AK Romy Kits

Palmach

I just got 2 AK 1970's Romy Kits. I am really excited about building these.

Just finished breaking down the furniture for refinishing. Receivers are on order, and all the other compliance parts are ready.

This will be my first foray into anything like this.

Congats on the new projects. Post pics when you're finished.

Will do.

I have a friend that is a Class lll manufacturer and he is going to parkerize the receivers. I have been looking at the Brownells Moly/Teflon in Dark Gray for the other parts. Do you have any experience with this, or any suggestions?

Will do.

I have a friend that is a Class lll manufacturer and he is going to parkerize the receivers. I have been looking at the Brownells Moly/Teflon in Dark Gray for the other parts. Do you have any experience with this, or any suggestions?
Its a pretty good finish. I would just have him parkerize the whole gun. It's the original finish anyway.

Its a pretty good finish. I would just have him parkerize the whole gun. It's the original finish anyway.

He does not do the Park in house, as his business is AR's and he uses Moly.

He doe not think we should be wasting a lot on these, as he sees them as truck guns.

Anyway, a couple of us want to make them look a little nicer, so thought we would go with the the Moly or Alumahyde from Brownells

He does not do the Park in house, as his business is AR's and he uses Moly.

He doe not think we should be wasting a lot on these, as he sees them as truck guns.

Anyway, a couple of us want to make them look a little nicer, so thought we would go with the the Moly or Alumahyde from Brownells

Check into it yourself but you shouldn't be charged any more for having the internals parked. Most people just have one charge for a rifle.

We are doing the Park on receiver and all internals because he thinks it does a better job of getting into all the nooks and crannies. He produces AR types and uses moly for them.

He just doesn't think we should be spending all that money on what he considers a truck gun.

We thought the moly teflon or alumahyde would be a good affordable finish that we could apply ourselves in order to keep the cost of the build down. As you might know, the cost of kits is no longer that cheap.

We are doing the Park on receiver and all internals because he thinks it does a better job of getting into all the nooks and crannies. He produces AR types and uses moly for them.

He just doesn't think we should be spending all that money on what he considers a truck gun.

We thought the moly teflon or alumahyde would be a good affordable finish that we could apply ourselves in order to keep the cost of the build down. As you might know, the cost of kits is no longer that cheap.
Yes, but keep in mind that for a proper cure you need to bake the finish on. You may be able to hang the barreled reciever from an oven rack but do it when your wife (if you're married) isn't home. It will smell a little.

Yes, but keep in mind that for a proper cure you need to bake the finish on. You may be able to hang the barreled reciever from an oven rack but do it when your wife (if you're married) isn't home. It will smell a little.

I knew about the baking and I am married to a woman with a sensitive nose, believe me I have thought of that.

I think he may have an oven at ths shop that we can use. We got a kit for him as well, so we are planning an AK & Pizza party when the receivers come in. I am lucky that I have access to his shop and his skills to walk us through this

Thanks for your input.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back