A Vehicle Gun?

When needed, I just carry a BUG crossdraw at 9:00.
It's easily obtainable,& the seat belt doesn't get in the way.
But here in Mi., I can have one on the dash if I want to.

The down side to having a weapon loose in a moving vehicle is it can become unobtainable quickly if in an accident or an evasive maneuver is necessary. Worst case, it can become a projectile inside the vehicle and do more damage to the occupants. Being secured to your person or the vehicle would be best. This is not intended as a jab at you missoak, I know you made the dash comment just to make a point.

A secure mounting place is probably your best bet... A holster mounted under the dash or on the console somewhere like others have stated..... You can never have too many firearms available within reach... well, once they start interfering with the safe operation of your vehicle it might be time to stop adding them....

If I'm ever on your property, I hope we are never in a situation where you'd be examining my under attire! Not that I wear pink, just that I would have no intention of having any under garments exposed!

For normal errands around town I just use my EDC. But for cross-country travel I carry a Bond Arms Snake Slayer in the Bond driving holster. It does not interfere with the seat belt or harness, and when I pull the gun from the holster is is pointed right at the window. It's only two shots, but I figure that's enough to scare off or eliminate threat, or to drive away.

Have resided in some large metropolitan areas over the years and have always made a point of being aware what is going on around me when I am stopped for anything.
~
If I were to be approached by someone other than an officer while stopped, I would be clearing my weapon in case I would need to remove from it's holster. Mind you I normal carry open @ 3 o'clock with a forward cant which means I would only have to flip back a coat were I wearing one at the time (when I get in a car I usually clear my weapon of any obstruction that would prevent my access and my belt doesn't interfere with access either).
~
So I don't really understand what would be the problem. If you are exercising your situational awareness, you will have know if there is a problem or a person that will need you attention. If the way you carry is that much of problem when you drive, this could indicate you need to adjust you method or practice to better suit your overall needs.
~
My thinking is this; you only have to solve the problems you allow yourself to get into in the first place.

Have resided in some large metropolitan areas over the years and have always made a point of being aware what is going on around me when I am stopped for anything.
~
If I were to be approached by someone other than an officer while stopped, I would be clearing my weapon in case I would need to remove from it's holster. Mind you I normal carry open @ 3 o'clock with a forward cant which means I would only have to flip back a coat were I wearing one at the time (when I get in a car I usually clear my weapon of any obstruction that would prevent my access and my belt doesn't interfere with access either).
~
So I don't really understand what would be the problem. If you are exercising your situational awareness, you will have know if there is a problem or a person that will need you attention. If the way you carry is that much of problem when you drive, this could indicate you need to adjust you method or practice to better suit your overall needs.
~
My thinking is this; you only have to solve the problems you allow yourself to get into in the first place.

a recipe for disaster, do you think all cops wear their costume when out and about?

a recipe for disaster, do you think all cops wear their costume when out and about?
First off, I try staying out of areas that would cause me concern, if he is an officer out of uniform he best be making his intentions known, otherwise he is just another thug with a gun on the street.
~
Over the years I have paid for the consequences of my action and I am willing to continue to do so, until I am no longer around to do so.
~
Hesitation can kill the best among us. You are either aware or you are at someone else's mercy.

I was wondering about having a vehicle gun. I say this because I saw, while sitting at an intersection, a guy walking who approached a car across the street. This guy walked up to the driver's window and I assume asked for money, because I could see the driver shaking his head & waving him off. I had the thought: "If the driver is carrying concealed and his firearm in on his right side, under his seatbelt, would he have time to react & draw if this guy attempted to smash his window and/or attack him". A Vehicle gun lying in the passenger seat or in the console could possibly save a life. Also, let's say that you are carrying and you leave your firearm out while driving just to be safe. However, when you get to a store for instance, you to holster your weapon. And then unholster when you get back into your vehicle. This could get tiresome if your have to make several stops. You could keep your carry weapon holstered and use your vehicle weapon for "driving protection".What are some opinions on this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using USA Carry mobile app

If you think that scenario is scary, try being a left handed driver with that happening. Due to seat contour, interior door pane design and the seat belt, I have no hope at all of getting to my carry gun (carried IWB just behind my left hipbone) when behind the wheel and I know it.

That's why I only buy vehicles with center consoles and there's a large bore revolver in a holster mounted to the inside of said console any time I leave the house.

Some will say that you can't always move because you might have a vehicle in front of you. Personally I never pull up too close to the vehicle in front of me; always leave space to get out if you need to. If nothing else pull forward and bump the car in front then reverse and bump the car behind you. I would think this will make most bad guys who wish you harm to want to flee the area because too much attention has been drawn to your vehicle. You also now get to avoid any negative publicity that comes with using a firearm to defend yourself.

He then flees and you have struck the car in front and back, insurance cost more than having hand on weapon.

Wouldn't want that thing flying around the cabin when (not if) that jackalope T-bones you at an intersection within 10 miles of your home. Also agree that a visible weapon is an inducement to smash and grab.

IMHO there is no reason anything needs to be flying around a vehicle cabin and your weapon doesn't have to be clearly visible to be accessible.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back