Advanced Question...

neoendedsmith

Currently a Delaware resident.
Still awaiting my DE CCW Initial.
If I have to move back to VA, will my DE CCW be invalidated since my work will still be in DE?

I'm going to take an educated guess & say that when you give up your De. residency & make Va. your residence it will then be invalid but if De. offers non resident permits or the Va. permit you should be covered.

Yes, that's what common sense is telling me as well...I haven't got a call back from the Prothonatary since 9am this morning when I thought of this particular scenario since the idea has just come up this past weekend...hmmmmmmm

BRM is right, if your residency changes you DE permit is no longer valid. The wording of the law is tricky. It appears to be saying you have to have a permit issued by the state you reside in.

Pursuant to 11 Del.C. ' 1441(j), as of July 11, 2003, Delaware law allows residents of other states who have been issued a concealed deadly weapon license or permit by certain other states to lawfully carry concealed deadly weapons in Delaware if the state that issued the permit or license also recognizes Delaware's concealed deadly weapons licenses, and if Delaware's Attorney General also determines that the concealed deadly weapons licensing or permit laws in the issuing state "afford a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in Delaware."

For what it is worth Delaware currently gives Virginia reciprocity but for some strange reason this will end in December 2013.

Delaware Department of Justice - Attorney Generals Office

OK, verified with all Prothonatary Offices in the state; Once you lose residency, your CCW is inactive and if you move back to the state and have Delaware license again, you are good to use again (as long as it isn't expired).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back