Alternative Self Defense

Sue the City Of New York. You'll probably loose but it'll still send a minor message. Or like someone said, leave the city and never come back. Who's to say next time you'll be a white outlining on the sidewalk. I love the food n view of nyc but I love my safety and life more so I never go there unless I'm with 6+ ppl.

Yeah, couldn't there be a civil rights violation case here. Now that the Heller and Mcdonald dscisions have established that the second amendment is an individual right, couldn't a sharp lawyer argue that a locality by depriving you of the ability to carry in that location has violated your civil rights?

No one would argue that if they sent the police to stop you from peacefully protesting government corruption in a public square that the city would have violated your 1st amendment rights. In both cases they would be intervening to unlawfully restrict your individual rights. The only difference I see between this case and your situation is 2nd vs 1st amendment. I agree though that it would be a tough road.

Liberals would be appalled that the civil rights movement "has been co-opted to defend gun owners" but that would just be a bonus :sarcastic:.

I'm in NY now and also have a FL CWP! I say screw the liberal NY laws..I carry mace and a neck knife all the time! I'm not going to be a victim if I can help it!

The German family that lost a son to thugs in a crowded subway never got anything changed. The system made a mockery of the gent who killed four robbers on the subway a few yrs back. He is still alive and the crooks are dead. That is my way of thinking things should be--even if you have to serve time.

Although I'm in no position to second guess anyone, what makes you stay in a crap-hole like NY?

I work on a college campus where every manner of weapon is frowned upon, including pepper spray and knives, I carry a tactical pen. The one I have is the S&W M&P model, but there are many manufacturers and models to choose from. They're allowed most everywhere, and are better than fighting empty handed.

Although I'm in no position to second guess anyone, what makes you stay in a crap-hole like NY?

I have always disliked NYC...but I received an amazing job offer with the only down side of needing to be within the vicinity of NYC. So my choices were NJ, NY, or CT...CT was the least troublesome... But I still can not carry into the city of course.

Fortunately, as soon as a position within my new company opened in Boston, I jumped all over it and the trasfer has been granted. I will be there by the end of the year. I hear it can be tough to get a permit there, but I have an Uncle on the force and he has assured me I will have no issues.

A TAC pen is nice but even a regular ink pen will work.
If you're worried about the a plastic pen holding up in an attack, purchase from your local office store a package of 2 Zebra F-301. This pen is mostly Stainless Steel and its only around $5 for 2

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back