Added one to my collection

Scarecrow

just in time for hunting, I picked up a Marlin XL7 in .30-06 last week. I like how it looks and feels very comfortable. I read a lot about the trigger being awesome... and I have to agree with that. it is very smooth and light. I have not yet had a chance to shoot it but should have that chance before this weekend when I go way up north with some buddies for deer hunting. but from what I have read about it before I bought it and the way it feels when I hold it it can't be beat for the money.. I only paid 300 for it brand new!

MarlinXL730-06008.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. Specially for the price. 30-06 would probably be my round of choice if I had only one. My experience with Marlin has been very good. (It is limited to rimfire).

I want to see pictures of the first deer you kill with it. Make sure you take pictures and post them here.

I want to see pictures of the first deer you kill with it. Make sure you take pictures and post them here.

Responsible hunters "harvest" game my friend. You don't hear about fish or shrimp farmers "killing" a bunch of fish or shrimp do you? Gotta speak in terms that the stink'n "tree huggers" will understand :wink:

gf

hopefully that will be this weekend. would be nice to stock the freezer full of good fresh meat. we'll see what opportunities nature gives me.

Responsible hunters "harvest" game my friend. You don't hear about fish or shrimp farmers "killing" a bunch of fish or shrimp do you? Gotta speak in terms that the stink'n "tree huggers" will understand :wink:

gf

This stink'n tree hugger understood it. How come nobody likes trees? I love trees! *grinning and laughing* :haha::haha::haha:

Check out the challenge in the rifle section

You have the tool let's see if you got the goods. I posted my latest 100yd target. Let's see yours!!!!!

CHALLENGE!

BTW

Harvesting dear would imply that you ran it over with a combine or other farm implement. I say kill it and grill it!

You have the tool let's see if you got the goods. I posted my latest 100yd target. Let's see yours!!!!!

CHALLENGE!

BTW

Harvesting dear would imply that you ran it over with a combine or other farm implement. I say kill it and grill it!

Harvesting DEAR implies something altogether different from the original post.

I hugged a tree once. I found I prefer women.

BTW, Scarecrow, that does look like a nice rifle. Post a photo of your first deer collected with it, or at least an impressive target as Festus suggested.

This stink'n tree hugger understood it. How come nobody likes trees? I love trees! *grinning and laughing* :haha::haha::haha:

Worded a different way, we don't want the "anti-gunners" ever imagining that we'll use our hunting rifles to "kill" anything. :eek: On a serious note, in the world of "game managment"and "conservation", the proper term for sport hunting is "harvesting game". The word "kill" is often linked to poachers who "kill" animals for no good reason other than to illegally obtain animal parts. One example would be the Black Rhino in Africa. Many poachers "kill" the Rhino to remove the horns. I'm doing my best to educate others as to shed some positive light on responsible firearms owners. If we're going to suceed in convincing the 80% of the population who has no strong opinion of hunters (positive or negative), then we'll have do do our part to use proper language to identify ourselves as such.

gf

gf

Since I've never hunted before (I've always wanted to, though) I don't have "hunterspeak" down pat just quite yet.

Since I've never hunted before (I've always wanted to, though) I don't have "hunterspeak" down pat just quite yet.
I've been a few times. We didn't see anything; mostly just walked around out in the woods and sat in a treestand. I like that sort of thing, but could have done without the cumbersome, full-stock shotgun that gets fairly heavy after a while.

Toreskha,
There's a fine line between hunting and sitting up in a tree looking dumb. Some days I wonder which I'm doing.

Toreskha,
There's a fine line between hunting and sitting up in a tree looking dumb. Some days I wonder which I'm doing.
I think I mostly did the latter.

I'm not really into fishing either, but at least with that, you can shoot the bull. People demand that you be quiet when hunting though, so there I am...sitting...very quiet...nothing to do...zzzzzz. :shout: Kinda drives one crazy after a while.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back