Adding a gun to my ccw

buddy

Question for anyone out there. I was under the impression that since I got my ccw in 2010 with all semi auto's listed on it, until my renewal, I had to still qualify with any new semi auto. Now I am being told that even though my ccw is older, as long as I have at least one semi auto listed on it, I do not have to qualify if I want to add a different semi on it.

For example, my ccw lists a beretta and xd. I want to add my sig. Can I just carry the sig or do I need it added to the ccw?

As long as you have at least one semi listed on your valid CFP, you can carry any semi you want. Same thing with revolvers, qualify with one and you are good with all revolvers.

When you renew, your permit will say semi authorized assuming you qualify with one.

I would check with a lawyer for specifics on the law where you live. I have had a ccw in Iowa, Minnesota, & getting one in Washington & in those states once you have your ccw you can carry anything that is legal.

Question for anyone out there. I was under the impression that since I got my ccw in 2010 with all semi auto's listed on it, until my renewal, I had to still qualify with any new semi auto. Now I am being told that even though my ccw is older, as long as I have at least one semi auto listed on it, I do not have to qualify if I want to add a different semi on it.

For example, my ccw lists a beretta and xd. I want to add my sig. Can I just carry the sig or do I need it added to the ccw?

Under Nevada law as of July 1, 2011 you no longer have to list each firearm and qualify with it. The license is issued for revolver, semi-auto pistol or both. You qualify with one of each type. You don' t need to qualify with each individual pistol.

here in tennessee there is no "listing". i can carry what i want. really did not know that you had to list anything.

As long as you have at least one semi listed on your valid CFP, you can carry any semi you want. Same thing with revolvers, qualify with one and you are good with all revolvers.

When you renew, your permit will say semi authorized assuming you qualify with one.

True.

I was involved in the legislation (lobbying for the reform) and the NSCA-sponsored CCW permit holders' forum. It was specifically announced just as you described.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back