AB143 = law

Quiet

On 05-31-2011, AB143 was signed into law and goes into effect on 10-01-2011.

AB143 changes an aspect of NV CCW laws.

AB143 changes semi-auto pistols into a category.
So, qualify with one semi-auto pistol and you can carry any semi-auto pistol.

The changes goes into effect on 10-01-2011.
Contact your issuing authority (county sheriff CCW detail) on or after that date in order to change your current NV CFP to reflect the new change.

Actually, IF you already have semi-auto on your existing permit, no need to contact your sheriff after it goes into effect.

The NSCA has stated it will be treated the same as when we got the "any revovler" statute.

I must admit that I never thought the Nevada Assembly would ever straighten out the mess. Thankfully, I was wrong.

Thanks for the update.

So it did pass? I am confused lol. Trying to research with a toddler is hard. I thought it got hung up in somewhere.

One thing that I am curious about though is how this bill will affect current permit holders if its signed by the Governor in July?From what I read in the bill, it appears to make no mention at all of existing permits and how they would be handled and appears to only talk about prospective applicants....maye I just read it wrong? Needless to say, if you already have a permit and the law passes, it would be nice to be able to carry any semi-auto pistol that you so choose (as long as you already have the endorsement of course), without having to deal with the hassle of qualifying with the new pistol, paying the additional fees just to add it on and having to redo your permit.

One thing that I am curious about though is how this bill will affect current permit holders if its signed by the Governor in July?From what I read in the bill, it appears to make no mention at all of existing permits and how they would be handled and appears to only talk about prospective applicants....maye I just read it wrong? Needless to say, if you already have a permit and the law passes, it would be nice to be able to carry any semi-auto pistol that you so choose (as long as you already have the endorsement of course), without having to deal with the hassle of qualifying with the new pistol, paying the additional fees just to add it on and having to redo your permit.

Pretty much the full scoop on AB-282: Link Removed

AB-143 was signed by the Governor and becomes effective October 1, 2011.

However, AB-282 in effect supercedes AB-143 because AB-282 incorporates two other important provisions AND becomes effective July 1, 2011.

AB-282 is awaiting the Governors action (we fully expect him to sign it.)

Hi All:
I have been going to the Nevada Legistative site to check on AB 282 and it seems that it is not current. AB 282 is still in enrollment. Where are you getting your info from? I don't dispute your info, I just would like to know where to look for current status.

jimf5

Hi All:
I have been going to the Nevada Legistative site to check on AB 282 and it seems that it is not current. AB 282 is still in enrollment. Where are you getting your info from? I don't dispute your info, I just would like to know where to look for current status.

jimf5

enrollment = passed legislature and sent to governor for signature/veto.

As of 07-15-2011, Governor Sandoval has yet to sign or veto it.

enrollment = passed legislature and sent to governor for signature/veto.

As of 07-15-2011, Governor Sandoval has yet to sign or veto it.
Let's all hope he does. I'm pretty sick of the Nevada legislature and the governors screwing around with this issue.

On 06-17-2011, AB282 was signed into law and goes into effect on 07-01-2011.

AB282 changes several aspects of NV CCW laws.

#1) AB282 changes semi-auto pistols into a category.
AB282 supersedes AB143, therefore the semi-auto firearm category change goes into effect on 07-01-2011, instead of 10-01-2011.

#2) AB282 provides permit holder confidentiality.

#3) AB282 allows permit holders to legally carry in state parks.

#4) AB282 allows permit holders to meet the required qualification for NICS exemptions to firearms transfered via FFL dealer. Actual NICS exemption is pending final approval from BATFE.

Ab 282

AB 282 was signed into law this morning by Governor Sandoval. It all goes into law on July 1st. The only bills that didn't get to final vote and passage was AB231. That was the "campus carry" bill. Every other gun bill passed.

AB282 supersedes AB143, therefore the semi-auto firearm category change goes into effect on 07-01-2011, instead of 10-01-2011.

#3) AB282 allows permit holders to legally carry in state parks.

#4) AB282 allows permit holders to meet the required qualification for NICS exemptions to firearms transfered via FFL dealer. Actual NICS exemption is pending final approval from BATFE.

AB 282 was signed into law this morning by Governor Sandoval. It all goes into law on July 1st. The only bills that didn't get to final vote and passage was AB231. That was the "campus carry" bill. Every other gun bill passed.

Thanks folks for clearing the AB 282 thing up for us. I started trying to follow all the assembly actions and bills, but soon lost track of exactly what was happening to each.

Correction!

#3) AB282 allows permit holders to legally carry in state parks. [Incorrect; see below]

Actually, we already had carry concealed (with permit) in state parks.

AB-282 gives us open carry in state parks. See AB-282 http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/76th2011/Bills/AB/AB282_EN.pdf; Legislative Counsel's Digest says:
Existing law also allows the Administrator of the Division of State Parks of the
State Department of Conservation and Natural Resources to adopt regulations,
including, without limitation, prohibitions and restrictions on activities within parks
or recreational facilities within the jurisdiction of the Division. (NRS 407.0475)
Existing administrative regulations allow a person to carry a concealed firearm in a
state park if the person complies with existing laws concerning the carrying of
concealed weapons
but prohibit a person from discharging a firearm in a state park.
(NAC 407.105) Any person who violates a regulation adopted by the Administrator
is guilty of a misdemeanor. (NRS 407.0475) While existing law prohibits the
discharge of a firearm under various circumstances, it also provides certain
defenses for violating such provisions by allowing a person to make sufficient
resistance to prevent the occurrence of certain offenses. (NRS 202.280-202.290,
193.230-193.250)
Section 5 of this bill prohibits the Administrator from adopting any regulation
concerning the possession of firearms in state parks or recreational facilities which
is more restrictive than the laws of this State relating to: (1) the possession of
firearms
; and (2) engaging in lawful resistance to prevent an offense against a
person or property. Section 5 also voids any regulation which conflicts with such
laws

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back