A money question.

Oregon Vet

NRA Life Since 03/1985
For those who aren't living paycheck to paycheck, have you thought about taking at least some of your money out of the bank until after the election?

That wasn't funny in Argentina when everyone "lost" their money a few years ago.

That could happen here, but what are the odds?

I have payroll to meet twice a month and if the government puts a "freeze" on the banks, we are all going to be a hurting.

Would rather have it in a coffee can buried somewhere than in a locked up bank.

That sounds paranoid, but that was HARD WORK making that money to have someone take it for free.

And Obama talking about redistributing the wealth in America... and giving tax refunds to people who have never paid a dimes worth of taxes in their lives.

With Obama's ties to terrorists, the mafia and ACORN all over the Internet and I go to see my Doctor the other day and he says "Isn't it neat, when Obama gets in as President, America will become a great place to live, Obama is such an intelligent man, he will straighten out this mess we are in quickly."

The guy that just gave $800,000.00 of his campaign funds to ACORN?

Are there 2 Obamas? A good one and a bad one?

And I'll bet if he took everyone's money, he would keep all of his and then some.

I want to keep mine. Do you want to keep yours? Leave it in the bank and not worry about it?

If your doctor is that stupid or gullible then it is time to find another doctor... N it was triple digit inflation that messed them up, so go buy a bunch of silver coins or bars if you want something that will not loose it's value, you can buy them at any coin dealer, gold is nice but you often have to pay a buyers premium.

Last edited:
As long as you have a balance of $100,000 or less, you'll be fine; the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation insures all bank deposits up to that amount; I do believe that amount is due to go up to $250,000 with the passage of the bailout bill, however.

If your doctor is that stupid or gullible then it is time to find another doctor... N it was triple digit inflation that messed them up, so go buy a bunch of silver coins or bars if you want something that will not loose it's value, you can buy them at any coin dealer, gold is nice but you often have to pay a buyers premium.

Can't do that! Just found him. He is RARE... FIRST Doctor who has ever listened to me. Just can't talk to him about politics, he seems to be retarded concerning politics. LOTS of people that way it seems.

Yeah, I thought about putting 20K into gold. Guess I will just ride out the election. Like Tat says, it is protected by Fed ... oops, if the Feds go sideways on us, that probably doesn't do us any good. :) How funny we are. McCain better make it.

Yeah, let's hope we don't get into even the double digit inflation. Double digit interest was bad enough.

Thanks for the reply.

Can't do that! Just found him. He is RARE... FIRST Doctor who has ever listened to me. Just can't talk to him about politics, he seems to be retarded concerning politics. LOTS of people that way it seems.

Yeah, I thought about putting 20K into gold. Guess I will just ride out the election. Like Tat says, it is protected by Fed ... oops, if the Feds go sideways on us, that probably doesn't do us any good. :) How funny we are. McCain better make it.

Yeah, let's hope we don't get into even the double digit inflation. Double digit interest was bad enough.

Thanks for the reply.

What I failed to mention in my last post, however, is that, due to the falling U.S. dollar, having only cash assets is generally not a good idea. Putting 20k into gold, which has appreciated in value in the past several years, sounds like a good idea.

Thanks for the reply.

Precious metals have ALWAYS been a good investment in any environment and especially in this one.
your 20K will get you a lot more now that the prices of Gold and Silver are down.
go for it.......

Yes, I'm going to try to swing that. I have so much going on right now. Need to hire someone to help me with the bookkeeping, but I am a picky guy when it comes to employees. Be a BIG bonus to find a wife/partner for one, someone who enjoyed numbers, enjoyed learning, enjoyed shooting, photos and guns, both, enjoyed computers too, then it would be two of us against the world instead of just me making a go of it on my own.

Yes, metals are down right now. A good thing to buy. Especially after reading such good news as the new thread HK4U put up:

Spending Our Way Into Oblivion

Bunch of stupid, money hungry people we have running our country. :(

Link Removed

The USA COULD go down the drain pretty fast. You can't spend, spend, SPEND, SPEND, SPEND and not get into trouble. Idiots. Just like big companies.

Like the idiots buying the houses. $300,000 house for $1,100PI a month with an ARM @ 2%. And then 3-4 years go by and it jumps to $1,600PI @ 5% and then at 5 years goes to 8% and their house payment of just PI(Principle and Interest, don't forget taxes and insurance on top of this number!) goes to $2,200!!

IDIOTS... How many out of a million people is going to be making $1,100 MORE a MONTH wages in 5 years to cover it? IF they were making $3,300 a month when they bought it, $1,100 was a THIRD of their income. DON'T FORGET, with Property Taxes and Insurance it was probably $2,000 a month at the start. Better be 2 income family, for sure.

Now, we do the old COL (cost of living) increase for their wages at work and bingo, 3% for 5 years on $3,300 = $3,825 at the end of 5 years. Only $500 more a month and they need $1,100 more a month.

BYE BYE house. Oh, PLEASE somebody, HELP ME KEEP MY HOUSE. PLEASE DON'T HOLD ME BEING STUPID AND BELIEVING IN THE FAIRY GOD MOTHER WHEN I BOUGHT THE HOUSE AGAINST ME.

Buy out time... 800 BILLION dollars and it is doubtful it will help even 1 or 2% of those people keep their houses they should have NEVER tried to buy in the first place. STUPID DEMOCRATS and their passing laws forcing the banks to make the loans anyway. Started with Carter, the Clinton "improved" on it when he was in.

Now us poor tax payers take it in the shorts. The buy out was done the WRONG way... who pays? Not the rich guys.

You and I do.

Do the poor, dumb people learn from it? NO, of course not.

It is us poor people who live within our means, even IF we DO live to paycheck to paycheck just about, but STILL within our means. WE are the ones who pay the bill for the buy out.

Now Obama comes along and says "he is going to redistribute the wealth in America."

Something is going to BREAK... can't keep spending, spending, SPENDING.

I do not have a lot of money to worry about but think I will invest some in food and other must have supplies and ammo because I think times are going to get very bad no matter who wins but even more so if Nobama does.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back