adding gun to ccw

cheddy

how much does it cost to get a new permit after you buy a new gun and want to add it to your ccw?

how much does it cost to get a new permit after you buy a new gun and want to add it to your ccw?

Depends on the county.

In Churchill County, there is NO charge.

Our sheriff simply adds the "new" handgun qual form to your file. (There is not room on the reverse of the permit to list a large number of firearms.)

I hear some sheriffs charge a fee, but I see no authorization in the law to do so. (The law is very specific.)

You'll need to find a NV CFP instructor to qualify you with additional firearms. All of them charge a fee for it. I was recently added to the LVMPD approved instructor list. PM me for details if you're in Clark County.

You will have to find a Nevada CCW instructor and go through live fire qualification just like you did when you took the intiial CCW class. Instructors will usually charge for this. but sometimes not if you were a former student. Normal rate is $25-$35.

After you qualify, you must take your certificate to the Sheriff's office. I know Washoe County charges a flat $15 fee to add as many handguns as you want.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back