9mm won't protect you?

Doc that's incorrect the .22 has killed more men in its entirety.

The 22 hasn't been extensively used in warfare worldwide like the 9mm.

Domestic crime is a drop in the bucket compared to two world wars, many minor conflicts, and large scale democide.

-Doc

Same old story, shot placement will work every time no matter what caibre you use. 2 in the chest and 1 in the head will make um dead.
Bill

It is not the volts that kill you its the amps, any well placed shot can and does kill, carry what you wish but be proficient with it.

Physics apply 1/2 mass times velocity squared.

Listen. As a former marine who had the PRIVELAGE of using his 9 mil during an Op. I will say that your source is wrong and the 9mm ball will effectively take down a man quickly with proper shot placement.

On the other side of the story there is the tragic shooting in AZ where a woman was shot in the head. We do not know the end to that story but she seems to be recovering amazingly well. Well enough to go to DC and cast her vote.

Then there was the story about some idiot who shot himself in the forehead with his 9mm and talked to the medics all the way to the hospital. He was released no stupider than when he went in.

I would consider a 9mm for my wife is she decided to carry but might lean toward a 38 super. For myself it is 45 ACP all day every day.

I've seen this debate many times, both on this forum and on others, and now, just as I did then, I feel that shot placement is more of a factor in "man stoppability" than caliber is.

I surely enjoy the "i carry 45 all day every day posts", as envious as I am I'd rather not carry a brick around with me everywhere I go :/

There's an old saying " a 380 in the pocket is better than a 45 in the glove-box". Whatever you choose, just make sure you carry it all the time.And of course shot placement is key. Remember MOSSAD used Berreta model 70's for their air marshals and that was a .22!

If you hit the STOP button, it doesn't matter what you use. I've seen .22's and .25's take down full grown livestock instantly but I also watched a guy that was shot by a .25 snatch the shooter out of the car and beat on him until the police arrived.

Larger calibers like .44's and .45's just give you a little more 'fudge factor' for those times when you don't hit the stop button flush.

BUT, using a large bore gun isn't a guarantee of effectiveness either. Bill Longley, a Texas badman of the Reconstruction era, was once shot 14 times with a .44 of the era and lived to tell the tale. None of the bullets hit the stop button, so he lived to be hung.

Aim where you need to, hit what you are aiming at and the rest is immaterial.

On the other side of the story there is the tragic shooting in AZ where a woman was shot in the head. We do not know the end to that story but she seems to be recovering amazingly well. Well enough to go to DC and cast her vote.

Then there was the story about some idiot who shot himself in the forehead with his 9mm and talked to the medics all the way to the hospital. He was released no stupider than when he went in.

I would consider a 9mm for my wife is she decided to carry but might lean toward a 38 super. For myself it is 45 ACP all day every day.

And of course the LEO who shot a BG four times thru the lungs with his 45. The BG proceeded to assault the LEO, taking him to the ground and was in the process of beating the LEO to death.

A passerby with a 9mm dispatched the thug with a shot to the head, and the LEO lived.

Yessirreee, the 45 is a magic death ray gun which even a hit to the pinky is instantly lethal. Those 9mm's are just puffballs for girls when compared to a REAL man's gun.

-Doc

Haha you tell em doc! As someone who never wants to be shot I can honestly say that if a gun was pointed at my head I wouldn't stop and think "oh its just a 380 ill be fine". A bullet is a frickin bullet! I had a friend shot by a stray 22 in the upper thigh, she almost died several times because it wouldn't heal/drain properly. That was also from roughly 50 yards away

practice practice practice, shot placement critical. I feel very proficient with my .17hmr, .22, .40, shotgun, and my compound bow. I really wouldnt want to be shot with either weapon. shot placement critical, practice practice practice.

I own handguns in .22, 38, .357mag, 9mm, and 45cal. I would not want to get hit anywhere on me, with any of them. To me the idea that the .45 cal is the only gun to carry, is way off base. Yes, a 45 does have more stopping power, but is it always needed. There are many deaths on the streets every year, and I'm sure they're not all using 45's. A good part of the worlds police and military use the 9mm, and I'm sure they have the records and studies to show why. The 9mm personal protection ammo is nothing to sneeze at. I sometimes carry a 45, and sometimes a 9mm. I don't feel any less safe carrying the 9mm. Remember, it was only a 22cal the killed Robert Kennedy. I like the 45, and think it's a fun gun to shoot, but I think it's need, has been over hyped. As a wise old shooter told me years ago in a discussion about best carry caliber, he said,
"Son, remember nobody likes to leak".
regards
Ed

Bah, you have to make a compromise in a carry gun and it simply isn't practical to lug around a Desert Eagle in 50AE. A 9mm that you CAN carry is still better than a 50AE that you can't.

I personally knew someone, and read stories of people killed by a single .22. I carry Hornady 9mm Critical Defense.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back