A request

unevrno

Hi, Everyone!

I have a favor to ask.

I have entered a design for an aircraft paint scheme for my favorite
videogame series, Ace Combat’s upcoming new title, Assault Horizon.

According to the advertising, the winner will get his (or her) design
put into the game before it is released.

How cool is that?

So, I’m asking everyone I can (that has a Facebook account) to go
to the Facebook link given here

Ace Combat Assault Horizon: Skin Design Contest on Facebook

And vote, hopefully, for my design. It is number 131, has my name
on it and looks like this….

Link Removed

Also, get this out to everyone you can. The contest runs for another
30 days, and the more votes the better!

Thanks,
Trent

I like it.
Is that game available on PC?
Been looking for a game like Aces over ________ ever since windows 95

Not that I know of for certain. The game started as Air Combat, back in the 90s on the original Playstation. Ace Combat 2 and Ace Combat 3 - Electrosphere followed suit through the 90s and into the 21st century.

With the advent of the Playstation 2, with it's superior graphics and gameplay technology, Ace Combat 4 - Shattered Skies, set the benchmark for fighter combat games.

In 2004, Ace Combat 5 -The Unsung War was released, with over 30 missions, and was, I believe the most successful Ace Combat title. Ace Combat Zero, a throwback in time, followed, each new title featuring improved graphics and gameplay options.

Ace Combat 6 - Fires of Liberation, was the first title to be released on a next generation gaming system, with it's exclusive release on the XBox360, for the first time featuring online multiplayer combat in the sky, just like HALO3, Call of Duty and Medal of Honor had for the ground pounders.

Several titles were also released on the portable gaming systems, such as the PSX and Gameboy systems, but they were pale shadows of what was taking place on the consoles.

Now, in an effort to bolster sagging sales, NAMCO-Bandai are releasing a 'reboot' of the franchise. Gone is the 'strangereal' universe of before, with it's rich and knowledgable fan base. Ace Combat: Assault Horizon will take place in the 'real' world of here and now, with unprecedented new gameplay and graphics, and will release, we think sometime this year, on both the XBox360 and the PS3.

If you check YouTube for 'Assault Horizon', you can see the trailers that have been released. Yes, that is actual gameplay you're watching, with a killer soundtrack and.....well, I hope to have a 65" LCD screen in my living room before it releases. :D

The aircraft skin contest I originally mentioned is something that the development team, known for 15 years as Project Aces, has dreamed up to create greater interest in the coming title.

I almost think I have heard of emulators you can get that would enable you to play this game on the P.C., but I have no knowledge past that rumor. You can check the threads at acecombatskies.com, my home forum, for further information. If you can stand a bunch of smart-ass teeners and young adults, there's a lot of knowledge in those snotty-attitude minds. <LOL>

Good Luck.

Thanks Rabbitcreek! Right now, I show 11 votes. :help:

Considering that the leader is over 130 votes, mine has some catching up to do. :laugh:

The leader's design is artistically good, no argument there. The author is a member of a forum that I help moderate. He's quite talented, but seems to think that his talent makes up for his delinquent attitude.

He plans to use multiple designs to take the contest, first, second and third place. He has another design that went up after mine...already has 50 votes. If you look at it (#157) you can guess the main demographic of the game's supporters.....kinda like all those teeners who mess their panties over Twilight.

Sorry, too personal. I never did like vampires, horror movies, etc. I feel my design is recognizable to older Air Force veterans, whom I'd love to get voting for me. :victory:

Spread the word! Down with smart-ass kids! :laugh:

Outstanding GAME! I have played it for years (PS1) and up. Fires of Liberation was outstanding! The best part is the air-ground missions, I love blowing up ground targets! I love how you can track and watch your bombs as they fall to the target. I have hated from the start(PS1) the SYFY crap they put in the games. Laser beams and huge bosses, in my mind it takes away from the game. The same can be said about the totally unrealistic missions they like to add to the games. Such as in 6 when you have to fly under ground to blow up the laser cannon. I love how it allows you to look out (up,down,left,right etc..) from the cockpit while turning your head. It's 1000X better then Top Gun on Nintendo! I want more air-ground missions and less SYFY crap and the game would be OUTSTANDING!

If you've never used it, AC6 has a great replay system. You can turn off the voice and music if you want, see a dozen differing viewpoints, even your wingmen's. My favorite is PASS mode....always passing shots of your aircraft, in your mission, doing what you told it to do while you were flying the level. This year they added speed control; L1 slows it down, R1 speeds it up.....you ain't seen nothing until you're in a Strike Eagle, at low altitude (under 500 feet AGL) over Bartolomeo Fortress, seeing yourself in slow-motion coming out of the blast from a 'stick' that you just dropped on an enemy target. Some guys make movies out of these.

Don't forget to vote in the aircraft skin contest! :wink:

If you've never used it, AC6 has a great replay system. You can turn off the voice and music if you want, see a dozen differing viewpoints, even your wingmen's. My favorite is PASS mode....always passing shots of your aircraft, in your mission, doing what you told it to do while you were flying the level. This year they added speed control; L1 slows it down, R1 speeds it up.....you ain't seen nothing until you're in a Strike Eagle, at low altitude (under 500 feet AGL) over Bartolomeo Fortress, seeing yourself in slow-motion coming out of the blast from a 'stick' that you just dropped on an enemy target. Some guys make movies out of these.

Don't forget to vote in the aircraft skin contest!

I have used the replay a few times, it's not really for me. Like I said The best part to me is the air-ground and being able to hold and bomb key down and watch it fall to the target. You can do the same thing with your missiles but it's not as cool.

I think one of my best memories was playing this game with my brother. He was hot on my tail and I was trying to get him off. So I dove hard and fast to the ground, he followed me down and stayed with me the whole time. At the last second I hit the air brake and pulled up hard, he flew right by me and into the ground LOL.

Online play for six was alittle better but overall it was still BLA! I think they should allow you to form a strikeforce . Players should be able to choose if they are going to take out the ground targets, or cover the ground attack fighters in the air in air-air combat. First team to destroy the other teams ground forces win the round. I do not want to see them go to a COD style of game play. What I mean by that is way to much going on to shoot targets, all you can do is "spray and pray."

Players should be able to choose if they are going to take out the ground targets, or cover the ground attack fighters in the air in air-air combat. First team to destroy the other teams ground forces win the round.

I think a couple of the downloadable matches do that.....NTM there are 4 co-op missions where you and 3 of your friends fly the hardest missions against the A.I.s. I run a 'squadron' forum where I'm still trying to herd cats to get my people all online at the same time. Other squadrons have been more successful at fielding online multiplayer combat teams.

Now, for you all, an excellent YouTube video of another of my favorite games. Full-screen and volume up, please. :)

Enjoy.

I think a couple of the downloadable matches do that.....NTM there are 4 co-op missions where you and 3 of your friends fly the hardest missions against the A.I.s. I run a 'squadron' forum where I'm still trying to herd cats to get my people all online at the same time. Other squadrons have been more successful at fielding online multiplayer combat teams.

Now, for you all, an excellent YouTube video of another of my favorite games. Full-screen and volume up, please. :)

YouTube - Christopher Tin - Baba Yetu (Official Music Video)

Enjoy.

If I till had my 360 I would be all over that. :biggrin:

I note 266 views of this topic.

I have 21 votes as of this morning.

C'mon, people! Help me honor our Cold War air defense forces by voting for this skin, number 131, at Ace Combat Assault Horizon: Skin Design Contest on Facebook

* salute *

I think the problem is a lot of them do not have face book. I know I don't use any kind of stalker space. Or I would have voted for it. Now if you could transfer votes from this forum over to it. You would have those 200+ views turned into votes.

LOL! If only.

Then again, most of the members probably have children who have facebook........(hint, hint)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

28 votes! Way to go!

Of course the leader is closing in on 500.......<LOL>

@ jlanger (banned already, dude?) the Ace Combat series is only currently available for the Sony Playstation, Playstation 2 and Microsoft's XBox360 gaming consoles, plus a couple of the handhelds, including, I hear, Nintendo's new 3DS.

The upcoming title, Assault Horizon, will be released on the XBox360 and the Playstation 3.

Thanks for your interest!
unevrno

OK, the design submission phase has ended, with over 800 designs submitted. The voting phase will end Saturday, April 9th.

NAMCO-Bandai says that the Top 10 voted designs will be submitted to the development team for a decision as to which design(s) get included in the upcoming game, to be released later this year.

Here is MY forum's splash page and the promotional copy I added to the Facebook wall.

Link Removed

At last count, I was in 13th place!

Please go here (this is a direct link to my design so you can vote, rather than paging through hundreds of designs to find mine)....

Link Removed

...and place your vote for my design.

Let's....make....history!

Thanks for your support,
Trent

Well, boys and girls, we did not make history. <LOL!>

Other contestants were making their pitches as well, and I think I stayed in 13th place.

Still, it was fun to do, and I appreciate the support I received from everyone.

:)

If anything, you learned how hard it is to drum up support for something.
It's tough to get some people to go vote, even that doesn't take much effort on their part.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back