a MANIFESTO, Need your help and input

ok here is the first draft everyone, please pass it around to as many people as you can,, because i believer that we can start something new. i enabled it so that anyone can post so post away on it.

Home of the Patriot party.

Manifesto question

Your blog wouldn't let me post a comment so I am doing so here. The declarations you make are not all that different from those in the platform of the Libertarian Party. What major or minor key points, if any, do you offer that distinguishes yours from its?

gdcleanfun

The following is excerpted from Libertarian Party (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Quote: ...
Key tenets of the Libertarian Party platform include the following:[5]

* Adoption of laissez-faire principles which would reduce the state's role in the economy. This would include, among other things, markedly reduced taxation, privatization of Social Security and welfare (for individuals, as well as elimination of "corporate welfare"), markedly reduced regulation of business, rollbacks of labor regulations, and reduction of government interference in foreign trade.
* Protection of property rights.
* Minimal government bureaucracy. The Libertarian Party states that the government's responsibilities should be limited to the protection of individual rights from the initiation of force and fraud.
* Strong civil liberties positions, including privacy protection, freedom of speech, freedom of association, and sexual freedom.
* Opposition to civil rights laws that regulate the private sector, such as affirmative action and non-discrimination laws.
* Support for the unrestricted right to the means of self-defense (such as gun rights, the right to carry mace or pepper spray, etc).
* Abolition of laws against "victimless crimes" (such as prostitution, driving without a seatbelt, use of controlled substances, fraternization, etc.).
* Opposition to regulations on how businesses should run themselves (e.g., smoking bans)
* A foreign policy of free trade and non-interventionism.
* Support for a fiscally responsible government including a hard currency (commodity-based money supply as opposed to fiat currency).
* Abolition of all forms of taxpayer-funded assistance (welfare, food stamps, public housing, Health care, etc.)
* The issues on which the party is most divided are intellectual property and capital punishment.[citation needed]
* The party officially is pro-choice on the issue of abortion[6], although many party members do not agree with this viewpoint.
End Quote.

Last edited:
“Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame, with conquering limbs astride from land to land; here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand a mighty woman with a torch, whose flame is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame, "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"” The New Colossus, by Emma Lazarus.
That poem is engraved on a plaque at the statue of liberty, and it contains within it the true ideals of the United States. She does not say give me your liberals and conservatives, but “your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,” and that is what the country is, the poor, the tired, and the many. There are more than just two kinds of people in this country, where at a time everyone had a true voice, and anyone could go and effect change in the country. But unfortunately that has been an ideal that was long forgotten. It has fallen to two groups to truly lead us, but why was this done? Perhaps it was the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition, and who is at fault for giving us this black and white view? The politicians? No, to find the ones responsible you need only look at yourselves.
But why, why leave it to the select few to run your lives? If one person believes they can do something, then that effects another and another and another. The strength of the nation is behind its ideas, its ideals, not its weapons or population. It was these types of beliefs that this country was founded on, by just a few men and women, just a few patriots. That’s why this country needs a new party, a new group where real Americans that have been baptized in life’s trials can stand up and say, “this is what we believe” and it can truly be heard, a party of patriots.
There is always talk amongst pundits and pollsters who say someone has very liberal views or conservative views. As if to be a republican means you have to be one way or another. The Patriot party will be the party that can redefine and shatter all the accepted norms. It will have New England conservatives and Texas liberals, American men and women who want more than a handshake and a smile. It will be a party comprised of people who, instead of spending months splitting hairs about how something is phrased, would rather work to give her true freedom instead of the illusion of freedom.
Some of the basic beliefs of the party are the original freedoms given by the founding fathers. Beginning with speech, there will real freedom of speech. All to often these days you have people being sued or fired or bullied merely because they wanted to speak their mind. Allowing this to happen means that people have the freedom of speech as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else’s. When we were children it use to be that sticks and stones would break our bones but words would never hurt you. But now its sticks and stones will break our bones but words will devastate our inner child forever. Allowing these practices to continue inherently limits our free speech to “acceptable” speech. Free speech is given and it is unconstitutional to let anything impede that right. You have the right to say whatever you like, just the way others have the same right to disagree.
The second amendment, one of the most discussed rights after the first amendment, as an American you have the right to bear arms. Not to say it shouldn’t be regulated but ever person has the right to defend themselves their property, and others from harm. There was debate that it was for the formation of a regulated militia. But if someone breaks into your house and is holding a gun to your family you cannot wait for the National Guard to arrive. The parties platform on the second amendment is that, quite simply, if you wish do bear arms, then you are granted that right.
The party also believes that there should really be less government and state intervention when it comes to matters of people’s personal lives. To name a few examples, gay marriage, seat belt laws, smoking and abortion. All of which are subjects that have been debated discussed and fought over constantly. First off, gay marriage is a lifestyle chosen by people. It is just that it’s a personal choice so people have to right to choose whatever they would like, to live the way they want. As for marriage, the church originally instituted it, so the party’s stance on marriage is that the government will recognize whatever a couples church says. If their church approves and allows it then the state will abide. The separation of church and state will be maintained.
Next are the seat belt laws, currently it is a law that you must wear a seatbelt in the car. Its known that seatbelts save lives but people should have the freedom to be stupid. It’s their choice to not wear something that would help them. The idea being that the moment government tells you what you should be doing in your own car, is the moment it oversteps its boundaries. Government is to protect and serve the people, not subject and order them. Next is smoking, there is education on the harmful effects of smoking but if someone chooses to do it anyway then its their right. They should be allowed to smoke indoors and at restaurants, all be it in separate areas so that those who choose not to smoke aren’t subjected to it. To force smokers to stand outside or huddled in a corner of a certain area is to create an unofficial kind of class system.
This next issue is perhaps one of the most debated, and it is the issue of abortion. Allot of people say that its murder where as just as many say a woman has the right to choose. There in lies the rub, the tyranny of the masses so to speak. Just because a large group does not like something, does not give them the right to impose their views on others. If you do not agree with abortion then you do not have to get one. Though one has a choice to abstain and one has the choice of acting like an adult and living with the consequences of their actions. But it is a razors edge; abortions should still remain costly to stave off the chance that people will use it as an alternative to contraceptives. Another risk if the price was lowered and it was in fact used instead of a contraceptive is that there will be a greater likelihood of the rampant spread of STDs.
Now the party also has a brand new outlook on foreign policies. All to often this great country finds itself in a position where we help one group or country and it angers another. Where as if we don’t help the country we anger others. Think of it as a damned if you do damned if you don’t kind of situation, just on a global scale. So when it comes to the rest of the world, our ideas are simple, there is only two types of aid we will be given to the global community, medical aid and agriculture aid. We will educate the nations of the world on how to grow crops to feed their people, as well as provide them with the tools to do so. We will also educate everyone on how to diagnose and treat all types of illnesses and how to help heal their people. On top of this knowledge they will also be given the tools necessary to do this task, supplies and medication. We will not fund any nation and we will not enter into armed conflict unless we are attacked or it is to stop a crime against humanity, such as genocides.
As far as defense is concerned the party believes that a large amount of the national budget should be devoted to the research and development of tools that would aid in the defense of the nation. As a result of our new international policies, our military will be able to defend our country and our people, and if it calls for it, they will also protect those who cannot protect themselves in nations abroad, one such example would be Darfur. Though there will be outcry by some that we should in fact fight with one nation against another, the united states will not take part in a war against another nation unless it directly involves the US.
The party is going to streamline government an their policies so that it can be understood by everyone in the nation. There will be no more splitting hairs over tiny parts of rights, there will be no more time wasted in filibusters or campaigning for frivolous activities that do not benefit the country. This way everyone will be able to understand their government, everyone will be able to make their own decisions, there will be no more big brother looking over your shoulder, and the government will not hold a persons hand through their entire lives.
With the two party system you are given order, you are given peace, but at what cost? All that was asked for in return was obedience, and silence. End the silence, and remember that which has been long forgotten. The poor the tired the huddled masses, all have a voice, all have a right, and now, the ability within a party to make it heard.

( i would have added more, and will, but i could only make it 5 pages.)

Tell ya what...if your political party actually supports the 2A and believes the Second Amendment is something that is not outdated and is not "something of the past". I'll write you in on the presidential election on Nov. 4th

I am outraged at the fact that a president might be getting into office that could severely CRUSH our rights.

Anyways back on topic.

I like Lions for Liberty...sounded good to me

I was going to say this!!

+1

guys i got this up on the blog link, here it is again, Home of the Patriot party. comment on it, change it up, and who knows we could make a go of it, and maybe msnbc will report about my facebook page too!! because its so important

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back