Add one to the "Stupidest Inventions" list!

Yes you can eject it in a timely fashion, watch this non believershttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBje1MnHL1M

Claire,
We've reviewed the SafetyBullet and found that it works best at removing cash from some lazy, untrained, and irresponsible gun owners. Instead of researching how many children have been injured by guns, maybe the designer of this device should have studied the manner in which firearms function; the scenarios where a home defense gun would be needed ; and good, safe gun-handling/-storage practices.

If someone enters my home uninvited, the first indication they have that I'm awake will be the impact of a 230 grain hollowpoint, not the sound of me ejecting your capacity stealing, time wasting money suckers.

Still confused as to how it works, watch the 2 min video LINK BELOW. It shows my Dad using and ejecting the Safety Bullet. It is so fast I think you will be impressed. I think guns are a good thing for protection. I understand your concerns. Yes it takes a little thought to use this, so if you don't have a little don't use it.
How many of you think it's great we saved a life???? It Works, It saved someone Mission accomplished!!:no:

We've also read other comments on other gun sites and everyone came to the conclusion that it's just a fast way to get cash off gullible citizens. Skewed facts and throwing in the child card works off peoples sympathy not realizing that it could cost them their lives. Heck, more children get killed on the play ground than from gunshot wounds. You may as well face it, you're beating the wrong bush here.

Still confused as to how it works, watch the 2 min video LINK BELOW. It shows my Dad using and ejecting the Safety Bullet. It is so fast I think you will be impressed. I think guns are a good thing for protection. I understand your concerns. Yes it takes a little thought to use this, so if you don't have a little don't use it.
How many of you think it's great we saved a life???? It Works, It saved someone Mission accomplished!!:no:

How many of these has your company sold? The device saved A girl's life. Proper gun handling and training saves thousands EACH DAY. If you sold them for $1 each, you'd still be scamming people. As for the time involved to use your device: If it takes longer to clear than it takes me to FIRE a round, it is too long for use in a home or personal defense gun and any gun not being used for home or personal defense belongs in a safe or in the hands of a responsible user.

It will not be (perminatly) disabled it is easy to eject and anyone who took the time to understand how it works would know that

Yes we did save a life, no thats not an add and yes i am proud of it!!
The part about a playground killing more children than guns is rich!!
Yeah thats what we should do give kids loaded guns and ban playgrouds, this has got to be the STUPIDEST conversation I have ever had, I will leave you all to it now, feel free to draw your own conclusions. Singing out for good, Claire Worley

It not perminatly disabled

In the time it takes to eject two UnsafeBullets, to get to a REAL bullet, I could be "disabled". I'll keep live rounds in my gun, and continue to advise others to do likewise.

Hey wolfhunter, I'd think she'd have a better argument after reading all the negative comments on the web. I saw some on some online auctions and they never sold. I think that should tell her something!

RedHat,
She used up all her canned speeches and resorted to that mis-spelled grammatical nightmare about it not perminatly disabled.

It's temporally disabled. May as well be in pieces if you need it!

Excellent point Red Hat! In keeping an "open mind", I loaded a magazine with "dummy ammo" and replaced the first round with a "snap cap" to simulate "live ammo" and a "shi*afety bullet" (she's done a lot of misspelling, so here's my turn to misspell a word. :wink:). Replacing the slide and inserting a magazine is just a spit second slower than simply racking the slide to eject the "shi*afety bullet" and firing a round. Considering the consequences (high stress situation) and the consequences (gun getting locked up until I can get a wooden dowel to pop out the "safety bullet" stuck in my barrel), I'd opt to keep the slide off of the gun.

Ideally, the gun owner would use proper gun storage and handling to eliminate the need for "unconventional" procedures. A "snap cap", "dummy round" or even an empty chamber would accomplish the same thing as the "safety bullet". If some child were to pull the trigger, they would have to rack the slide to be able to chamber a live round. As for revolvers, in a DA revolver, how do you "clear" the unfired "safety bullet" before firing a "live round"??? In a "high stress" situation, you fire to "stop the threat" and reload if necessary. If it takes all 7 rounds from my Taurus 66, so be it. If the "safety bullet" were one of the "rounds", I'd have a very small "club", and not be able to reload.

As a firearms instructor, I cannot in good conscience endorse such a ridiculous piece of garbage. Rather than build and peddle the piece of junk, maybe "Mr. Worley" should invent something that actually makes sense. What a shame that time and money was wasted to patent such a worthless piece of junk. A friend who works in the U.S. PTO stated that you could patent just about anything as long as you file the proper paperwork and they find that there isn't anything already like it on record.

gf

Safety Bullet? Oxymoronic and useless. Safety classes. Kids need to be taught gun safety from the moment a gun is brought into the house, because not every gun they encounter will be equiped with the latest lib "safety" whatevers. My 5 year old son and 8 year old daughter know the four universal rules (ALWAYS assume it's loaded - ALWAYS point the muzzle in a safe direction - ALWAYS keep your finger out of the trigger guard until your ready to shoot at your target, ALWAYS know your target and what's behind it) and Eddie Eagle's STOP, don't touch, leave the area tell an adult. This and some adult common sense... problem solved! If I hear glass breaking at 3 am, I am unloading on the fool who interupted my beauty sleep. I need all I can get!

Well, let me stir the pot a bit....

First, I will agree that there is absolutely no substitution for proper firearms education, exposure, and storage. If we teach children about firearms, as well as giving them safe, supervised access to them, then we are 99% home free. I am also a big fan of small biometric gun cases for the nightstand for home defense handguns. Of course, those cases are not cheap.
:no:

However, I do not believe that the principle behind this product is unsound. This item is being marketed specifically to those who have children in their home.The dummy round option would not prevent the firearm from being cycled, a sight that even children of anti-gunners see in movies and on television. Rack the slide and the next round goes bang.

No matter how well trained your own children are, it only takes one sleepover or afternoon guest to cause copious amounts of grief that would last a lifetime. This item would not be suitable for use in a carry gun where one second makes a difference, but for a home defense firearm it seems like a reasonable precaution. No matter how well I trained my child, I would never show him or her the safety bullet. Thus, if curiosity does ever win out over sense, I will have a locked up handgun to show what happened, and a living child to punish until he or she wished they were dead.
:yes4:

For those who oppose on the grounds that they might forget about the safety cap (I agree, safety bullet is a lousy name), most of you folks were touting education. One of the most important aspects of education is practice. I am sure that we all practice drawing our carry gun for the possibility that we might be forced to use deadly force. The same could and should be said about a home defense firearm. Practice retrieving, racking, and presenting. Practice is also education.

Finally, I find it slightly hypocritical of some of you to complain about cycling the action on a handgun to clear the safety cap and load a live round because it might tip off a bad guy. I know two of you who complained about that were extolling the bladder emptying power of the sound of a pump shotgun action in the middle of the night. Either the sound of a firearm being readied will deter a BG, or it won't.

The only real issue that I have is with this supposed "Claire Worley" that posted. After checking the safety bullet videos, her writing sounds suspiciously like the sales manager, who I would guess is definitely not Mike Worley's daughter. If your written English is that bad because you are from another country, it is kind of charming. If you really are the daughter of an American and your written English is that bad, that would be a disgrace.

I would question the ethics of any company that would present one of its employees as someone else. Come clean: Are you fibbing about your identity or simply a sub-standard product of our public education system?
:confused:

.....The only real issue that I have is with this supposed "Claire Worley" that posted. After checking the safety bullet videos, her writing sounds suspiciously like the sales manager, who I would guess is definitely not Mike Worley's daughter. If your written English is that bad because you are from another country, it is kind of charming. If you really are the daughter of an American and your written English is that bad, that would be a disgrace.

I would question the ethics of any company that would present one of its employees as someone else. Come clean: Are you fibbing about your identity or simply a sub-standard product of our public education system?
:confused:

Sadly, I believe that she's some very clueless 26 year old "kid". Seems like she's a "real" person. Claire | MySpace.com

mikeandclaireworley.gif

gf

For those who do not want to carry with one in the chamber I proposed the possibility of using a specially deceloped blank round that would cycle the action if it were possible. This would allow you to double tap the first round having the second round be a live bullet but if the first were fired accidently there would not be a bullet. This would eliminate the need to manually having to cycle the slide to chamber a round.

The principle is similar to the safety bullet and directed to the one who want an empty chamber. The comments on that proposal were about the same as those for the safety bullet. The general concensus is that if you aren't going to carry with one in the chamber then leave it at home locked in a safe.

passinate gun owners,

All right I heard every thing you all said. Well first off, your gun would never become perminatly disabled because the safety bullet after fired would still take less time to get out of the gun that it would take to get a cable lock, trigger lock off or safe open. After fired simply take the ejecter rod and place it in the bearrel of your gun and hit against a hard surface. The safety bullet is out and when you pull the side back a letal round is loaded. This will not damage your gun. We have a money back 100% garantee.
Another conncern was that simple education will end all accidental shootings. I wish it where that easy. Unfortunatly an accidental shooting happends everyday resulting in death. :hang3:
Someone eles wrote that children would think they could play with guns all they want if they knew there was a safety bullet in it. Not true, because once fired children cannot get the safety bullet out of the gun. When you pull the hammer back on a gun that has a safety bullet fired in it, you cannot get it out. Besides, you possable just saved a life!!! The first thing kids do when they find a gun is pull the trigger!!! Alot of times they also point it at someone, another child.:girl_wink: I know some will have a strong adversity to this, thats fine. But, let let the smart ones, who know what gus can do and want to prevent accidents and deaths, use it. Call them stupid I'm ok with that, but they still be around to talk about it.
Thanks for you attention, Claire Worley heirss of the Safety Bullet:yu:

When you pull the hammer back on a gun that has a safety bullet fired in it, you cannot get it out.

How will pulling the hammer back on a gun eject a "safety bullet" or "live cartridge"? Please do more research before attempting to peddle your worthless product to knowledgeable gun owners.

BTW, I thought you said you were "done"

gf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back