ABC News is Airing a 20/20 Special

Speaking of...

That is where I was during the first 45minutes of the show. They had just got 1 case of 9mm Blazer Brass. This was the ONLY ammo they received in the last 2 weeks, so I bought half of it. Then I did some more shopping and later decided to go back and buy the rest. When I got back to the ammo case, someone else was buying 4 boxes, so I bought the last 6. Now the pistol ammo case is EMPTY again.:cray:

But there's a nice new stack of ammo at your house...

Hey, does anyone know the guys at Frontsight? Or maybe another training organization.

This look like a perfect marketing opportunity for them. Reverse the classroom scenario and video it. Have arriving students act (untrained) as the agressors against graduates in the audience.........a more realistic scenario. After all, how many mass shooters are tactical firearm instructors?

The characters in all those scenarios were set up to fail. Did you notice the shirts? It seems to me that they were chosen for their ease of entanglement. What's with Diane shooting a pistol? If she's so anti-gun, why did she have one in her hand? I didn't "get" the point she was trying to make, other than she had a slow reaction time. Well, yeah, what kind of training has she had? I shook my head in disgust throughout the whole show. I'm still shaking my head.

It seems to me you need time and space to deal with a gun armed threat. I wish Stossel would be on thie Friday with Clint Smith, Massad Ayoob and some other folks to provide an intelligent less biased opinion on what it means to own a gun and what it means to carry one either concealed or open. ABC has been a writeoff for a long time so the show really didn't surprise me, I guess it was too much to hope for to take the individuals they made idiots out of and send them to someone like Clint Smith or Massad Ayoob and educate them, then do a followup on how their perspective changed about owning or handling firearms.

~ I shook my head in disgust throughout the whole show. I'm still shaking my head.

+1 GD I was still mumbling still today, the the the the ABC World News had a repeat of the Gun Show segment and It had me all fired up again. The wiphe told me to give it a rest for today. :angry:

I did not get to watch it but from the clip I saw on the news it is most likely for the best. I do not need anything else to get my blood pressure up.

I saw the first 20 seconds of this and quickly left because I knew it would be so incredibly stupid. Today I heard about it from someone I knew that I coincidentally met at a local gun store. Something about a "classroom scenario" with two shooters...so stupid. He pointed out that anyone with half a brain is going to take cover first and shoot after assessing the situation.

Besides, in most cases the massacres are caused by a single, somewhat incompetent gunman, not a coordinated assault team. Even a poor shooter can then walk around the classroom and kill victims at 3 to 5 feet with little difficulty. The guys from Columbine were casually searching under tables in the library, something that would have been much more difficult had their victims been armed with anything at all.

I saw the first 20 seconds of this and quickly left because I knew it would be so incredibly stupid. Today I heard about it from someone I knew that I coincidentally met at a local gun store. Something about a "classroom scenario" with two shooters...so stupid. He pointed out that anyone with half a brain is going to take cover first and shoot after assessing the situation.

Besides, in most cases the massacres are caused by a single, somewhat incompetent gunman, not a coordinated assault team. Even a poor shooter can then walk around the classroom and kill victims at 3 to 5 feet with little difficulty. The guys from Columbine were casually searching under tables in the library, something that would have been much more difficult had their victims been armed with anything at all.

I sent an Email to Dr. Ignatius Piazza at Front Sight regarding the "20/20" and "60 minutes" programming, expressing my distress in the untruths in both programs, and my wish that he and Front Sight would respond to this, his Email back was short and sweet, I will cut and paste his response:

Look for my blog next week.

Ignatius

So I guess I'll just wait and see.:fie:

I believe it be negative. These news programs take all BAD in everything and scare people, why not show the good. people like myself and all you legal gun owners. I did research for a school essay, and the stats were amazing about the good guys and firearms. These reporters hide the fact that since CCW permits have been issued crime in 37 states is at a all time low since the 1970's. I believe guns don't kill, un-balanced people with guns kill! Thats my opinion, be safe

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back