A few questions

cmpinva

Hi Everyone,
I'm new here and have a few questions.
1. Does VA require fingerprints when applying for CC? If so, where do you go to get them done?
2. To obtain a CC in VA do you have to take a class WITH live fire, or just the class (or neither)?

Thanks!
Maria

Hi Everyone,
1. Does VA require fingerprints when applying for CC? If so, where do you go to get them done?
2. To obtain a CC in VA do you have to take a class WITH live fire, or just the class (or neither)?

Thanks!
Maria

From your username, it looks like you are a Virginia resident:

"COMPLETE AND NOTARIZED APPLICATIONS FOR RESIDENT PERMITS SHALL BE FORWARDED TO THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE COUNTY OR CITY IN WHICH THE APPLICANT RESIDES. ***THE APPLICANT SHOULD CONSULT WITH THE COURT AUTHORITIES FOR INSTRUCTION AND GUIDANCE SPECIFIC TO HIS OR HER APPLICATION. ***

Links:

Virginia State Police - Resident Concealed Handgun Permits

N/R Virginia firearms permits require fingerprints by a local law enforcement agency to accompany the notarized application.

Virginia State Police - Nonresident Concealed Handgun Permits

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!
Maria

Hi Maria! I just joined here but I can answer your question. No Virginia has no photo or fingerprint requirements. No live class is required at all. You can take a very easy course on line for $19.99 and get a certificate. Take that with the application to your county court clerk, pay the fee and you're done! Let me know if you have any other questions.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back