A Glimpse Into The Afterlife

Can we get a summary? Maybe a line or two from the article? So we can decide if we want to click the click bait?

heaven or hell.

Often the question is asked, “How could a God of love permit such a place as hell to exist, let alone send people there?

I was brought up to believe people earned their way up or down, by the way they chose to live. Righteous up, evil down. God made the rules, people chose their direction.

I was brought up to believe people earned their way up or down, by the way they chose to live. Righteous up, evil down. God made the rules, people chose their direction.

Once again proving you never actually read your Bible which states quite clearly that you can't "earn" your way into heaven

Eph. 2:8&9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Isaiah 64:6King James Version (KJV)
6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Rom. 3:20, 28)--"because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin

Maybe the word "earn" was not the best choice of words, but maybe "live" would be better. You can go to church every Sunday and still not live a righteous life, and not be saved. I am not a Bible "quoter". I have read it several times, but don't go around spouting quotes at others.

Maybe the word "earn" was not the best choice of words, but maybe "live" would be better. You can go to church every Sunday and still not live a righteous life, and not be saved.

The Apostle Paul identified himself as "The chief of sinners" and you claim to be righteous? The Bible says there is none righteous. No not one.

I am not a Bible "quoter". I have read it several times, but don't go around spouting quotes at others.

IDK if I wanted to know how to be saved would I be better off going to the Bible or asking you?

God's salvation isn't inside the Bible nor can it be given by another person but both can help point the way.

I did not say I was righteous. You assumed that. Salvation is an individual thing. No one can get it for you and you cannot get it for anyone else. It is up to you alone.

What are some things that we can expect from God when we choose to believe and accept His son, Jesus? The Word says, “WE ARE the righteousness of God IN Christ.” 2 Corinthians 5:21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. ALL who are "Born Again" are righteous in the sight of God.

What are some things that we can expect from God when we choose to believe and accept His son, Jesus? The Word says, “WE ARE the righteousness of God IN Christ.” 2 Corinthians 5:21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. ALL who are "Born Again" are righteous in the sight of God.

No disagreement whatsoever but this righteousness is not the product of our own efforts ( as some are implying) it is imputed to us through Grace.

I did not say I was righteous. You assumed that. Salvation is an individual thing. No one can get it for you and you cannot get it for anyone else. It is up to you alone.

If you've read the Bible as many times as you say you have perhaps you should consider a plain English translation. Maybe the Good News translation to start out

John 14:6 KJV "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.. No one comes to the Father, except through me. ... He will take of the things of Christ and show them unto us, and He will impart them … ... 'Let not your heart be troubled ... believe in God, believe also in Me."

The only thing we can take with us that will be counted as good is are "works" upon leaving the flesh and returning to the Father..

Had a discussion with a co-worker the other day, who stated that the bible is a factual historical document, to be followed to to the letter.
I asked him how he reconciled the things that have been proven as not factual. He said there were none.
I provided examples.
He couldn't respond.

Oh, and you wanna' get to heaven? Just believe and repent before you die.
You're in.

You're in.
Amen, it's that simple! :yes4:

~ An Atheists Only Hope Is That There Is No Afterlife - Their Greatest Fear Is That There IS ~

You're in.

I heard an excellent definition of "believe" on the radio this afternoon; to believe is to live as if something is true.

That's a little more than mere mental assent

It’s LOVE that constrains us to be truthful and tell people like you that they are lost and headed for Hell if they don’t know Jesus Christ, not hate. Hate says nothing.​

At least one non-believer gets this. Atheist Penn Jillette (of the magician duo, Penn & Teller) has famously said:

"I've always said that I don't respect people who don't proselytize. I don't respect that at all. If you believe that there's a heaven and a hell, and people could be going to hell or not getting eternal life, and you think that it's not really worth telling them this because it would make it socially awkward--and atheists who think people shouldn't proselytize and who say just leave me alone and keep your religion to yourself--how much do you have to hate somebody to not proselytize? How much do you have to hate somebody to believe everlasting life is possible and not tell them that?" Exactly!​

~ Liberals & Atheists Always Manipulate Language. Never Let Them Set The Terms In A Debate ~​

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back