Alien Gear "Velcro" holster?

Pnw_steve

Hey Everyone,

I have been trying to get an answer from AG regarding their Velcro holster for almost a week. No reply yet so I am hoping that someone here may be able to answer it.

I injured my back and am stuck wearing a back brace that makes my current holsters unusable. It is looking like I may have another three months before I can quit wearing it.

I was looking at AG's website and found their Velcro holsters. As the front of the brace leaves a big open patch of the "loop" side of the velcro I was considering buying the AG holster and wearing it at :11:00 just above my waist in a cross draw fashion.

The big question is: it the Velcro on the back of the holster "hook" or "loop"?

As the velcro on the brace is "loop" so I need "hook" on the back of the holster.

Thanks.

S.

Go to the Alien Gear site and then to the Hook and Loop page. Scroll through the pictures. The one that shows the back side has better detail of the strap.

Well I did finally get through to Alien Gear Support. 93 minutes on hold....

They told me that the velcro was correct for my application. I ordered it. They are about a three hour drive from me. It took almost three weeks to get here.

It fits the gun wonderfully. I had to tinker with the spacers to get the proper retention. It attaches nicely to my latest wardrobe addition as a cross draw. The problem that I am having is I have not been able to work out a "graceful" draw. My hand is hitting the grip at such an angle that I cannot seem to get a proper grip straight away and am having to adjust my grip when I connect with my left hand. Am I making any sense?

I have attempted to take a picture of the rig and found that trying to take my own picture was a bit challenging. Take a look and see if you can offer any suggestions?

Thanks.

The picture is not showing up????

It was visible immediately after posting now I don't see if.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I see the "attached image" icon at the bottom of the Post but can't see the picture. Is it just me? Can you all see it?

Thanks

I see the "attached image" icon but still don't see the image.

Can you all see it? If so, do you have any thoughts on my carry solution?

I am having a bit of trouble. I am not getting a proper grip when I draw and have to bring my weak hand over and fiddle with the grip to get it right. If I draw and don't correct my grip I wind up with the pistol angled to the left.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

I screenshot the pic and posted it. Can you see it now?

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

No. I am logged in and still only see the little paper clip icon labeled "attached images".

But if you all can see them, it doesn't matter if I can't :)

Do you have any thoughts on my carry solution?

I am finding it to be less than ideal as the way my hand approaches the grips does not lend itself to a proper grip. I am having to correct my grip after drawing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Everyone.

I still can't see it but that doesn't matter. If you all can see it that is all we need:)

This solution carries comfortably. At least as comfortable as I can be wearing that brace.

The issue that I am having is that I am having trouble getting a proper grip when I draw and I have to bring my weak hand over and fiddle with the grip.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I screenshot the pic and posted it. Can you see it now?

I am having all sort of issues posting here. I posted a reply yesterday and it's gone.

I still cannot see the picture. It doesn't matter as long as you can. I already know what it looks like :)

Any thoughts on my carry solution?

Thanks.

All I can think of is repositioning the holster. Although I’m sure you have already done this.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back