Again I ask for help in TN

DrDavidM

I never thought anything like this would be brought up in TN. Please, if you are in TN our have relatives in TN contact your legislature and help them realize what a bad idea this is.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TENNESSEE: Link Removed On Thursday, January 17, legislation was filed in both the Tennessee House and Senate that would requires all handgun ammunition manufactured or sold in Tennessee to be coded with a serial number, and entered into a statewide database at the time of sale. Encoded ammunition would be registered to the purchaser and would include the date of transaction, the purchaser's name, date of birth, driver's license number, and the serial number of the ammunition. SB3395, sponsored by State Senator Reginald Tate (District 33) and HB3245, sponsored by State Representative Larry Miller (District 88) pose a serious threat to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms and need to be stopped immediately. Please contact your State Legislators and respectfully urge them to protect the Second Amendment rights of Tennessee's law-abiding gun owners by opposing SB3395 and HB3245. Please visit Link Removed for contact information for your State Senator, and Link Removedfor contact information for your State Representative.[/FONT]

LOL I love these proposals! What about hand loads?? I could have a box of a 100 different serial numbers! Not to mention sometime the ammo is deflected down range. Am I supposed to just leave the ammo, registered to me, laying down range? What about grabbing a handful of brass from the range, Go commit a crime, and leave the handful of someone else’s brass.

But you know criminals always buy there gun legally so I'm sure they will also register there ammo!

Good luck and I hope this does not pass!

This is ridiculous. I thought we in TN were better than CA when it came to 2A issues. But what else would you expect from a liberal black representative from Memphis. Ahhh, good ol' Reginald Tate. At least the Republican majority will strongly oppose this. Thankfully, Ophelia "Whachusayin ain't hittin on NERTIN wurf Senator" Ford is MIA, so that's one less no-sense liberal to vote for this. I'm getting on the email wagon right now to express my opposition.

Here's my letter to Sen. Doug Jackson. He's sort of my adopted guy in the Senate since I have no representation at this time.

Senator Jackson:

Again I’m contacting you in regards to a piece of legislation and its effects on Tennessee’s 2nd Amendment Rights. I appreciate your staunch support with regard to all pro-gun legislation, and I’m again counting on you as my de facto representative, since Sen. Ford is neglecting her duties to me and my fellow Dist. 29 citizens.

As I understand SB3395, Sen. Reginald Tate is proposing that all ammunition be serialized and recorded, similar to proposals in California and Hawaii legislatures.

I’m hoping that cooler and more sensible heads will prevail with regard to this legislation. Such technology does not exist (to my knowledge) that will stamp handgun ammunition. Even if it is feasible, I can’t imagine a possibility where this has prevented or even solved a crime. There are loopholes and dangers too numerous to mention that highlight the folly of such a pie-in-the-sky idea.

1) This technology is easily circumvented with just a simple reloading kit
2) Legally-procured and shot, stamped ammunition cases can be taken from a range and reloaded for use in non-legal applications. The unassuming buyer and first user of said ammunition could be implicated in crimes where his spent brass has been taken
3) The cost-benefit of this technology is miniscule. The benefit of reduced crime, or increased solved crime statistics, will not outweigh the astronomical cost increase of stamped ammunition
4) As with other gun control policies, only the law abiding citizens will buy legally stamped ammunition

I appreciate all your help thus far in protecting law-abiding gun owners of Tennessee. I look forward to hearing back from you, as well as the progress (or hopeful lack, thereof) on this bill.

Respectfully,

ME

HERE'S HIS REPLY:

I will oppose the bill and I doubt that it will receive much support from the committee members. Thanks for the input, xxxx. Let's stay in touch.

Doug

Thanks for the help. I got a reply from my representative that he would also oppose it. I have gotten no reply from my senator yet.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back