Ak scope mount

missoak

Anyone have an AK with a dust cover scope mount? Debating whether to use this or get a side mount. I think you'd nave to re-sight the scope either way after cleaning.

Anyone have an AK with a dust cover scope mount? Debating whether to use this or get a side mount. I think you'd nave to re-sight the scope either way after cleaning.

Stay away from the dust cover mounts. They move around too much. You don't see the Russkies using dust cover mounts. Go with the side mount. If you're installing the fixed hardware yourself, make sure you level the mount to the barrel and not to the dust cover or receiver (which tapers). It's a good rainy day project.

Thanks, i really was leaning toward that goal. UTG has one that has a quick release for the mount. Seems like the way to go.

If price isn't a major point I would go with a primary arms optics pakage or a midwest industries mount. I got a micro dot pakage for mine, that is a bit pricey but is great and well worth the price. It replaces the original wood fore grip and gas tube cover so you don't have to take it off to clean. I have heard that the side mounts can lose zero after cleaning. plus the midwest industries mount is a picatany rail so you can put on a verticle fore grip, laser, light or whatever other cool gadgets you want.

Link Removed

Link Removed

If price isn't a major point I would go with a primary arms optics pakage or a midwest industries mount. I got a micro dot pakage for mine, that is a bit pricey but is great and well worth the price. It replaces the original wood fore grip and gas tube cover so you don't have to take it off to clean. I have heard that the side mounts can lose zero after cleaning. plus the midwest industries mount is a picatany rail so you can put on a verticle fore grip, laser, light or whatever other cool gadgets you want.

Link Removed

Link Removed

I've got a Midwest system on one of my Dracos. It's outstanding but it's really only useable with optics that have unlimited eye relief like a red dot. That's what I have on that particular Draco. If you want to use a traditional scope then you realistically need the side mount. Of course you can always do both :biggrin: I replaced all the wood furniture on my Norinco NHM-91 with modern, black Arsenal-style furniture and put a side mount system on it.

I got my new furniture mounted, & I think I'll just go with a red dot or reflex mounted on the upper handguard. Will see how that goes.

Here's my Norinco with the side mount and my Draco with the Midwest foregrip (and UTG rubber inserts) that Stingray713 mentioned above.

Rails003.jpg

Rails002.jpg

Link RemovedPut the red dot on it last night. Haven't been to the range yet, but I think this may work. Can still see the iron sights through the rail

Link RemovedPut the red dot on it last night. Haven't been to the range yet, but I think this may work. Can still see the iron sights through the rail

If you're just looking to do a red dot then the foregrip is the way to go. I put the side mount on that particular AK because it has a 21" barrel and is a good long range rifle. I have a couple of scopes that I can mount on it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back