Add one to the "Stupidest Inventions" list!

only jams if you pull the trigger. ther's a primer in the case that causes a plunger to expand the white plasitc and render the firearm USELESS.

gf

Safety Bullet

There is a record of failures with these devices. In failing, the plastic segment will fire from the cartridge and act like a bullet. There is one incident that the plastic and aluminum thing inside of the plastic punctured a hole in a guys sheet rock wall at at considerable distance from the gun.

I admit, this isn't much of an issue until it's your 2 year old child shooting himself in the eye with this "Safety Bullet"?

There are other failures as well, some involving the plastic not exiting the barrel and having to be hammered out with a steel or substantial metal rod to remove it. Could you imagine firing a live round or two into such a plugged barrel?

At this rate, a toothpick placed inside of the gun would be safer than anything that worked "some of the time" or "most of the time".

Is there an independent testing facility that did the testing on "Safety Bullets"? If so, I wonder who did it. Perhaps the person in charge will elaborate.........

There is a record of failures with these devices. In failing, the plastic segment will fire from the cartridge and act like a bullet. There is one incident that the plastic and aluminum thing inside of the plastic punctured a hole in a guys sheet rock wall at at considerable distance from the gun.

There are other failures as well, some involving the plastic not exiting the barrel and having to be hammered out with a steel or substantial metal rod to remove it.

Do you have any documentation of these incidents? Maybe a link to a news article, government warning, etc. The printed documentation would come in handy for my firearms safety classes.

I thought the product was flawed from the beginning. Then name "Safety Bullet" is very misleading. The darn thing doesn't have a "bullet". Maybe if the guy took a little time to talk to some knowledgeable firearms owners and instructors, he would have come up with a better product and a better name. :frown:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... What was this guy thinking!!! His target group of consumers are probably the "Mall Ninja" types. :ph34r:

gf

I admit, this isn't much of an issue until it's your 2 year old child shooting himself in the eye with this "Safety Bullet"?

There are other failures as well, some involving the plastic not exiting the barrel and having to be hammered out with a steel or substantial metal rod to remove it. Could you imagine firing a live round or two into such a plugged barrel?

At this rate, a toothpick placed inside of the gun would be safer than anything that worked "some of the time" or "most of the time".

Is there an independent testing facility that did the testing on "Safety Bullets"? If so, I wonder who did it. Perhaps the person in charge will elaborate.........

Welcome to USA Carry, HKSkully. Hope you enjoy the site.

As for this product, it's a joke. The guy who invented it seems to think that this product is a substitute for safe gun storage.

Un Safety firearm device

Yes, I can provide you with contact information to some of the people that these devices have failed (so miserably) on. I also have some of the defective devices that indicate the failures that are backed up by what occurred during the test firing of these so called firearm safety devices and can provide pictures along with documentary.

Some would say that I have an agenda towards the owner of this company. Personally I don't give a rats A** about this person. I have a lot of damning information about this guy but it's not my intention to spread this knowledge.

I just don't want to hear about some kid loosing their vision in one eye because of the greed of others. I also don't want to see someone possibly loose the same if not more due to stacking bullets down an obstructed barrel, causing a rupture of the barrel or breach explosion, which could pose a deadly situation to the shooter or bystander.

I've been reloading ammunition for over 34 years and have been in weapons collecting since being of legal age to do so. I still have the .22 Browning that my father had given me when I was 10 years old. I've been an avid collector / broker of title II suppressed weapons and legal machineguns for over 15 years. I've held CCW license since the year that the state of Florida enacted CCW licensing.

I've got to be out for a while today but PM me and I'll give you my e-mail addy for further information on these devices. They are UNSAFE and will eventually get someone seriously injured or worse...

Thank you for welcoming me to USA Carry. I am humbled to be a part of such a fine website. Thank you agian,
Skully

I thought "safety rounds" were invented years ago and called "blanks". I guess someone had to come up with a better mouse trap.

The idea itself is not a bad one, it just comes with a few flawed premises.

A.) If the gun owner is a serious gun owner who carries on a daily basis, he will likely have control of his loaded weapon at all times, eliminating the need for this safety device.

B.) If the gun owner is a serious gun owner who does not carry, he will probably have his weapon(s) either secured in a safe, manually disabled (bolt removed), or protected by another system (lock, small safe, etc.)

C.) If the gun owner is a poser, needing a gun to get his dick hard, he will not ever hear of this product, as he doesn't care about anything beyond 'I have a gun'. He very possibly doesn't even have a cleaning kit for it.

D.) If the gun owner is a criminal, he will likely ignore the safety aspects of firearms handling entirely. This is one of the classes from which most accidental discharges come, IMO.

E.) If the gun owner is your average, 'knows enough to get himself in trouble' Joe, this might be a good thing, as, if he does not have his weapon(s) locked up, they will likely be accessable by people other than himself. This, unfortunately, includes nosey kids. This is where the other large percentage of accidental discharges comes from. Again unfortunately, these are the people, who, faced with a threat, will probably attempt to fire their weapon, forgetting about the 'Safety Bullet', and rendering themselves immediately defenseless.

This is, of course, just my opinion. :happy:

I agree with everything that you said. That isn't the problem. The problem is that they are failing due to manufacturing defects or component design failures which is resulting in them being unsafe.

The actual premise behind the idea is a sound one. It could be a beneficial safety device IF (the big if) they worked as they were "Designed to". The problem is, they aren't. That is not dangerous for me, that is not dangerous for you (from what I gather) but it is a problem to "Joe Citizen" out there who buys a pistol for home protection (what can I say, they are allowed to vote as well) and then buys these defective safety devices in the false pretense that If (the big if again) by chance his young child gets a hold of it, he will be protected. Chances are, it's not going to happen. It is however the luck of the draw.

A firearm safety device should not work due to a hope and a prayer or the "luck of the draw" in any circumstances. It should be 100% or nothing. They need to be fixed. Then they need to have an independent testing facility test them on a trial basis and then a continuing basis.

I'm not stating this as anyone other than that of someone who just happens to care. Hypothetically speaking, if you knew that the owner was fully aware of the defects and failures of these devices and yet continued to sell them just to make a fast buck, I'm sure you'd be just as concerned (hypothetically speaking of course) Ahem.

It's not right that the news stations love to jump on the bandwagon every time they can, that guns are dangerous to begin with. You and I know full well better than that. But soon, it wouldn't surprise me that the news is saying that you can't even trust the FIREARM SAFETY DEVICES either. This part wouldn't be a lie.

Last edited:
Safety Bullet will and has saved lives

Dear passionate gun owners,

Do you want to use your gun in a instant or fumble with trigger locks, or punch in a code or turn a combination to get to your gun in the night? I think I want my gun when I need it and quickly! If you simply pulll back the hammer the gun is now loaded the safety bullet is ejected and your ready to shoot. Why not make sure your fire arm is protected from being used by children, or anyone but you?
It is all too easy to say "An accidental shooting would never happen to me." Again and again (about 1 death a day) though that very thing happens. Nobody see's it comming but being prepaired is the best way to prevent it. People with children must use this, children are very suduced by guns and they will pick it up. Even those children you think would never, don't take that chance.
If someone get your gun I. E. a child and shoots it YOU'LL GO TO JAIL & BE SUED! SAFETY BULLETS can be purchased on line and we are always looking to dealers and distributers. States and countys are sold for a 1 year exclusive contract.There going fast. Let's do our part to :no:. We have already saved the life of a little girl, now tell me that is dumb.
SINCERLY, CLAIRE WORLEY HEIRESS OF SAFETY BULLET

you wont call Safety Bullet a joke if it saved you

passinate gun owners,

All right I heard every thing you all said. Well first off, your gun would never become perminatly disabled because the safety bullet after fired would still take less time to get out of the gun that it would take to get a cable lock, trigger lock off or safe open. After fired simply take the ejecter rob and place it in the bearrel of your gun and hit against a hard surface. The safety bullet is out and when you pull the hammer back a letal round is loaded. This will not damage your gun. We have a money back 100% garantee.
Another conncern was that simple education will end all accidental shootings. I wish it where that easy. Unfortunatly an accidental shooting happends everyday resulting in death. :hang3:
Someone eles wrote that children would think they could play with guns all they want if they knew there was a safety bullet in it. Not true, because once fired children cannot get the safety bullet out of the gun. When you pull the hammer back on a gun that has a safety bullet fired in it, you cannot get it out. Besides, you possable just saved a life!!! The first thing kids do when they find a gun is pull the trigger!!! Alot of times they also point it at someone, another child.:girl_wink: I know some will have a strong adversity to this, thats fine. But, let let the smart ones, who know what gus can do and want to prevent accidents and deaths, use it. Call them stupid I'm ok with that, but they still be around to talk about it.
Thanks for you attention, Claire Worley heirss of the Safety Bullet:yu:

As a LEO I have witnessed a child that shot itself with her mother's (a LEO) weapon.

Most children of young age are not strong enough to pull the trigger in the conventional means. That is why they look down the barrel, and use their thumb to push on the trigger.

I find fault with the need of the product for this reason.

As an owner of a gun (pistol, rifle, shotgun), you should either be in positive possesion of that weapon, or it should be locked up and unloaded. Not just children can access and use that weapon on themselves or someone else. There are way too many instances of people killing their own family members.

If a person cannot figure out how to keep his/her weapon from another famly member or is too lazy to make sure that the weapon and ammo are locked up, then what makes you think that they will take the time and effort to utilize this system.

I feel like this "Safety Bulllet" is as useful as "curb feelers" for a car. If you can't properly operate it in the first place, no amount of gizzmos and gimmicks are going to keep you and everyone else safe.

Last edited:
Gosh, We have alot of Spam lately....

Yep, it's getting bad around here. When I read this thread 9 months ago I thought it was one of the dumbest ideas that has come around in a while. If someone is so paranoid about someone getting hold of a firearm they need to get rid of it. Too many ways to render a firearm inoperable for me. Get a safe, keep an empty chamber on a pistol or the first chamber of a wheelgun empty. Anyway consensus here is it's a piece of junk. A get rich scheme...

Obviously spam written by a person not familiar with firearms. Not sure why, but I can't seem to pull the hammer back on my Glock. :confused: :sarcastic:

If you simply pulll back the hammer the gun is now loaded the safety bullet is ejected and your ready to shoot.

If I did "pull the hammer back" on my revolver, the "safety bullet" wouldn't be "ejected" unless I'm missing something and there's a new revolver on the market that will "eject" cartridges. :haha:

We have already saved the life of a little girl, now tell me that is dumb.

Actually, I'd say there are two "dumb" things about the "little girl" who's life was saved.

1) Some irresponsible gun owner left a gun in a place that it was accessible to a "little girl".
2) Said "irresponsible gun owner" was "dumb enough" to purchase the "safety bullet".

I find it ironic that they name their product "safety bullet" since there is no "bullet" and it has nothing to do with a "bullet". Maybe "safety cartridge" would be a more suitable name???

You won't find me wasting my money on a piece of junk that would disable my firearm. Do the manufacturers seriously think that you can pop out the expanded "safety bullet", reload and engage a BG in a timely fashion???? Not that's funny!!!!! ROFLMAO! :lol: :haha: :lol: :haha:

gf

What a piece of useless garbage. Someone actually paid $25 for 2 of these. I could make my own for about 10 cents. Snap caps would be a lot cheaper and would not render your weapon inoperable if your wanting a dummy round. I think I'll stick to common sense as my safety device.

So now I am hearing that you need to be smart and not have a gun out. Lock it up you say. Why? So you can't get to it in time?? What are you going to tell your intruder "Hold on while I get my gun out of it's safe?" That doesn't make sence. Have a safety bullet in the chamber and ejecting it when ready is the safest way.
Nightly News did a study about children and guns. They will firnd it, the will pick it up and some times god forbid shoot it. More than you think, know, or want to admit to yourself. I am also hearing that a child is not strong enough to pull the trigger. That's funny because if you knew the actual number of young children that have done just that you'd be sick. I know that because we have studied it. Over and over the reports come in. If the safety bullet could atleast save some of these lives I think all of our HARD work has paid off. How is saving a live dumb? I don't belive most would agree with you all. In fact I think most poeple outside of your community would agree.
As for Safety Bullet being a get rich plot, I have this to say. Safety Bullet has been ten years in the making. My father wanted to stop the children from being accidentally shoot and shooting others so he began a misson. He designed and wrote his own patent. This is something alomst impossible unless your a lawer to do. He is a very smart and compasionate man. It took years to get it approved but the patent office rushed it through because they belive in it so much. We had many set backs but finnally a year ago we were able to start building the safety bullet. It has been a long hard road, get rich quick I think not. We are not even close to being rich. My father works in his storage ban for 10 hours 6 days a week building by hand these bullets. He hopes to end accidental shootings. Now tell me why this is stupid please ENLIGHTED ME.

We have sacrafice so much to make this happen "You have no idea." Every safety device so far has not worked. Are you all so close minded that you will not give a new idea a chance. "come on people" anyone.... Claire Worley future owner:no:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back