A DUI in your past !

SIGP938

Hi I have 3 daughters and for christmas my youngest bought all of them stun guns . She was informed that a CCW is required . She has taken her class 2 and her other sisters are going after theirs .My oldest daughter 3 or so yrs ago had gotten a DUI and took the classes and all . its now in the past but will this effect her getting a CCW ?

Was her DUI an felony arrest? It depends on your issuing authority.some States have strict Regulations when it relates to DUI infractions. I do not believe it will be an issue, but She must disclose any, and all information from that charge including an Court Disposition.

Including the paperwork for Completing the School. Seems allot of work just to carry a Stun Gun. Might as well go all the way, and Carry an Handgun. In my opinion. I understand completely that some people just don't feel comfortable carrying an Handgun.

Good luck to you. Let us know on the outcome.have a nice day.

You need to ask your issuing authority...IMO unless you're in a 'may-issue' State, I wouldn't see a problem.

Was her DUI an felony arrest? It depends on your issuing authority.some States have strict Regulations when it relates to DUI infractions. I do not believe it will be an issue, but She must disclose any, and all information from that charge including an Court Disposition.

Including the paperwork for Completing the School. Seems allot of work just to carry a Stun Gun. Might as well go all the way, and Carry an Handgun. In my opinion. I understand completely that some people just don't feel comfortable carrying an Handgun.

Good luck to you. Let us know on the outcome.have a nice day.

Thats what I was thinking. If one were to deploy the stun gun, they are most likely in the realm of using deadly force anyway (from a civilian standpoint). And the immobile effectiveness of a stun gun is only temporary.

Thanks for the input . I dont think the first DUI is under an felony she was tested and released that night on bail . I guess I dont know forsure on all her details . She love coming out with me to shoot handguns and rifles . And as long as she can take the test she and my middle daughter are taking the class 1 CCW so it would be up to her if she wantsw to carry or not .

Dui's are not a huge deal for a class 2 permit. However don't bother to go for a class1. I have had a couple older people who can not get the class 1 because of MIP's 40 years ago. Unfortunately the BCI can not tell You if You are able to get a class2, until You either get denied, or get the permit. They won't tell Law Enforcement either. So The only thing I can tell You, as an instructor is try for the class2 and see how it shakes out.

there is now a 10 year statute of limitations on DUI's for the Class 1.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back