9mm plinking ammo/ where to buy

larrycw9

Just wondering about what brand of ammo you use for target practice and where you typically buy it.

I buy from walmart, mainly due to the lack of gun shops in the area. I buy either Win or Fed 100rd boxes. I was able to score 3 100rd boxes of Federal 230gr FMJ 45ACP today. Still had a few boxes after and then a bunch of 40 S&W. I prefer to buy in bulk when possible.

These days you pretty much have to take what you can find.
Winchester White Box is very popular for pinking.
So is Federal bulk.
Remington is getting a bad rap for their .22lr but I haven't heard a lot of negative on their center fire pistol ammo.

look on line, there are a few search engines for ammo.
try Link Removed
then click on the ammo tab

Problem I've had ordering it from the internet is that it basically doubles the cost. However, at least you can get some that way. Around here I have seen one box of .45ACP and no boxes of 9mm in the past couple-three months.

If you're in OR, WA, or ID the cheapest place for plinking ammo by far is Bi-Mart. Unfortunately they usually have a fairly limited selection, and it goes quick especially in times like these. Next is Walmart, and then local sporting goods stores. I only order ammo online if I'm buying in large bulk and Bi-mart is out.

If you're in OR, WA, or ID the cheapest place for plinking ammo by far is Bi-Mart. Unfortunately they usually have a fairly limited selection, and it goes quick especially in times like these. Next is Walmart, and then local sporting goods stores. I only order ammo online if I'm buying in large bulk and Bi-mart is out.

low prices are useless if the place hasn't anything in stock to sell to people

Thank you captain obvious.

hey Micky D's is selling burgers for a nickle but they ran out of "meat" so in effect they are NOT selling any of those cheap burgers, same concept as your post, store XYZ has great prices but there is nothing in stock to sell

thanks for the useless info.

If you dont mind buying from Walmart, they are getting better about stocking the shelves, at least near me. (I'm in NY so that should at least give a little hint of it getting better) I recently picked up 3 100rd bxoes of 45acp and couple months back was able to pick up 3 100rd boxes of 9mm. Both Federal Walmart boxes. Good prices, too. $33.77 per 100 45acp and $21.95(ish) per 100 9mm. Cant get much cheaper than that.

Thank you captain obvious.

hey Micky D's is selling burgers for a nickle but they ran out of "meat" so in effect they are NOT selling any of those cheap burgers, same concept as your post, store XYZ has great prices but there is nothing in stock to sell

thanks for the useless info.

Never once did I say they had nothing in stock. I said it goes quickly, which it does. They get a shipment every week. As long as you get there quickly you can find some. Apparently you skipped reading comprehension day at school, didn't ya golden boy?

Never once did I say they had nothing in stock. I said it goes quickly, which it does. They get a shipment every week. As long as you get there quickly you can find some. Apparently you skipped reading comprehension day at school, didn't ya golden boy?

so if you're there when they have it you are getting some, if you'r late you've wasted time and money trying to score one of your bargains.
maybe you have the luxury of time and can plan your day around ammo shipments however many of us cannot or will not especially when similar prices can be found on many sites.
YMMV and have a nice day

Federal, magtech (CBC), Winchester, S&B, herter's brass (sister company of S&B).

Stay away from steel cases, aluminum.

Remington works, but is my least favorite. 100 year old powder formula that is dirty and the brass is crap. It has half the reloading life of the other companies and is terrible brass to reload.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back