Ad !!!

downwind

downwind
Had a scare today - forunately, ONLY a scare! Practicing moving and trigger control while shooting at the range (I pay a lot of attention to reset control for follow up shots), I inadvertently held the trigger in while moving instead of letting it reset BEFORE taking a stride. A slight misstep was all it took to bounce my finger slightly causing an unexpected shot from my Sig P245. Fortunately, training had the weapon correctly pointed downrange during the move. As the unexpected discharge went off, a surprised HOLY S_ _ T! came out of my mouth as the round harmlessly buried itself into the berm.

It only goes to prove that ANYONE can have an accidental discarge, even when trying to follow all safety rules.

Practice - practice - practice - and stay safe!

Yep, it happens to all of us sooner or later. Basicaly had the same thing happen to me when I won a Savage 300wsm. It had that new trigger and I wasn't familiar with it thankfully the rifle was pointed up in the air. Scared the pee waddle out of me.

There's no such thing as an accidental discharge. Only intentional and negligent discharge, unless the weapon malfuntioned

Stay Safe!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back