Accepting other States

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
I just watched the nightly news and they said these are the states they will be accepting.

8 Total:
Alaska
Arkansas
Kansas
Louisiana
Missouri
Nebraska
Tennessee
Utah

I'm assuming Oct. 1 but they said it would be listed "on the website" on Monday. But they didn't say the website. I'll find out and post all the info here.

I may have to face my fear of transporting a pistol on an airline when I make my trip to Vegas in Dec. Are there still the registration laws in North Las Vegas? Looks like I'll have to remove Nv from my list of states not accepting TN permit on the TN site :)

Last edited:
I called the CCW office today to clear up a few things.

1st and most important, my new permit is being mailed to me today! :D

2nd: She confirmed this list and said it should be going into effect Jan. 1 but she was not 100% on that and that the Dept. of motor vehicles were in charge of that. I'll look for more info on this.

3rd: After October 1st, when you are adding a revolver to your permit, it will be listed as a revolver and you are able to carry ANY revolvers you legally own. Old permits will not be changed and the qualifying paperwork but be dates OCt. 1 or after.

I am sending a letter to the Sgt. in charge of the CCW office so I can get these answers in writing. I will post the information as soon as I get it back.

I may have to face my fear of transporting a pistol on an airline when I make my trip to Vegas in Dec. Are there still the registration laws in North Las Vegas? Looks like I'll have to remove Nv from my list of states not accepting TN permit on the TN site :)

I know you had to register your firearm with the county within 24 hours I believe but I thought that has been extended. I'll have to look for some info on that.

Nonresident Licenses

Any information on recognition of my nonresident license from Utah? (I am a Arizona resident.)

Any information on recognition of my nonresident license from Utah? (I am a Arizona resident.)

I spoke Friday with Sgt Johnson of the CCW dept and he wasn't sure whether you had to be Utah resident or not. The posting at dps.nv.gov just lists the states and states that these will be 'recognized' as of Oct 1 without any mention of resident or not. I call every couple of weeks to get updates and it is very slow at finding anything out.

Hope this helps

G

SB92 was passed and signed into law, which states that those cities (not named but described by population) that had laws about registration, possession etc had until Oct 1 to change them (eliminate them) or that the state law would override them on Jan 1. No Las Vegas is telling their officers that nothing will change - EVER. There is no teeth in the state law, so the cities that have illegal laws look like they are going to ignore the state law. The county registration (blue card) laws were left alone, due solely to the pushing by the sheriff. The only thing that will change is for visitors who now have 60 days before they need to 'register' their guns. Those of us that live in Clark county are still stuck with their unconstitutional registration.

We tried, got stabbed in the back by the sheriff but will be back again next session to try once again.
G

Utah permit acceptance

All Utah permit holders will be accepted as legal to carry in Nevada (yes non-res are good to go). I recieved this infornation from a very reliable source who talked to Utah officials directly. My source is a legal expert in the firearms field and instructs LEO through out Ca. He teaches CCW and many pistol, rifle and shotgun courses as well.

If you breeze our calccw.com thread below it contains the pertinent information on page 3. CCWI (instructior) is a highly regarded firearms law expert from within the field.

Link Removed
Nevada Governor signs reciprocity bill - Page 3 - CalCCW

spc;)

Link to Nevada Department Of Public Safety

Out of State Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Recognition

Link Removed

Last edited:
What's the deal with Clark County's "blue card" gun registry? Are non residents required to comply with that?

Joe

What's the deal with Clark County's "blue card" gun registry? Are non residents required to comply with that?

Joe

Yes. Visitors to Clark County still need to comply with the "blue card" registration system.

The SB92 change to NRS 244.364 doesn't really go into effect until 01-01-2008.

After 01-01-2008, non-residents of Clark County have to register their handguns if they are staying more than 60 days in Clark County and residents of Clark County have 72 hours to register their handguns.

Until 01-01-2008, the old system is still in effect. 24 hours to register for residents and non-residents of Clark County.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like Utah requires you to specify the make/model of the guns for your permit. If I got a non-res Utah permit as a NV resident, I guess I could conceal carry any handgun?

It doesn't look like Utah requires you to specify the make/model of the guns for your permit. If I got a non-res Utah permit as a NV resident, I guess I could conceal carry any handgun?

Nevermind, just found NRS 202.3688. Since I'm a resident here, I'm outta luck and have to get a NV permit.

Does Utah require that I take a course there?

You can take the Utah CCW course from a certified UT CCW instructor in other states and mail in your CCW packet.

Be advised that Utah BCI is back logged on processing CCW applications due to soo many being submitted. So, get your class done and submit your packet, but don't expect it for like 2-6 months.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back