$600 burn'n a hole.. What to buy!

KimberPB

Ok. I have some birthday money and and a refund check from my morgage company and have decided to treat myself to something. The only problem is deciding on what. Here is what I currently have:

Kimber Ultra Carry II (my carry piece)
-A custom build AR 15
-A New England Firearms single shot 20 gauge
-A Russian Mosin Nagant M44

Some stuff I was thinking about was:
-An aimpoint/mount for the AR
-I looked at a Walther P22 with the 5in barrel kit
-A used Sig P225/P6 9mm
-A stripped AR lower
-Another gun I could use as a bug or a carry gun if something happened to the Kimber.
-Some kind of 5in pistol

To many choices not enough money! lol

HK4U

Well I have a Sig 225 and it is a fine weapon. It was the first auto I bought for a carry gun in the early 90's. Have you considered a fighting shot gun?

I'd go for the BUG. I'm a firm believer in having a spare. We carry a spare tire for our cars, why not a BUG for our lives....

gf

KimberPB

Well I have a Sig 225 and it is a fine weapon. It was the first auto I bought for a carry gun in the early 90's. Have you considered a fighting shot gun?

I did actually look at a Mossberg 12 gauge 18 1/2" pump with a pistol grip and collapsible stock. So yes that was an option also.

Red Hat

A new BUG would be my choice although a good .22 would be nice for cheap practice. Look around for $600 you probably could get both.:)

E

echo_5

For $600 I'd get a 12ga. Mossberg and mags + ammo for whatever you got as I see a dem getting elected. A buddy and I are hoarding beta c-mags as an investment. :cool:

KimberRB

I here your dad is a very nice person you could get him somthing nice, After all lookat all he as done for you (a nice 9mm would work) :D

ecocks

Decisions, decisions

Ammo supply? BUG? Shotgun?

Tough choices. But, if you were interested in shotgunning, maybe you should go for that and start watching for the combat shotgun training programs and competitions in your area. Little something else to keep you busy at the range.

Unearthed

I would get the BUG...a S&W 442 to be exact.

Hey wait, that's what I'm buying next...and I'm going to carry it on its own on occasion. :eek:

KimberPB

Thanks for all the feed back guys! I'm still looking around but did find out my buddy has a remington 870 18" 12 gauge pump he's thinking about selling. If I can pick that up for a good deal I may jump on it. Thanks again and I will post some pics when I finally pick something up.

my buddy has a remington 870 18" 12 gauge pump .

I'd prefer a Mossberg. The tang safety is a lot more "user friendly". You can have your thumb working the safety while still having your finger on the trigger. In combat/defense situations, spilt second timing is sometimes critical. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NearshoreRnD