After Trayvon Martin Slaying, Holder Blasts 'Stand Your Ground'

gejoslin

Illegitimi non carborundu
  • After Trayvon Martin Slaying, Holder Blasts 'Stand Your Ground'

Attorney General Says Such Laws Cause More Violence Than They Prevent

By
  • DEVLIN BARRETT
Attorney General Eric Holder attacked "stand-your-ground laws" three days after the acquittal of a man in last year's shooting of an unarmed Florida teen, saying in a speech that such laws encourage more violence than they prevent.
Speaking to the NAACP's annual convention in Orlando, Fla., not far from where George Zimmerman was tried for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, Mr. Holder denounced laws that permit a person to use force in self-defense without first attempting to retreat from the situation.
"Separate and apart from the case that has drawn the nation's attention, it's time to question laws that senselessly expand the concept of self-defense and sow dangerous conflict in our neighborhoods," Mr. Holder said. It was the first time the attorney general criticized such laws publicly, and by raising the issue in a speech largely about Mr. Martin's death, he suggested a connection between the shooting and the enactment of such laws.
Mr. Holder drew sustained applause when he declared, "We must stand our ground to ensure that our laws reduce violence and take a hard look at laws that contribute to more violence than they prevent."
Mr. Holder's comments rankled gun-rights groups and other supporters of such laws, who say they empower people to confront criminals in life-threatening situations, rather than flee. Erich Pratt, spokesman for the Gun Owners of America, said the attorney general "wants to take us back to the days where those who are under attack are forced to retreat.…We are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, and Lady Justice is supposed to be blind."
Page 2

Holder is a criminal, and should be arrested and tried in front of a jury. He's nothing more than a compliant mouthpiece for Obama, and has committed multiple treasonous acts against the people of the United States.

Treason is punished by death, and this ass deserves no less than that ultimate punishment.

Evidently Sharpton, Holder and Obama would have been much happier if GZ had been killed instead of that poor unarmed 17 year old coming home with the skittles and ice tea.

I suppose when we're attacked and having our heads beaten into the sidewalk we need to ask how old they are before stopping the threat.:blink:

Not sure I can add too much to what has been said here, but he is a treasonous traitor that is fueling the assault on our countries moral fiber. He should be at minimum put in the worst prison we offer, forever. Best case would be hung like many before him who betrayed us so badly.

Business Insider got a lot of things wrong BEFORE the trial, but they nailed this one. Holder would be wise to read it.

But Zimmerman's defense didn't rely on Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law in court and instead simply argued that Zimmerman killed 17-year-0ld Trayvon Martin in self-defense.
In self-defense cases, Florida prosecutors have the burden of proving beyond a reasonable doubt that a defendant did not act in self-defense.

That's the case in a lot of other states, too, and it was a high hurdle in the Zimmerman case in light of his injuries and a neighbor's testimony that Martin was straddling him.

Don't Blame The George Zimmerman Verdict On 'Stand Your Ground' - Yahoo! Finance

In fact, I just faxed this article to him! Not that he will ever read it.

I wonder what Eric Holder would have done if his head was being bounced off the concrete? Oh, wait! I forgot! He has armed security! One of the ivory tower elitists! Throw the bums out of Washington, now! Eric Holder's opinions have the credibility of exactly zero.

I am a firm believer in two term limits for our present politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

holder is a corrupt left wing revolutionary, look up how he worked to spring murdering puerto rican terrorists from prison. this country never had a bigger piece of feces in that office

Oh, he's blasting SYG laws? I guess he forgot the law about not giving guns to Mexican cartels. He was absent the day they taught it's illegal to sell guns to an organized crime syndicates operating in contravention of a neighboring government... in violation of fed law... and international treaty. How many innocent Mexicans have died. What about Brian Terry? His mother is pitiful. She can't get an answer either but I don't see Holder doing anything about that case. And he has the answers too!

Sad part is had the raciest Trayvon kept walking instead of turning and attacking he would be alive to sell/smoke dope another day.

Stand Your Ground... Self Defense Law, Read them, One in the same pretty much.
Here goes Eric Holder speaking to those who do not wish to educate themselves.
I am so tired of people who are willing to condemn others without taking a moment to dig deeper into a story.
Our President was elected by a group of people who were willing to take television commercials and liberal slanted News programs at face value.
Lazy.

To me it is really amazing that those who complain most about the law and court system, are the ones most involved in the violation of law. They subvert the meaning of the Constitution and look for any means to circumvent it. Holder and this Administration have made a regular policy of the selective enforcement of the law. The Fast and Furious investigation should result in jail sentences for several government employees. This Administration constantly complains about illegal guns and is the largest purveyor of illegal guns. They have sent weapons to Mexican drug dealers and the Muslim Brotherhood, a vicious enemy of this country, in Libya, Egypt, and Syria.

...But you see, this administration really gets it. There are so many less of "Us" than there are of "Them".
Us: Those who will read and educate ourselves on a subject, topic, or area of concern.
Them: Those who will allow others to tell them what they think, what is important, and what to be concerned about. All this with no questions asked.

There are plenty more like this.
His thinking is right on one point. What are they going to fight it with? 9mm and mac-10s? And maybe a few AKs. I'll see your AK and raise you a Mosin-Nagant M44. Both shoot the same size ( 7.62 ) bullet but take a look at the range. AK is a close in weapon with the 7.62X39, M-N M44 is a distance weapon and a close in weapon with 7.62X54R. Then you'd have to figure in the other weapons that would oppose these rioters. You'd have M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, 1903A3s, AKs firing both the 7.62X39 and 5.56X45 or even other rounds, ARs in 9mm, .45ACP, 5.56X45, 7.62X51, .50 Beowolf, .300 Blackout, etc......, and then a whole range of hunting rifles. And on top of that, full auto equipment. And then there'd be all the handguns that can shoot out to 100+ yards.

Sad part is had the raciest Trayvon kept walking instead of turning and attacking he would be alive to sell/smoke dope another day.

At the very least he could have stopped trying to impress his girlfriend about how tough he was long enough to call the police to report the person who was stalking him. But that would have made too much sense. It was easier to stop TALKING about how tough he was and try to PROVE how tough he was by attacking a man he didn't know who was carrying a gun he didn't know about.

Think about this..... if the stand your ground law did not exist in Florida, then that would make Travon Martin a criminal because he did not flee from Zimmerman.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back