Advice on Best Concealed Carry Handgun

Enough people have posted good tips and such so I'll just keep it simple and post my current 3 carry options.

CCW: Taurus TCP .380(fits in my front pocket)

Open carry/CCW: Taurus Ultralight .38(depends on how I feel)

Open carry: Smith & Wesson M&P9c(depends on where I'm going)

I have other guns but these are my go-to choices.

The best handgun for CCW is the one your most comfortable with. If your not comfortable and dont like the way it shoots then it will be less effect in an encounter.

I agree with the other folks, ideally ask somebody who has some guns if you can go and try his and see what you like.

For me it was the XD9SC. Bit bigger than the mini guns but good capacity and very reliable. Mine has 2K rounds and not a hiccup.

If you are budget minded I would look at Bersa, have read a lot of good things about them.

my two cents- after years of CCW I like a composite in 45ACP, small - lite -compact 230gr SJHP join the range, obey the range master, KNOW your states laws inside and out. Shoot regularly and shoot to disable- no tv crap. I like A Capone- " you go further in life with a kind word and a gun than with just a kind word" Dont leave home without it

I beg to differ sir, the 45ACP is an excellent cartridge. Carried by the US for years- I beleive it was developed for the Phillipine insurection.I use it in 230gr SJHP Muzzle velocuty allows for good penetration and the HP gives good expansion- goes in like a dime and ( if it comes out) like a fist. Like getting hit with a bat, doesnt take but one correctly placed

Just got my CC permit. Any advice from you folks on your recommendations on an ideal carrying pistol? I was thinking about a .357 or .38 SPL Airweight revolver or maybe a small Glock. Thoughts?

Thank you,

jonathan

Hard to go wrong with a baby Glock "27". You might also want to look at the Kel-Tec 9mm as they are small.

concealed carry weapon

Good advice from most! Go to a shop/range and rent a few. DONT buy .357 or 44 mags as they are overkill and will not only go through your target but will kill anyone else for 2 blocks. Anumber of handguns made for women are compact and lite, small grips and in the rite caliber- just as deadly as any other handgun, it's for saveing your life- not a fashion statement. After years of a SW M19 combat masterpiece in 38+P, I went to semi-auto in 45acp. I found the rite load and thats that. Find one handgun, get the right load and practice and make copy's of ALL state, and local laws regarding your use of deadly force- be aware or you will pay for it

advice

Just got my CC permit. Any advice from you folks on your recommendations on an ideal carrying pistol? I was thinking about a .357 or .38 SPL Airweight revolver or maybe a small Glock. Thoughts?

Thank you,

jonathan

Link Removed

I carry an LCP, or a kel-tec 32, or a 5 shot22mag north american arms mini revolver, they are all very light and concealable, A small gun is better than no gun, it is for self preservation, not to fight off an army or start a war. I Just hope i never have to use it as it would be a nightmare of leagal battles and possible jail time, but if its me or my family, its gonna be them!

check out the kel-Tec pf9 it is a great compromise between small size and overall firepower, mine has been very reliable and very comfortable to carry.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back