After Trayvon Martin Slaying, Holder Blasts 'Stand Your Ground'

OK - now take this a step farther. Holder stated that the defender in a self defense situation (even under SYG) has a duty to retreat.

Holder stated that Zimmerman had a duty to retreat.

Therefore, without even realizing it or intending to, HOLDER DECLARED MARTIN THE AGGRESSOR, establishing Zimmerman's claim to self defense.

It doesn't matter if the issue if SYG or traditional self defense. If it is the defender who has the duty to retreat, and Zimmerman had a duty to retreat, then Martin was the aggressor. End of story.

Holder just declared Martin the aggressor.

Thank you for clearing that up, Mr. AG.

I have a challenge for Holder.. Let a volunteer (pick me! Pick me!) get on top of him and start raining down blows and see how successful his attempts at retreat are. In my experience most inexperienced (and even experienced people sometimes) people end up turning their back, which makes them totally defenseless.

It's difficult to truly understand how bad a position it is unless you've been there. Retreat is simply not an option for the average person.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I wonder what Eric Holder would have done if his head was being bounced off the concrete? Oh, wait! I forgot! He has armed security! One of the ivory tower elitists! Throw the bums out of Washington, now! Eric Holder's opinions have the credibility of exactly zero.

I am a firm believer in two term limits for our present politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

That is something that irritates me, too, the Bloombergs, Holders etc talking about how WE should not have guns or be allowed to use them for defence while THEY are being surrounded by armed security. 24/7. And most of them paid for BY US.

That is something that irritates me, too, the Bloombergs, Holders etc talking about how WE should not have guns or be allowed to use them for defence while THEY are being surrounded by armed security. 24/7. And most of them paid for BY US.

I think that before they spew all their anti-gun comments, they should be made to give up all their protection. I mean, come on, set the example.

I think that before they spew all their anti-gun comments, they should be made to give up all their protection. I mean, come on, set the example.

They did set an example. It's a very bad example, one that pushes their liberal agenda!

Here is what Allen West has posted on his face book site about the use of the SYG law. Intresting facts if you ask me. Jus sayin...

In a sure case of foot in mouth disease, seems US Attorney General Eric Holder, speaking in Florida, may want to study up on Stand Your Ground use in the Sunshine State, my home. Based on data maintained by Tampa Bay Times, approximately one-third of Florida Stand Your Ground claims in fatal cases have been made by black defendants, as a defense with a 55% success rate. Blacks used Stand Your Ground defenses at nearly twice the rate of their percentage of Florida's population (16.6% in 2012). As well, it seems the majority of victims in Florida Stand Your Ground cases have been white. Either Attorney General Holder is incompetent or ignorant, regardless, we all await his clarification, or correction, of his comments before the NAACP in Orlando.

OK - now take this a step farther. Holder stated that the defender in a self defense situation (even under SYG) has a duty to retreat.

Holder stated that Zimmerman had a duty to retreat.

Therefore, without even realizing it or intending to, HOLDER DECLARED MARTIN THE AGGRESSOR, establishing Zimmerman's claim to self defense.

It doesn't matter if the issue if SYG or traditional self defense. If it is the defender who has the duty to retreat, and Zimmerman had a duty to retreat, then Martin was the aggressor. End of story.

Holder just declared Martin the aggressor.

Thank you for clearing that up, Mr. AG.

OK. With what I am about to post, I probably need to get fitted for my tinfoil hat, but Holder's statement to the NAACP has continued to bug me, like I was missing something. I hope I am wrong with what I am about to post.

Holder's statement indicates that at no time did Martin have a "duty to retreat." Under the stated Holder duty to retreat doctrine, at the beginning of the confrontation when Martin supposedly felt threatened, he would have had a duty to retreat, yet Holder never says those words. Holder's silence about that aspect of the confrontation indicates that Holder was OK with the idea of Martin using force to defend himself at that point. Holder then indicates that Zimmerman, at the point where HE felt threatened, had a "duty to retreat" before resorting to force.

What really bothers me about what Holder said - and DIDN'T say - is that he seems to be advocating for a reverse Jim Crow law. Back in the day, if a white person felt threatened by a black person, there was no duty to retreat for the white person - they were justified in using force, but if the black person felt threatened, it was their obligation to retreat. That seems to be what Holder was communicating during his speech.

Allen West posted today that,

"... US Attorney General Eric Holder, speaking in Florida, may want to study up on Stand Your Ground use in the Sunshine State, my home. Based on data maintained by Tampa Bay Times, approximately one-third of Florida Stand Your Ground claims in fatal cases have been made by black defendants, as a defense with a 55% success rate. Blacks used Stand Your Ground defenses at nearly twice the rate of their percentage of Florida's population (16.6% in 2012). As well, it seems the majority of victims in Florida Stand Your Ground cases have been white..."

So the issue isn't with SYG or even current self defense laws. It has to be something else (and yes, I know it isn't about gun control, it's about control).

As I said, I truly hope I am wrong

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back