A righteous commutation

wuzfuz

This morning, as the talking heads carried on like today's events in Washington DC were the second coming. They revealed the most intelligent, compassionate move by any politician in history. As his final official act as president of the United States. George W. Bush commuted the sentences of the two former Border Patrol agents who were sentenced to prison for doing their job as they should have done. Many of us have felt for some time that the two men should have received a total pardon, but we will accept a commutation of sentence.

Already being discussed in another thread. But a commutation is not good enough. I'm sure Ramos and Compean will welcome being released from prison. But they will remain unemployed convicted felons with records. Bush blew it big-time on this, and I am wondering why.

Appeals? I certainly hope so. And a lawsuit? I certainly hope so, too.

Already being discussed in another thread. But a commutation is not good enough. I'm sure Ramos and Compean will welcome being released from prison. But they will remain unemployed convicted felons with records. Bush blew it big-time on this, and I am wondering why.

Appeals? I certainly hope so. And a lawsuit? I certainly hope so, too.

Agreed! Bush blew this one. Those two BP Agents are happy to be back home with their loved ones. I hope they go after the US GOVT with the full force of Blind Justice behind them! I hope they sue the crap out of the Govt and live a comfortable and prosperous life. Iwould like to personally thank them for their service to our country.....also all of those BP Agents out there....a big shout out to ypu....THANK YOU!

Surfcc

Isn't the Prosecutor in this case one of Bush's buddies? If so, and Bush had pardoned them, he would have been going against his buddy.

Isn't the Prosecutor in this case one of Bush's buddies? If so, and Bush had pardoned them, he would have been going against his buddy.

I think it has more to do with kowtowing to Mexico than support of his buddy but this Prosecutor as I remember has been involved in a number of questionable prosecutions. Several of the charges against these good public servants have already been thrown out and I believe the main one is being presented to the SC.:frown:

I think it has more to do with kowtowing to Mexico than support of his buddy but this Prosecutor as I remember has been involved in a number of questionable prosecutions. Several of the charges against these good public servants have already been thrown out and I believe the main one is being presented to the SC.:frown:

Well, I fully believe these two should never have been charged, let alone convicted.

Well, I fully believe these two should never have been charged, let alone convicted.

I completely agree. Our Border Patrol is entirely too PC and have their hands tied to the point of putting the Agents in jeopardy. This kind of bogus prosecution means that even more hesitation will take place in confrontations and even more Agents will be in greater jeopardy.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back