9mm Ammo hard to find

JohnLM

A not so funny thing happen today. I went to the local Walmart to buy my usual 9mm ammo and they were completely out. In fact they didn't have any 9mm ammo. So I said I would try another store. To make a long story short, after running all over town I couldn't find NOT ONE BOX of 9mm. Thankfully I have a 40 and a 38. I was wondering if anyone else have experience this? I like my 9 but it looks like I would be shooting my 40 for a while, at least until that run out too. Bummer:mad:

They're not the only ones, although to be honest, I've been finding Walmart out of all but steel ammo quite a bit over the last few months.

However, most of the smaller gun stores are either out, or selling at close to $20 a box for target ammo. Even some of the bigger shops, like Shooters here in Jax are low on 9mm and completely out in other calibers...and their prices have crept up as well.

Buy online, I know of a couple places that still have ammo. Im about to buy a batch of reloads for my range ammo and keep the new stuff I already have.

My local Walmart is also out, Went to one in Delaware and they had 2 boxes. I bought both of them and 2 other customers were looking for the same. The sales clerk said that the warehouse was also out.

Obama's reelection + threats of bans/taxes/possession limits/ + UN Treaties + God-only-knows what else = PANIC BUYING!!

The handwriting has been on the wall for a couple of years but everyone was wishing for a different result when the toilets flushed in November. OOPSIE.

What with manufactuers committments to military and law enforcement contracts, there's not enough spare capacity to absorb shockingly large quanties of across-the-board (panic buying) demand from John Q. Public. Reloading components are in the same sudden supply crunch.

Get enough for your needs as you can, where you can, without breaking the bank. Remember who gouged on prices and who did not. The situation WILL eventually return to "normal" and that is when one begins laying in a "long-term supply interuption buffer" for when it happens again (and it will).

Yep, can't find .22lr, or 9mm at all in Wally World or the LGS. I can still find some .380 and .45 through, but it's starting to get hard to find as well.

same here in va beach.first walmart was out of target rounds and had one 20 round box of hp for $25.second walmart had a guy a guy ahead of me buying up the five boxes of hp.(said his dad sent him up there to buy all the hp they had).they did have some russian stuff i didnt want.i think the only reason they had any there was because the customer service is so bad at that store.he had been standing there for almost a half hour.third store was out of everything and said would get some in a few days.he was wrong. i ended finding some at ****'s.

Before long I might have to consider posting a sign at the gun range reading "will trade unopened case of 1000 rounds of brass-cased ammo for top-quality Python"

My local Walmarts have been out of 9mm for awhile now. I want yesterday for groceries and was walking past sporting goods as they were stocking the shelves and the lady had a single 100 round box of 9mm HPs. (I bought them.)

Walmarts and such are low or out here in Raleigh, I went into Gander Mountain two days ago and I was stunned with the amount of ammo, mainly 9mm they had. bulk ammo of 1000 rounds as well as fifty round boxes again in 9mm. Bulk ammo wasn't a bad price at 249 per 1000 but they nail you on the fifty round boxes. Haven't seen much .40 SW though.

I went to Cabela's today and the Ammo (Handgun) isle was deserted so speak. Hardly anything but crappy ammo. .38, .357SIG, .40S&W, .45ACP el al was almost completely empty. But they had ALL KINDS of 9mm. Mostly FMJ and some JHP, but they had it all over the place. We stopped by Wally World on the way home to check for some .40S&W but nothing there. But they also had more 9mm than anything else except Shot Shells. I can't seem to find any Speer Gold Dot anywhere around my area (Boise). Later & Peace

Wal-Marts around Charleston are mostly sold out of near everything. Almost no rifles left and very little ammo left, except birdshot.

The large gun shop here still has 50rd boxes of almost everything, though... at steep prices. Smaller shops are sold out of the most common calibers, what's left is hiked in prices a bit. One shop here is still selling 5.45x39mm for a decent price so I've been buying that up! Most bulk cases are gone though, 1000rds of .223 and 7.62x39mm are gone and they were going for near $400 here locally. I did see, briefly, go-packs of .308Win on the shelf for near $250... I think it was 200rd packs. Those went in short order... I have not seen Mil-Surplus anything for about a week around here.

walmarts in albuquerque are out, have not been able to get more .22, 9mm, and just snaged the last box of .40 they had. I have been able to buy .380 but that does not surprise me at $36 a box. And grabed a few hundred rounds of 7 1/2 shot 12 gauge.

Las Vegas is wiped out as well. I tried 6 Walmarts and Bass Pro Shops. They're all out of 22lr, 9mm and .223. .40 S&W and 45acp can still be found though. The handgun case at Bass Pro Shops looks like it's been looted. There were 5 guns in the 2 display cases that usually contain about 100.

AS a previous poster said:

The handwriting has been on the wall for a couple of years...

Thankfully I've been stocking up on ammo and reloading components for years. I just wish my friends had been because going out shooting by myself is not as much fun.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back