A Giant Has Awoken: Resistance in the Blue Zone

Warrior1256

I LOVE IT!!!! Could this possibly be the lead up to the second "Shot Heard Round the World"?

JustTheFacts

Apparently you have never been hunting for feral pigs. It's as if the AR is built for it.

The other great thing about the AR that we have to take up arms for defense of ourselves... if that be against the Federal government in a tyrannical state than so be it.

So do you suggest we don't take up arms? Maybe we should all have six shooters? Then the Federal government can completely take us over any time they want. If a "no knock warrant" happens in the middle of the night and you have no idea who these jack booted thugs are that just busted your front door in... trust me, you'll wish you had more than your .380.

So you've been hog hunting? Where? And is a hog just like a jack booted thug or does the hog wear body armor too? You've hunted both, right?

JeanP

Now I understand people want to be able to own AR 15 rifles, though I'm not sure why? Why are the people of the U.S. so infatuated with the AR 15 or any assault rifles? Could it be they want to feel like G.I. Joe? Now I have owned pistols of various calibers, rifles and shotguns. But I only own rifles for hunting or maybe a .22lr rifle for targets. Same with shotguns, only for hunting. I don't understand the reason people are so drawn to the assault rifles? They can't honestly believe the Government/Military is going to over-throw the citizens of the U.S. can they? And I see nothing great to fear so much that you need an assault rifle? Unless you are dealing drugs or have a lot of drugs/money/other valuables laying around in your house, I doubt that three people with AR 15's will break in. I just can not understand the American people's love affair with assault rifles. I only own a .380 and a .32 acp pistol for home and carry and I feel safe with that.
:dirol:[/QUO

Are you for real? Why do we want to own AR15 or AR10 rifles? You have got to be kidding me. My favorite gun is the AR15 my husband built for me. It is not an "assault rifle". It is a modern sporting rifle. It is great for hunting small game, home defense, plinking (with the .22lr conversion) and just plain fun to shoot. As a 60 something, great-grandmother, I find that my AR is lightweight and adjustable. It has much less recoil than my 30-06. The ammunition is reasonably priced and readily available. It fits everyone in my family. It is highly customizable. Think scopes, lasers, lights, etc. It breaks down quickly for cleaning. And, despite what Diane Feinstein wants, I own it because I can.

Nightmare45

NRA LIFE MEMBER
A final note, I drive an F-350 with 150 gals of diesel, why, because I like it, besides it will force you liberal losers to buy an electric car, hence I am helping to save the planet.

vernsimpson

A final note, I drive an F-350 with 150 gals of diesel, why, because I like it, besides it will force you liberal losers to buy an electric car, hence I am helping to save the planet.

I had to reply to this because I could not hit the like button at least a dozen times!!!!!!

foxytwo

Now I understand people want to be able to own AR 15 rifles, though I'm not sure why? Why are the people of the U.S. so infatuated with the AR 15 or any assault rifles? Could it be they want to feel like G.I. Joe? Now I have owned pistols of various calibers, rifles and shotguns. But I only own rifles for hunting or maybe a .22lr rifle for targets. Same with shotguns, only for hunting. I don't understand the reason people are so drawn to the assault rifles? They can't honestly believe the Government/Military is going to over-throw the citizens of the U.S. can they? And I see nothing great to fear so much that you need an assault rifle? Unless you are dealing drugs or have a lot of drugs/money/other valuables laying around in your house, I doubt that three people with AR 15's will break in. I just can not understand the American people's love affair with assault rifles. I only own a .380 and a .32 acp pistol for home and carry and I feel safe with that.
:dirol:
You state that you owned rifles, the only difference between your rifles and an "assult rifle" is looks. They both only shoot one bullet at a time.There are a lot of semi automatic rifles used for hunting and target shooting. Tell me, how many crimes are commited with "assult rifles" or just regular rifles. I think you watch to much liberal news, you should watch Fox news where you can get real news.

Romans5.8

If you read my post, I did not say people should not be allowed to own so-called assault rifles. I said I do not understand the infatuation with the assault rifles by the American people. I said I would only own a rifle for hunting or maybe a .22lr rifle for targets. For me a gun of any kind has to have a purpose such as hunting, targets, or self defense. However, as I said my .380 and .32 acp pistols are enough for self defense. I do not see a need for rifles for home defense. Maybe an assault rifle could be a collector's item, though myself if I collected guns the assault rifle would not be appealing to me as a collector's item. I just do not see the attraction to assault rifles.
:victory:

Handgun cartridges are small and ineffective. They are better than nothing, but shouldn't be considered home defense weapons. Can they be? Sure. Beats a stick anytime. But if a person wants to defend their home the best purchase they can make is a 12 gauge or better shotgun, or a rifle that fires a potent cartridge that is management and fast firing like the AR-15. The AR-15 is an exceptionally good defense weapon.

Beyond that? It's a heck of a lot of fun to shoot. Shoot one and you'll understand the infatuation. (they come in .22lr as well!).

If you're serious about defense, you should consider a shotgun or a rifle for home defense. They are far better instruments for such a thing. Handguns exist for their portability. I can't carry my Mossberg 500 with me everywhere I go. So a handgun will have to suffice. If you break into my house tonight, the handgun will be holstered. The Mossberg 500 with 3" buckshot shells will be in my hand. Conventional wisdom about firearm defense is that a handgun is just a tool to get you to a real gun. Most police officers carry a shotgun or an AR-15 in their vehicles (whether in the trunk or inside the vehicle). Many are trained to fire while retreating to their car to grab that shotgun or AR-15. It's a significantly more effective weapon than their sidearm.

Finally, "need" is the most horrible argument made by the gun-grabbing left. (Full disclosure; I'm a liberal-leaning moderate. But conservative on the issue of firearms). There are a lot of things I don't "need". Should we ban my pet rat because I don't "need" it and she scares some people who have never been around rats? Maybe we should ban my motorcycle because I have a car so I don't "need" my motorcycle, others don't understand the appeal of riding a motorcycle and they scare them.

Banning something because people don't need it, is something straight out of George Orwells novel "1984". We aren't a country of not being allowed to have only what we need. So, since you actually did say assault rifles should be banned; I question why? Because you don't see a use for one? So what?

I don't hunt yet I own several rifles. None I intend to use for self defense either. I own a black powder rifle, it's fun to shoot. I own a WWII Lee Enfield rifle and it's a riot. I've got a .22 rifle because no home is complete without one.

"Nobody needs it, so it should be illegal" just makes no sense to me.

Here's a quick add for the earlier comment about AR-15's as defense.

Below is a .45ACP cartridge, the most powerful commonly carried semi-automatic handgun round. A much more powerful round than the .32 and .380 you carry. It's standing next to the round fired from an AR-15; which is a small round by high-powered rifle standards. In fact there are areas where the round is considered too small to hunt with and they won't let you hunt with it (they don't want injured animals limping around). Doesn't take a genius to figure out there's a big difference in effectiveness here.

Link Removed

ANOTHER reason they are useful, is that round is a NATO round. That means it's being used by militaries around the world, there is TONS of it all over the world, and it's accessible. The second amendment was not about self defense or hunting. It was about two things. One, was defense of the homeland. In WWII the Japenese emperor (or was it one of the generals, I don't remember) said they'd never invade the United States; there'd be a gun behind every blade of grass. Should everything fail, our military fail, and an enemy come within our borders. Should the United States ever be invaded, you can bet they'll meet resistance. Few guns embody that better than a light, powerful, low recoil, high capacity AR-15. Parts, ammo, and accessories are readily available. In a combat situation you can swap parts on your Colt AR-15 with Bushmaster parts of whatever. You can fix it in the field, and keep on fighting. Isn't it ironic that coastal states are banning high capacity magazines and assault rifles. In reality, they are where they are most needed. We are not too big to fail. Should the US be invaded, there's no better domestic security policy than having millions of well-armed citizens equipped with combat-ready rifles. Everywhere the enemy turns they'll have Americans with nothing left to lose and a whole lot of surplus ammo.

The other reason for the second amendment was a last line of defense against tyranny. We the people can take our government back with force. Again, it's the perfect weapon for that.

So as far as the second amendment is concerned, the AR-15 is what it's talking about. Not your self defense pistol, or your buddies hunting rifle.

Radar_Rider

thanks

Thanks for the clarification, Blues. I am a newb here, and quite frankly, was starting to wonder if this is the right place for good advice about gun/carry issues that are important to me. I guess it takes all kinds to make a forum! :rolleyes:

Bhoffman

:dirol:

My grandson (10) and I both have AR 15s (Armalite Model 15). We use them to hunt predators (coyote, fox bobcat, mt. lion). The are smart, difficult to put down animals. Having a quick followup shot is necessary for a successful hunt. These are NOT assault rifles. They are modern semi-automatic sporting rifles. No different from a Browning or Remington semi-automatic rifle except for their cosmetic appearance. They are more popular because they use parts that have commonality with military versions and are in higher production (availability). They DO have valid hunting uses.
Assault rifles (M 16s) are what the military and some government agencies use. They are fully automatic weapons and are illegal for civilians to have except by special exemption. They have NO practical hunting use.
However, I do believe that "We The People" should be able to own any weapon our government owns (including nuclear weapons), and may at some point use them against us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForwardUntilDawn