All I want for Christmas.........

doublebarr

Well, due to recent events, our Christmas list changed drastically (for the better IMO). Talking to hubby this morning, we have decided that everyone is going to get a new gun for Christmas, and we have 4 kids. I've been eyeing a XDM or a 1911 (leaning toward the Springfield 1911), Hubby is getting a Savage Axis for 'yote thinning that is .223/Nato 5.56 compatable with a 20" barrel. Oldest son, who is serving in Kuwait right now, is getting a Springfield 1911 (special engraved for his deployment). Oldest daughter, just turned 18 this year and voted for the first time (lousy first time) is going to get her first handgun, probably a Springfield XD type, to have time to practice and get reliable with it before going for her CC in two years. Middle daughter is getting the shotgun she has been wanting for trap competition for a couple of years (she's been using fathers Benelli). And youngest son we're still trying to figure out if he gets his AK or something else. And everyone is getting bricks in their stockings (ammo bricks, LOL).

I foresee Christmas day as being a great day on the range after lunch this year :biggrin: (Except for oldest son, who will have to enjoy the pictures of us holding his gun till he gets back in the spring. But, he gets to play with things with a REALLY big bang that REALLY smoke through the air all the time so fair is fair.)

So what is on your "wish list"?

Well, due to recent events, our Christmas list changed drastically (for the better IMO). Talking to hubby this morning, we have decided that everyone is going to get a new gun for Christmas, and we have 4 kids. I've been eyeing a XDM or a 1911 (leaning toward the Springfield 1911), Hubby is getting a Savage Axis for 'yote thinning that is .223/Nato 5.56 compatable with a 20" barrel. Oldest son, who is serving in Kuwait right now, is getting a Springfield 1911 (special engraved for his deployment). Oldest daughter, just turned 18 this year and voted for the first time (lousy first time) is going to get her first handgun, probably a Springfield XD type, to have time to practice and get reliable with it before going for her CC in two years. Middle daughter is getting the shotgun she has been wanting for trap competition for a couple of years (she's been using fathers Benelli). And youngest son we're still trying to figure out if he gets his AK or something else. And everyone is getting bricks in their stockings (ammo bricks, LOL).

I foresee Christmas day as being a great day on the range after lunch this year :biggrin: (Except for oldest son, who will have to enjoy the pictures of us holding his gun till he gets back in the spring. But, he gets to play with things with a REALLY big bang that REALLY smoke through the air all the time so fair is fair.)

Sounds like a great way to spend the day. I'd love to do the same with my kids but I can't because the board of directors for my club think we have to keep it closed on Christmas day.

For you to adopt me.

Lucky family though, you'll have to post pictures of everyone with their presents and the aftermath. :smile: I will say either way you decide on the XDM or the 1911 you'll be happy, but I love my XDM (although mine is a 4.5" 40S&W) and wouldn't trade it for anything, except maybe another XDM 40.

I'll sign up for adoption as well, That is a great Christmas plan. Hopefully, it will give you lots of great recreation and nothing more, if you get my drift. And my wish list is a prayer I don't have to use the "toys" I have through the next year.

All I want for Christmas is a full time job.

Then maybe I could afford to fill stockings in the way doublebarr will.

I am getting more reloading gear. Moving up to rifle this year so this is a big step. Considering one of the polymer framed pistols for the boss to CC. She likes the smaller lighter for carry but prefers .45ACP. Springfield XDm seems the best fit. So not to be left out, I think I'll try for one of those p-pistols for my birthday.

Sounds like a great way to spend the day. I'd love to do the same with my kids but I can't because the board of directors for my club think we have to keep it closed on Christmas day.

Our "Range master" keeps ours open 365/24/7, it's our back yard, LOL. Our house sits in the middle of one of our properties, no neighbors for at least a mile in any direction, so we do most of our shooting at home. We do belong to a "local" gun club, and do shoot there sometimes and all our 4-H Shooting Sports events are held there, but nothing like being able to unload at will at home :)

For you to adopt me.

Lucky family though, you'll have to post pictures of everyone with their presents and the aftermath. :smile: I will say either way you decide on the XDM or the 1911 you'll be happy, but I love my XDM (although mine is a 4.5" 40S&W) and wouldn't trade it for anything, except maybe another XDM 40.

Sorry, I drew the line at 4 kids, hubby would have liked more but the factory shut down at 4, LOL. If I do go with the XDM it would be a 9mm. I have shot hubbys .45 a couple of times and it is fun, but just a bit too much kick for me to line it back up for the next shot quick enough. Interestingly enough, the 1911 I tried out didn't do the same thing. I REALLY want a Kimber 1911, so it will probably stay on the wish list for a couple of years out unless I find a real deal.

I'll sign up for adoption as well, That is a great Christmas plan. Hopefully, it will give you lots of great recreation and nothing more, if you get my drift. And my wish list is a prayer I don't have to use the "toys" I have through the next year.

Hear you loud and clear, none of us want to have to put training to use (well, except for the deployed son, he likes the big booms, LOL). It is a lot of fun and GREAT bonding time with the kids with a nice purpose to it. It's always a treat when they outshoot us!

All I want for Christmas is a full time job.

Then maybe I could afford to fill stockings in the way doublebarr will.

Prayers for you that something comes through. It's a rough place to be and my heart goes out to you.

Halloween night family my family asked me. I gave a list of all my calibers. I said couple thousand rounds of each should sufficient. Lol. You can slipt up among each of you.lol

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back