AAHHH one of those days.....

KimberPB

Any of you guys have those days at work were you wish you could just say screw this place, leave, and never come back? Ya thats today for me. I've been telling my manager for the past year that I can automate a lot of our testing. That is something I like, have experience in, and would help the team as a whole. I've even created a couple custom script that have already saved us about 400 man hours a year. Well, he got approval to hire a contractor and is on a kick to get someone to automate some of our testing. So after another week and a few more emails telling him I can and want to do this, I'm sitting in a meeting with him and another lead to go over how the interviews went. (Yes he had me help with the interviews ....... :blink::angry::blink:) My lead brings up the fact that we could just free me up and see how much I could get automated in the next 6 months. To which my manager replies "Well we really need to bring in an expert someone that knows how to do this and can hit the ground running." So I guess doing automated testing in the past and writing a custom script that automated a process that saved us 400 man hours isn't enough. :wacko:

Its just been one of those days. Sorry to vent just figured one of you may be having one of those days to and would feel better knowing I'm in the same boat.

I know what you mean. I have had more than one of them in my life time. Guess that is what I get for not being wealthy. Take heart. Maybe next week will be better.

PB, I've had at least one of those days every workweek for the last 3 years, so you have my sympathy.

I know exactly what you mean, KimberPB. I am a security guard, one of the most boring jobs imaginable. If it weren't for the newspaper I brought to work with me every day, I'd lose my friggin' mind. Too bad I don't have a computer to log on to while I'm there though; however, the thought of logging on to USA Carry when I get off keeps me somewhat sane.

I feel Your pain, BUT as long as I wake up in the morning to see My Family and come home to see them and everyone is healthy, work can still kiss my ass. Worry about Your Family and Health and just keep smiling. It'll make You feel better. :happy:

I feel Your pain, BUT as long as I wake up in the morning to see My Family and come home to see them and everyone is healthy, work can still kiss my ass. Worry about Your Family and Health and just keep smiling. It'll make You feel better. :happy:

I agree 100%. In my previous post, I probably should have also included keeping God first. As long as I recognize that he is the reason I'm here, I'll always have something to look forward to. He's the other reason I have not yet lost my mind.

If you want to see absurdity and waste, go work at a government agency. The place where I work has a huge building fund and no personnel fund, so they regularly break up sidewalk and create sidewalk in new and interesting ways. We now have far more wheelchair and cart ramps than we will ever use. Rooms get renovated left and right and painted for no particular reason.

Numerous departments and positions have been created simply because the money was available. It's a "spend now, find something useful for them to do later" mentality. Other departments are being kept on life support at great expense, even though they serve no one, just to prevent the loss of certain positions or assets that have questionable usefulness to begin with.

If you want to see absurdity and waste, go work at a government agency. The place where I work has a huge building fund and no personnel fund, so they regularly break up sidewalk and create sidewalk in new and interesting ways. We now have far more wheelchair and cart ramps than we will ever use. Rooms get renovated left and right and painted for no particular reason.

Numerous departments and positions have been created simply because the money was available. It's a "spend now, find something useful for them to do later" mentality. Other departments are being kept on life support at great expense, even though they serve no one, just to prevent the loss of certain positions or assets that have questionable usefulness to begin with.

Our tax funds in action.

Government solicits bids for White House Fence repairs:

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House in DC: One is from Chicago, another is from Virginia and the third, is from Alabama. All three go with a White House official to examine the fence.
The Virginia contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says, "I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me."
The Alabama contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me."
The Chicago contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, "$2,700."
The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"
The Chicago contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Alabama to fix the fence."
"Done!" replies the government official. And that, my friends, is how government contracting works!

Government solicits bids for White House Fence repairs:

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House in DC: One is from Chicago, another is from Virginia and the third, is from Alabama. All three go with a White House official to examine the fence.
The Virginia contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says, "I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me."
The Alabama contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me."
The Chicago contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, "$2,700."
The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"
The Chicago contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Alabama to fix the fence."
"Done!" replies the government official. And that, my friends, is how government contracting works!

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Shouldn't you have named the Chicago contractor Rod Blagojevich?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back