Alabama gung-ho for guns

Link Removed
Survey: Alabama gung-ho for guns
Sunday, July 20, 2008
By BRIAN LYMAN
Capital Bureau

Next time you walk into your favorite Alabama restaurant, look around. Chances are that two-thirds of the customers will own a gun and nearly half will have a permit to carry a concealed weapon into the establishment.

That's according to the results of a new Press-Register/University of South Alabama poll. Sixty-six percent of respondents said they own a gun and 46 percent have a permit to carry a concealed weapon. The telephone survey of 424 Alabama residents was conducted Monday through Thursday, with a 5-percentage-point margin of error.

More than 80 percent of those surveyed said they agree with the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling last month in District of Columbia v. Heller, in which a majority of the justices ruled that the Second Amendment to the Constitution protects an individual's right to bear arms.

[snip]

A slight majority ? 52 percent ? said it is "very important" or "somewhat important" to have a firearm or ammunition when facing a natural disaster, such as a hurricane, while 46 percent said it is "not important" or "not very important."

The Alabama Emergency Management Agency bans firearms in its emergency shelters. The Federal Emergency Management Agency did ban firearms in trailer parks for victims of 2005's Hurricane Katrina, but later lifted it after protests from gun advocacy groups. [/snip] .... [Link Removed]

Wow. Here in the wonderful state of Indiana, we have over 6 million residents and over 300,000 licenses to carry, as well as many, many more unlicensed gun owners (remember, no license is required just for mere ownership). How lucky I am!

I moved to Alabama back in 2004 from Las Vegas. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to get a carry permit here. Neveda is a "Shall Issue" state yet it is a bigger hassle to get a CCW permit than Alabama. And here I didn't have to register my pistols.

Wow. Here in the wonderful state of Indiana, we have over 6 million residents and over 300,000 licenses to carry, as well as many, many more unlicensed gun owners (remember, no license is required just for mere ownership). How lucky I am!

We Hoosiers got it Made.:biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back