Advertising our guns

JJFlash

It occurs to me that many of us are advertising on our homepages, exactly what types of weapons we own.

Anyone else think this is not...uh...smart?

I, for one, am deleting mine. Yeah, the horse has already left the barn, but maybe we all have to be thinking smarter from here on out.

It occurs to me that many of us are advertising on our homepages, exactly what types of weapons we own.

I, for one, am deleting mine. Yeah, the horse has already left the barn, but maybe we all have to be thinking smarter from here on out.

The Wiphe and I have talked about this a couple times. I do not have any pictures of me on here and I a little vague on where I live. If somebody wants to find you, they can. I do my due diligence with everything else revolving around my family and my firearms.

What do you mean gun"S".. I only have my Skyy.. That's it.. No, Really.. I ask about other guns a lot.. but I wouldn't own any other guns.. No.. Really!!! Sometimes I borrow other peoples guns when I go shooting, but I :pleasantry:eek:nly:pleasantry: have my Skyy...
That's my story.. I'm sticking to it!!

advertising not a good idea

There's a lot of things that are not a good idea. I try to keep my name off membership rolls too. I donate regularly to NRA and other pro 2a groups but don't want my name found there for various reasons. I realize with FBI bacground checks every time I purchase puts me on someones radar, but the extent of my -tems remains unknown. A hidden room also keeps others from seeing anything either. I live by the advice the CCW instructor said, "once u get it, keep ur mouth shut". Good avdice to live by.

Guns? What guns? I don' have no guns! I don' need no steenkin' guns!

There is no current record of my ever purchasing or owning a gun. I have a Florida carry permit, but I could be carrying a switch-blade or a Taser, or even a sap. There are no serial #s, no model #s, no nothing attached to my name. And I do not advertise any brand names, any calibers...

I may have posted something somewhere, but you'd have to search a lot of Web sites to find out. My lips are sealed.

You know, unless you're using some super anonymous browsing techniques, if someone (anyone) needed to find you or your previous posts they could definitely do it. I think you've been going slightly off the deep end, and this is coming from a fellow "conspiracy theorist". I don't think a plane hit the pentagon. I don't think a plane is what brought the WTC buildings down during 9/11, and I don't think a plane crashed in Pennsylvania. I do however know that if someone is coming for my guns, I have done nothing to stop this. If they want our guns, they'll get our guns. If you have ever filled out the 4473, someone out there knows you own a firearm. I don't think you should be as worried about this as you currently are, though.

Advertising Guns

No...I don't "advertise" that I have any guns and/or where they might be...too much temptation for a hacker to look at these websites and locate "targets" for theft.

I don't even put NRA stickers on any of my property...again, would indicate that the owner was gun friendly.

Much better, IMO, to keep the perpetrator guessing as to what fate he/she might have if they decied to B&E...

JJ good point, I like you and i'm not bashing you by the following- these are just my views

I have a Kimber 1911, a Glock 17, a Mossberg 500, and a S&W 659 all legally and lawfully purchased in my state of residence. I also drive a marked car to and from home- people already know there are guns in the house/with me. Besides, I'm not ashamed. I'm proud that i've worked honest work to acquire my very limited collection :) I'm not ashamed of it and don't feel a need to hide it from like minded folks like yourself, my neighbors, my friends, family or the Federal government.

My firearms are secured under lock in key or with me. I have a beloved german Shepherd who will do a damn good job at licking someone to death should they ever break in, an alarm system and some great neighbors. I like talking guns, I like buying guns, shooting guns, and looking at guns and damn it if I have to be afraid to talk about the type I own it may be time to buy more!

(End emotional rant)

+ if ever I thought a gun ban was looming I'd sell all of my guns :sarcastic:

Additional note:

READ THIS: http://www.newswithviews.com/NWV-News/news152.htm

n amendment to a bill swiftly moving through the US Congress will allow the Obama Administration's Attorney General to classify Americans as domestic terrorists if they are pro-life, pro-gun and anti-big government.

To the people are super sensitive and try hard to keep their names off of NRA Lists, forums, etc. If I were an agency looking at this board I'd wonder why you were trying so hard to keep your name off the radar...

We're Americans guaranteed the right to free speech and to keep and bear arms. You're doing nothing wrong. Besides- we're probably all flagged as domestic terrorists for being on pro gun boards anyway!

Between my posts here, and my conversations over the evil cell phone with my friends about politics, freedom, the constitution, liking what Ron Paul and other pro personal freedom people have to say I'm definitely on "the list" lol
:to_pick_ones_nose:

I see no reason to worry about what we own or discuss in here. Although Ryan H's views of what happened on Sept 11 are alittle distrubing.... I have only one NRA sticker and its on my 68 Bug more as a job to all the hippies and when the elections start there will be all sorts of Republician stickers on it too. And to clearsightactical glad to hear that your a LEO, my dad was one, but I hope you won't be one of the "I use to own guns but I'm only doing my job" cops, hopefully you use discression If it ever gets to that and I don't think it ever will.

The reason for this post and my other recent thread (Watchlist) is just that I've been thinking about how "they" came for the guns in England, Australia, etc. So, here we are listing on an open forum exactly what firearms we have. Couple that with the fact that the American gov't is spying on its citizens (again, which just seemed to hit me very hard the other nite when I was brooding on it), and I think we're making it too easy for "them" to appear at our door with "the list". Yeah, I am getting increasingly paranoid.

ClearSightTactical, I'm like you: I have NRA stickers on my truck, I sometimes open carry, it's no secret where I stand. But if we really believe in the possibility of the SHTF, and I do, then maybe it's time to start thinking a little more strategically, is all I'm saying.

Ryan, I'm not sure where you're coming from with the 9/11 events, so I won't address that, but your statement that "if they want our guns...then they'll get our guns" is one I'll not accept.

I don't think a plane hit the pentagon. I don't think a plane is what brought the WTC buildings down during 9/11, and I don't think a plane crashed in Pennsylvania.

I've been thinking about this for a while before I decided to respond: While you're certainly entitled to your opinion, so am I. And since you opted to voice that opinion on this forum, so shall I, instead of PM'ing you as I was inclined to do. Not knowing you, this is not a personal attack, just my opinion. Also, not wanting this to become out of hand, I won't be responding about this any further...

I think that people who deny what most people feel are obvious facts of 9/11 are short-sighted, at best, or totally ignorant dumbasses at worst, possibly with an underlying sinister personal agenda as well. As I said, this is not a personal attack...please don't take it that way.

I don't know if you were personally touched by the events of 9/11, but many of us here in the NY Metropolitan area were. I watched it happen, and I personally know people who were lost that day. Many of us here do.

We all agree that planes HIT the World Trade Center towers...don't we? While I'm certainly no structural engineer...maybe you are...I can easily see how the towers could have been weakened by the intense heat brought about by burning jet fuel, causing them to pancake down by the sudden weight of the uppermost floors as the superstructures failed.

I don't know why you think no plane hit the Pentagon. I'm able to find the following:

Eyewitness Report w/ Images

Excellent Forensic Recreation w/ Evidential Images

Pennsylvania: Perhaps you think it never happened? Or maybe it was shot down? If it were shot out of the sky, the resultant crash debris would likely have been a lot different. Look up the images from the Lockerbie, Scotland crash. There are large recognizable pieces of plane all over the place. There are comparisons to be made. There are no comparisons to be made of which I'm aware for a plane that may have screwed itself into the ground at 500 or 600 miles an hour.

Whatever the Truth is - yours, mine, or something in the middle - we are still in the midst of a battle instigated and perpetuated by a real enemy whom we have to face together, sooner or later. Hopefully our differences of opinion won't be an impediment to taking care of each other when that time comes.

That's all I've got. Have a great Thanksgiving to everybody.

I keep evidence of firearm ownership off of my car and the outside of my house. Besides being a pain in the neck to remove from the car, I just don't want to tempt thieves and/or vandals. I don't use anything close to my real name when posting.

Any gun I mentioned on any thread was just a joke. I really do not have any guns.:no:

Ditto, me either, :no: .... isn't this the forum where we discuss our NEIGHBOR'S guns?
Still, don't break into my place .... He has my house covered. :sarcastic:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back