A Few Relocation Questions

cmhbob

Sig fault.
Howdy all,

I'm soon relocating to your fair state, in the Muskogee area. I have an Ohio resident permit and a PA non-resident permit. As I read the maps, I'm okay to carry on the PA non-resident until I get my OK permit, subject to OK laws, correct? Technically the Ohio permit is revoked as soon as I establish OK residency.

What are classes running these days? I think I paid $100 for my Ohio class, plus about 150 rounds of ammo.

Anything else I need to consider?

classes run any where from $35.00 to $60.00 state law says $60.00 is the max.
I paid $50.00. plus there is a fee for the paper work and checks, which comes to $150.00 for a 5 year permit.
I have a few links for you to look over. They are to the OSBI web site and deal with the permit.
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation - Concealed Weapons Licensing
a few links off the page may be of interest to you. be sure and read the Oklahoma law on concealed carry
Its the SDA law book. here is the link to that in pdf form
http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_Lawbook_NOV_2010.pdf
Take note This state Is looking at some changes to these laws, and there may be open carry, or campus carry in the future.
Also take note under definitions of the SDA law book #1 is
"Concealed handgun means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding as a passenger."
note how it says "from the detection and view"
In Oklahoma this means your gun can not print. If some one sees an outline of it, your wrong. ;)
No worries no one here seems to look any way.
If I can be of more help just yell. and welcome to OKLAHOMA.

Thanks for the welcome. Looks like we'll be scouting in September and October, and settling in January.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back