4x4 SUV Which is better, Cherokee or Grand cherokee?

Sbc006

Looking to get a SUV that is good off road. Does anyone have experience with a Jeep Cherokee or Grand Cherokee? I like the Grand Cherokee because it's a little bigger and has more options but like the simplicity of a Cherokee. Can anyone share experiences with either of these? Thanks!

I have had both over the years. Off road,in my opinion, the cherokee. It is lighter.

I have owned and off-roaded both. Ch=Cherokee. GC= grand Cherokee. For me I loved the GC the comfort and low road noise. And also unmatched off-road capabilitys. The AWD transfercase does okay but I didn't like it. Which is what comes in most GC. But the V-8 option is awesome. As for the ch its noisy but bone stock will do amazing things off-road. They are light, easier to upgrade, after market parts are more readily available. So all in all its what you want the most out of the vehicle. But for me with a little work a GC is the best. So I hope my two wooden pennies worth helps.

I used to own a 98 GC, great little rig unless you have to work on them. The cherokee has more after market options as citadel already explained. More bells and whistles on the GC.

Looking to get a SUV that is good off road. Does anyone have experience with a Jeep Cherokee or Grand Cherokee? I like the Grand Cherokee because it's a little bigger and has more options but like the simplicity of a Cherokee. Can anyone share experiences with either of these? Thanks!
I think if I took my wife's 40K Grand Cherokee off road, she'd shoot me! I think I'd go with something less expensive when it breaks.

I have had 4 Cherokees and no Grand Cherokees.... Everyone I have known that had a GC kept having to get them repaired.... Never really had any major problems with the plain Cherokee... Strange that they are from the same manuf, but such different maintenance histories.

Only have driven my good friends Cherokee, and my cousins Grand Cherokee. I prefer the cherokee for off roading. GC is too nice. That being said, I take my X5 off road lolol I'm just more careful than I would be with a cherokee, wrangler, or small pickup.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back