Advice....

Feldon22

A friend and I are going to take the CWP class this Saturday in Aiken, SC....Any advice?

Just go and have fun. The shooting and the class is easy. If the instructor says; you might want to remember this, remember it. It will be on the test.

My advice: ask your instructor if the laws that he/she is teaching you about are this years', last years', or the year before. I found out that the instructor for my class was quite misinformed as to the updates in the firearm laws in my state, after I took the class. Ask for proof and dates. It makes a huge difference in where you can or cannot carry!

Good idea, gdcleanfun. After you finish your class if you have any questions bring them here. At least here you will get correct and documented answers.

get a good nights sleep before and try and stay awake... it's a long day and some of the stuff is kind of boring but if the instructor is good you will learn some things...

the test is not hard if you pay attention.
Aiken is a wonderful town...
a long time ago I used to chase girls there, I wish.....
used to be the rich and poor in Aiken had one thing in common, they both lived on dirt roads.

A friend and I are going to take the CWP class this Saturday in Aiken, SC....Any advice?

If you're halfway decent with a gun, you'll be fine. But don't punch all 50 shots into the 10 ring... makes them harder for the instructor to count. I put 32 in the chest, 18 in the head. Instructor was happy I made it easy for him to count. Basically, put all your 3 and 5yd shots in the head. 10 and 15 yd shots in the body.

:hang3:

I disagree...

Put all 50 in the 10 ring and make them work for it... one hole would be nice. I wish I could take the qualification part over again....

I got tired 2/3 of the way through mine:

Link Removed

Thanks to all for the advice...I am really looking forward to taking the class and finally being able to have my CWP.....Maybe I will try to spell my initials in the target.....

Good idea, gdcleanfun. After you finish your class if you have any questions bring them here. At least here you will get correct and documented answers.

Good idea back atcha, Red. I got the latest and greatest info on the laws here, issues on which my instructor's teachings were quite sorely lacking, to say the least!

Just a little update.....I passed.....98% on the test...100% on the shooting portion......now its just on to the wait for the permit....

Good job!!! Enjoy the recognition of your Right and natural tendency.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back