9mm pocket pistol

Both have received good and bad reviews. I tend to favor the Ruger but I would shoot both before I made a decision. I had an LCP but traded it towards a Glock .40 when the .380 ammo went through the roof. Now that the price on the ammo has come back down I may pick me up another one.

Most certainly an opinion only, but I don't feel an LC9 is really a pocket pistol. Now this is just me, but I know I can't stick one in my front pants pocket and then pull it without the rear sight snagging the pocket on the way out.

No comment about the Taurus Slim, I have no experience with that one.

The Ruger LCP is a good example of a "pocket pistol". With a pocket holster of course. I'm sure there are many other models out there that fit the criteria as well. If the .380 cartridge is a concern, I guess one has to to remember that everything in life has it's trade offs.

Hope you find something that works for you. Good luck.

I just purchased a Taurus 709 Slim, but I can tell you that I did NOT buy it for a "pocket pistol". IMO it is definitely not a pocket pistol unless you wear cargo type pants all the time....it just doesn't work well in jeans. I pocket carry a Ruger LCP...now that is a pocket pistol. As far as the Taurus, I put 100 rds thru it yesterday and am very pleased with it..no misfires or jams. No experience with the LC9. Good luck with your choice.

OK here are my 2 cents guys, and gals.

Both firearms th Taurus Slim 709 and the Ruger LC9 are not in to category of pocket pistols.

For the following reasons:

1.- To much bulk, dimensions and weight are of a small compact
2.- The lines and contur have a tendancy to snag inside the pockets.

now can you carry them both in IWB holster and even OWB holsters....hell yes you can.

and they both melt away using that type of holsters. I know I have both.

Both are built like a tank (they are not made like a glock,but for being under $400, you can not beat it.)

I have not had issues with them, but again, take it with a grain of salt, all vendors have issues.

I have had Kimbers, Glock and Springfields that have had issues even the good old Sig 226 I carried had issues. so I do not like to go by the brand. I go on a gun to gun kinda deal.

hope it helps....also take a look at the Khar CW9 they are really good for about the same price. :)

good luck

oh and check out my new website :) Link Removed tell me if you like it.

I carry my lc9 in my front pocket everyday, it carries better than my bodyguard 38 spl revolver which I only carry with shorts and sweats because it is much lighter.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back