might" function out of the box, and it would bite and pinch when you did shoot it. You would take your new gun to a gunsmith for hundreds of dollars of work like: ramp and throat for function and feeding, beavertail grip safety, decent sights, better trigger pull, adjusting or replacing the extractor / ejector. Some people never even shot the gun when they bought it. They just bought it and dropped it off at the gunsmith shop. So, I always looked at American 1911's back then like the "Harley Davidson" of pistols. They would shoot forever, but required regular maintenance and some customizing work to get them like you wanted them.
Nowadays, with Kimber, Springfield Armory, Colt and others offering custom features, and ready to rock right out of the box, it's like the days of taking them to the local gunshop to make them work are gone. My Kimbers out of the box, are as good as my old Colts with an extra 1500 bucks in extra work and doo-dads.
Did I mention, Smith and Wesson makes a fine 1911?

Some of us don't have the option of plunking gold bars down on the gun counter to get something that will throw lead. Some of us actually are a family of five with one income that have to save for months to get a Rock Island ( and it is quite a nice one at that). An intruder in my house isn't going to ask me what I shot him with as he gasps his last breath. I'm made in America, and that's good enough for me!:yu:

Some of us don't have the option of plunking gold bars down on the gun counter to get something that will throw lead. Some of us actually are a family of five with one income that have to save for months to get a Rock Island ( and it is quite a nice one at that). An intruder in my house isn't going to ask me what I shot him with as he gasps his last breath. I'm made in America, and that's good enough for me!:yu:

You are absolutely right. I also Own a Rock Island Phillipino 1911. I works!!! And if it works, shoot it! :agree: Nothing on the books that says you have to own an expensive 1911. Just a working 1911!!!

This is my husband and the 1911 in question is for me and I can not wait to get it. I was leaning towards a Springfield XD but once i held the 1911 i feel in love. Plus my hubby is going to make new grips for it.

This is my husband and the 1911 in question is for me and I can not wait to get it. I was leaning towards a Springfield XD but once i held the 1911 i feel in love. Plus my hubby is going to make new grips for it.

Yup, that happened to me too. I sold my Glock the next day.
You will LOVE your 1911!

Score another for the 'Rock

You are absolutely right. I also Own a Rock Island Phillipino 1911. I works!!! And if it works, shoot it! :agree: Nothing on the books that says you have to own an expensive 1911. Just a working 1911!!!

I now have two Rock Islands, one compact and one full size. Either one will shoot just as well and for just as long as the fine American made guns already mentioned. Big difference is that both my guns cost me less then just one of those other guys. :laugh:

Indeed the Phillipines has a long history of manufacturing 1911s. Not necessarily as pretty as a SW, Colt, etc. but functional. I stumbled on the Rock Islands a few years ago but just recently picked up one of their 'Tactical' versions at literally a 1/3 of the price of my Kimber and Colt. I must admit after the first range visit, I felt silly spending all that money on the others..... if only for a minute:pleasantry:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back